Beachcomer hitch size - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #1

Name: Dollard
Trailer: Beachcomber
New Brunswick
Beachcomer hitch size

Hello, I have a 79 Beachcomer, what ball size should I use on my trailer hitch? Thanks

Dollard
Camper Beachcomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Beachcomer View Post
Hello, I have a 79 Beachcomer, what ball size should I use on my trailer hitch? Thanks

Dollard

That's easy, what size is on your trailer?????

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #3

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
The ball size is normally (probably always) stamped right into the top of the coupler on the trailer... just read it and use that size. North American balls are all 1-7/8", 2", 2-5/16", or (rarely) 3", and for a trailer the size of a Beachcomber it will almost certainly be 1-7/8" or 2". If a 2" ball fits in, that's probably the size; if it won't, it's probably 1-7/8"... but again, to be sure read the markings.

Markings are often obscured by paint, so some paint stripper might be called for.

It might seem like there should be a ready answer, but trailer components can change from year to year, or even day to day, so there is no way to be sure what was used on a particular brand in a particular year. Couplers are also replaced when they wear our or are damaged (or if the owner just prefers a different style), so even if we knew what it came with, we couldn't be sure what it has now.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #4

Name: Dollard
Trailer: Beachcomber
New Brunswick
Beachcomer hitch size

Thank you all. I checked the hitch and theres no markings. I have both sizes ball, the 2" ball those fit so I will use that one. but I will use paint remover and see if there isn't a size under many years os paint. Happy Camping.

Dollard
Camper Beachcomer is offline   Reply With Quote