2015 Nissan Titan Cummins diesel - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2013, 05:43 AM   #1

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
2015 Nissan Titan Cummins diesel

5.0 v8, 300+ hp, estimated 550 ft lbs torque…can't wait to see the mileage estimates.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...NEWS/130829971

I always said I was going to drive this titan into the ground…this might be a game changer.
Jared J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I think this should really boost the sales of the Nissan NV work van. Nissan entered the work van market several years ago but did not have a diesel to compete with the Sprinter. The van has great features but when they said no diesel I and many others walked. If there is a great rise in MPG you may see it being used as a platform for a Class-B RV.
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:42 AM   #3

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
I've been a Toyota fan for years and current tow vechicle is a Tacoma 4X4 but this sure looks interesting. I've always thought Nissans are very good vechicles but I was not impressed with the local dealer or I might be driving one now.

I think this engine has aluminum heads and that is a concern to me. Time will tell. Nissan and Cummins both make great products.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
I think this should really boost the sales of the Nissan NV work van. ...
If there is a great rise in MPG you may see it being used as a platform for a Class-B RV.
I think the Nissan NV Cargo (1500/2500/ 3500) is a mediocre (at best) Class B platform because it has a long nose, modest wheelbase, and as a result poor usable interior room... compared to the Sprinter, or even the traditional Ford and GM vans. Its only attractive feature is the available factory high roof (also found in tne Sprinter and all coming European commercial vans).

With the diesel, maybe the NV Cargo or NV Passenger would be a good trailer tug.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote