Body mount and axle replace on a 17 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2015, 09:31 AM   #1
Commercial Member

Name: jerry
Trailer: ESCAPE 21/ OXYGEN 21
Missouri
Body mount and axle replace on a 17

I am getting ready to replace axle on 1990 17 burro , discovered body is not centered on the frame, seems to sit about 1 1/2 " over to left drivers side, however inside wheel well is setting flush with frame on both sides, I thought maybe body had been off at sometime , but camper appears to be original with excellent solid floor and very nice body with almost no hairlines. Left wheel well is 2 1/2" wider than right wheel well, as if it was made, or mistakenly made that way, Just wondering if anyone out there has run into the same situation on their Burro? I think the best way to correct weight distribution on the new axle is to order axle 1 1/2" wider and fabricate different frame mounting on left side. anyone have any input on this please let me know, thanks, Jerry
oldstation is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle