brake problem - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2002, 09:31 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
brake problem

OK, I have a problem that I have not found to be posted on this site. I have a problem with the brakes on my trailer - I have none. When I connect to the trailer the little green light on the brake controller is supposed to light up but does not. The troubleshooting chart says that this would indicate the ground is not complete. The manual says that if the light is not on then I have corrosion at the plug. I have cleaned both ends of the plug with no success. I have traced the wires and all are connected and tight. The bottom line is - I have no brakes. Can anyone help me out?

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 10:22 AM   #2

Brakes

If you have a dexter axle and brakes go to their site and download the service pdf .It will tell you more than you ever wanted to know about brakes. There is a brake troubleshooting pdf but it is just a chart that is included in th service pdf

If that doesn't help post again with more info. If the controller is fused check that first.:)

Old 10-20-2002, 04:34 PM   #3

ground

Very likely, your ground is not good. Try taking a set of jumper cables and connecting them between the trailer frame and truck frame (if they were long enuf, from trailer batt (-) to truck batt (-) would be even better) at unpainted places and see if the green light will light (with the key on, I presume).

Pete and Rats