1986 13’ Perris Pacer axel - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2022, 05:34 PM   #1

Name: Duane
Trailer: 1986 Perris Pacer
West Virginia
1986 13’ Perris Pacer axel

I need to replace the original axel on our 1986 PP. Does anyone know if it’s the same axel as the older scamp 13’ . I called scamp and they won’t confirm or deny that the replacement axel they sell would work. I’ve looked for several hours on here and can’t find any posts saying it would fit as it should.

Any help would be appreciated.
Duane
Duane Boyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 06:41 PM   #2

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
I would go right to the manufacturer; Dexter axle. I would suggest reading the applications manual and figure out which axle fits your application. This will involve getting under your trailer and taking a few measurements. In addition you need to know the gross weight of your trailer. https://www.dexteraxle.com/user_area...it-008-00).pdf

Good Luck, and keep us posted.

--Dan Meyer
Dan Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 07:44 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Scamp has no way of knowing the exact design and measurements of a Perris Pacer frame. There are a lot of frame variations among the Boler clones.

You can work directly with an axle seller, in which case you will be responsible for taking all the required measurements on the order form. Mistakes are costly. Or you can work with an installer, in which case they will take the measurements and bear the resonsibility for any errors. If you use an installer, shops that do a lot of work with cargo and utility trailers are a better bet than RV shops. You want someone that does a lot of axle and suspension work every day.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 12:38 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Boyce View Post
I need to replace the original axel on our 1986 PP. Does anyone know if it’s the same axel as the older scamp 13’ . I called scamp and they won’t confirm or deny that the replacement axel they sell would work. I’ve looked for several hours on here and can’t find any posts saying it would fit as it should.

Any help would be appreciated.
Duane
An "AXEL" is a jump in figure skating.
Your trailer, and all vehicles have AXLES
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 10:59 PM   #5

Name: Charles
Trailer: Bigfoot
Georgia
This company is a Dexter Parts Distributor (but an independent company) Dexter Parts, Dexter Axles | Dexter Brakes | Dexter Parts | Torflex Axles and in their catalog, http://www.dexterpartsonline.com/fil...%20Section.pdf You will find all you need to know about the Dexter axles, options, how to measure, etc.

Charles
Old 07-11-2022, 05:34 PM   #6

Name: Duane
Trailer: 1986 Perris Pacer
West Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Collins View Post
An "AXEL" is a jump in figure skating.
Your trailer, and all vehicles have AXLES
Thanks for pointing out my spelling error, very helpful 👎🏻

As for the advice given by the others, thank you for the information.
Duane Boyce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
perris pacer