19' Escape, Honda Ridgeline - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2020, 10:03 AM   #1

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1999 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Lawrence
19' Escape, Honda Ridgeline

I'm curious if anyone tows a 19' Escape with a Ridgeline (mine is a 2018). By the numbers, it works, but my travels take me up and down the mountains from Kansas to northern California. On the flats, I'm pretty sure there isn't a problem - up and down the Rockies, Sierra's and Trinity Mountains - might be another issue.

Anybody have experience with this?

TIA
thunderworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:57 AM   #2

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Rick,

I am not really in the market for a new vehicle, but I enjoy researching pickups for our next tow vehicle. We currently have a Casita 17 that we tow with a midsize SUV with a V8 that is rated to tow 7,500 lbs. I am a Honda Ridgeline fan. I look forward to reading this thread as it applies to your Ridgeline and the Escape 19.

Take care,

Dean
Old 08-05-2020, 08:58 AM   #3

Name: Dave and Bonnie
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
I have a 2007 Ridgeline and I towed a 17' Boler from Vancouver to Winnipeg and back - never had a problem with anything. I do have electric brakes on the trailer. The Ridgeline will easily tow your 17' Escape - without a transmission cooler! Relax and enjoy!! Dave and Bernice the Boler
Attached Thumbnails
Porteau Cove 2019.jpg  
daveandbonscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:55 AM   #4

Name: Larry
Trailer: Escape
Oregon
I tow a Escape 19 with. 2019 Ridgeline and it works just fine in the mountains of Oregon, you may experience a slow down with very steep grades but it’s manageable, at least you will be faster than the big trucks. The Ridgeline is a very comfortable vehicle to travel in and I highly recommend it.
larryf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:58 AM   #5

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1999 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Lawrence
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryf View Post
I tow a Escape 19 with. 2019 Ridgeline and it works just fine in the mountains of Oregon, you may experience a slow down with very steep grades but it’s manageable, at least you will be faster than the big trucks. The Ridgeline is a very comfortable vehicle to travel in and I highly recommend it.
Thanks Larryf. That's just the type of feedback I wanted and was hoping for. We leave tomorrow for California. Going to be a fun month (I hope!).

R.
thunderworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 10:55 AM   #6

Name: Steve
Trailer: Escape Travel Trailers
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderworks View Post
I'm curious if anyone tows a 19' Escape with a Ridgeline (mine is a 2018). By the numbers, it works, but my travels take me up and down the mountains from Kansas to northern California. On the flats, I'm pretty sure there isn't a problem - up and down the Rockies, Sierra's and Trinity Mountains - might be another issue.

Anybody have experience with this?

TIA
I towed our Escape 19 with a Ridegline (2017) for several years. It did fine. I always felt I was at the limit for that vehicle, however. The specs say it will do it and it did, but that feeling of being at the limit all the time always bothered me. We have planned an upcoming cross country trip and that's why I traded in the Ridgeline for a new Ford F150.
Steve Holderfield is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape