Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2020, 10:21 AM   #21

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Lengthening or shortening the chains doesn't seem to matter as long as they can make a straight run to the plate at the ball, and you can get the adjuster all fitted up. The tongue brackets have to be set up so they can't slip. Don't forget to lube the ball, unless you have Anderson's plastic ball cover. Be sure the hitch is not putting too much stress on the coupler catch mechanism.
Old 06-28-2020, 05:59 PM   #22

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by oulous View Post
Well this is awkward. Casita has been selling the Anderson WDH as an option for years but here I am with a brand new Heritage that I drove to a flat parking lot yesterday to install the WDH and guess what. The included chain makes the brackets mount where the propane is. I saw in above posts that people extended or shortened the chain link. Which way is safe or more effective? Its nutty that Casita doesnt ship a kit that fits on their trailer.
this is what I did with a chain and bar style WDH...

basically, cut off the clamp part of the saddle bracket, and welded a piece of 1" box section to a piece of 3" C section, then welded the saddle bracket to that, and welded the whole thing onto the frame.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weight