Comments on Timbren rear suspension upgrade? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2016, 05:34 AM   #1

Name: Daryl and Wendy
Trailer: 1973 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Registry
Comments on Timbren rear suspension upgrade?

I was window shopping on the web and noticed a rear suspension upgrade offered by Timbren. Anyone have experience with this type of installation?

I'm just wanting to minimize rear sag due to the (small) tongue weight. Tug is an Envoy w/o load levelling. Rear sway bar and shocks are all good.

Timbren SES rear axle suspension GMRETB
"This SES Suspension Upgrade replaces the jounce stop on the frame. Its unique design ensures superb ride quality – loaded or unloaded. (There should be a ½” to 1 ½” gap between rubber spring and frame to ensure unloaded ride quality.) Unlike other auxiliary spring systems, the SES Suspension Upgrade guarantees the best of both worlds."
Old 02-22-2016, 06:57 AM   #2

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
check to see if Air lift makes a kit for your springs, I have an envoy with load levelling, didn't need extra, my previous tug, a 95 lumina APV need more, and Air lift fit the Bill perfectly, easy install

Joe
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:24 AM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I just put a pair of Timbren DR1500DQ on my 1500 Ram last week. Pretty much the same thing as what you are looking at. The 1.5" clearance allows you to use your car springs for a normal unloaded ride. Once you vehicle is loaded the Timberin's take up the load. It also dapens roll once the vehicle begins to roll. The Timberin's take up the load to dampen the roll. It is not a lift kit it is more like helper spring that comes into play only when the vehicle is loaded. On mine you just pop out the little axle bumpers and insert the timberns into the bumper socket. IMO They are a great concept but a bit over priced for what they are, but most things are overpriced these days . I shopped around and beat the MSRP quite a bit. It took about 15 min. to install them.
Hope this helps.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:43 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
I bought a set for my 2006 Trailblazer but never installed them before I traded it in on a Silverado.
You can have them if you want and we can figure out how to get them to you.
I'm on the road right now - will be home late Wednesday and can PM with you to make sure they're the correct part for your Envoy.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:57 AM   #5

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
Perhaps something like this?
2004 GMC Envoy Rear Air Spring & Shock Absorber Kit at 1A Auto.com
or
[url]https://www.airliftcompany.com/vehicles/gmc/envoy/2009/[/url
The air suspension addition will let you level where with the rubber inserts you have to be low for the added effect to come into play.
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote