85 Chevy Citation - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2019, 09:43 AM   #1

Name: Duane
Trailer: 1978 Burro
Michigan
85 Chevy Citation

Well I made it back from southwest AZ for the 4th time with my old girl. She has the Iron Duke under her hood. Somewhere around 2380 miles each way. 1300-1400 lbs.

Taught me a lot about coolant and trans fluid temp in the mountains.

She is now retired from towing my Burro. Only expected to go to AZ 3 times with her but I didn't get my V6 Olds ready in time last summer for my new tow vehicle.
DuaneQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:24 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneQ View Post
Well I made it back from southwest AZ for the 4th time with my old girl. She has the Iron Duke under her hood. Somewhere around 2380 miles each way. 1300-1400 lbs.

Taught me a lot about coolant and trans fluid temp in the mountains.

She is now retired from towing my Burro. Only expected to go to AZ 3 times with her but I didn't get my V6 Olds ready in time last summer for my new tow vehicle.
I worked for Chevrolet Motor Division and back in the day I was furnished a new vehicle to drive, I drove many and did at one time drive a Citation for 5000 miles. I like the standard shift model the best, I do remember they were much better then the Vega and other smaller models of the time. All being said the Corvair was one of my favorites of the Chevrolet small cars. Now all being said, I was a product of the 60's/70's and the hot rod cars of the time were my favorites.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote