2014 Trillium Outback Delux - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2022, 11:56 AM   #1

Name: Rick
Trailer: 2014 Trillium
Delaware
2014 Trillium Outback Delux

Are there any mag wheels for the Trillium 4500 or some improvement over the stock wheels?
Squarknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 07:30 AM   #2

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
How do the stock wheels malfunction? Not sure how to respond without knowing the problem.
Do they bend easily, unable to get a good bead on the tire to hold air, or are you looking to change tire sizes?
Avoid replacement wheels not made in the US or Canada and inexpensive wheels are generally not a bargain (as per my several previous experiences buying replacement wheels for automobiles).
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 11:34 AM   #3

Delaware
Replacement wheels?

This unit was bought in Knoxville, Tenn. in June 2020, apparently sat a while in one position and the chrome was discolored, I have not been able to shine them up with any kind of cleaner or polish. The function well, no loss of air. I am taking it up to a local garage that does RV work, and having the bearings repacked, so I will ask them about this. Thank you for the reply. (Old Harley motor head from the 60's and 70's with Semi-Chrome in my blood)
Old 01-26-2022, 11:50 AM   #4

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Old 14" Ford Ranger rims work.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 03:30 PM   #5

Delaware
Replacement wheels?

Thank- you . I just made an appointment with a local Truck / RV shop that does a lot of wheel work. He is going to pull the wheels next week and repack the bearings and check the (Dexter) axle. I will mention that to him, went or E-trailer and they have a huge selection in all different price range. Oh for the old high school days when we could go down to the local junk yard and trick out our 56' Chevy's
Old 01-27-2022, 06:29 AM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Rick
Eastern Marine in Newark De. has a wide selection of trailer wheels/tires at a fair price and no tax. Their selection can be viewed on-line. They stock some in the store, but you need to contact them to see what is at the store since the tire and wheel business is mostly on-line and the wheels are shipped from another location.
Eddie
https://www.easternmarine.com/boatin...bbing-supplies
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 07:09 AM   #7

Delaware
Wheels

Thank's Eddie, you just dredged up a lot of old memories. I had a few boats in my lifetime and my friends from Wilmington & I always went to them for anything boat trailers. Since I moved to Lewes 20 years ago I have been dealing with E-trailer on- line and found them to be good on prices and shipping. Back problems prevent me from doing a lot of things I used to do. At least with the Trillium, I don't have to spend 3 weekends scrapping the bottom and applying outrageously expensive bottom paint. About the most I have to do is flush the anti-freeze out of the water system. The slip fees are a lot cheaper in my driveway too!

Tags
trillium