Boler drop axle with electric brakes - price? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2016, 01:52 PM   #1

Name: Dan
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Boler drop axle with electric brakes - price?

I own a 79 Boler 17', and recently swapped the drop axle for a straight one to get a little more clearance.

What is a fair price to ask for a drop axle with 2 good wheels and tires? I live in Southern BC.

Everything works, comes with extra bearings - although the brakes stick a bit sometimes.
(I was told it just needs servicing.)
kroeker68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 02:52 PM   #2

Name: Lise
Trailer: Boler
Washington
Registry
I just bought a 17' Boler and may be in need of a new axle. Can you post photos. I have no idea of a fair price, since I am a total newbie.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:27 PM   #3

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroeker68 View Post
I own a 79 Boler 17', and recently swapped the drop axle for a straight one to get a little more clearance.

What is a fair price to ask for a drop axle with 2 good wheels and tires? I live in Southern BC.

Everything works, comes with extra bearings - although the brakes stick a bit sometimes.
(I was told it just needs servicing.)

IMHO...
If you are talking about a 37 year old torsion axle then very likely it has no value. If the tires are more than 2-3 years old I personally would not be interested in them but someone might give you a little. If they are more than 4-5 years old I would not take them for free. The wheels might be worth a little but I doubt more than about $45 US for the pair.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle, boler, brakes