Does Anyone Have Experience With A Nissan Armada? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #1

Name: Robert
Trailer: Airstream 23D International Serenity
Texas
Does Anyone Have Experience With A Nissan Armada?

Good day, and a very happy - and prosperous - new year to all.

As the thread title says, I'm looking for anyone with real-world experience with a Nissan Armada. Our family doctor and her husband (alsp personal friends for well over twenty-five years) have offered to sell us their 2007 Nissan Armada well below market price. I took it for a brief drive and it seems to be a beast! Good size V8 with towing capacity of over 9,000 pounds, expected gasoline mileage marginally better than our trusty old Toyota Land Cruiser. As is typical with their vehicles, it has everything; and, also, as typical with their vehicles, it has been maintained perfectly. It now has some 70,000 miles and has just had the 70,000-mile service by our local Nissan dealer.

So, any words of wisdom? Caution? Whatever?

This is going to be a real quandry... I just can't seem to think that I would feel right if the member-of-the-family Land Cruiser were gone!

All the best,

Rob
Rob and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #2

Trailer: Toyota Sunrader and 16 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to Perry J Send a message via Yahoo to Perry J
If I couldn't have a Toyota Nissan would be my next choice.
Keep your trusty old Land Cruiser arround.
My first Toyota was a 1976 PU. It sat in my backyard for years.
My youngest grandson is driving it now.
John
Perry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #3

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry J View Post
If I couldn't have a Toyota Nissan would be my next choice.
Keep your trusty old Land Cruiser arround.
My first Toyota was a 1976 PU. It sat in my backyard for years.
My youngest grandson is driving it now.
John
Yep, John, it would be hard, really hard, to part with this thing... especially after putting in the TRD supercharger!
Attached Thumbnails
Cadillac Ranch Campground, Bluff, UT - 600.jpg  
Old 01-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Maybe buy the Armada and, after a couple of months, keep the one you like best and sell the other. If selling the Toyota, you must really like the Nissan so you shiouldn't miss the Toy too much. If selling the Armada, you're flipping it for a quick profit, and you can always tell your friends the truth: after trying it out you just didn't like it as well as the old Toyota and you didn't feel like you could keep both!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Rob
Go to Club Armada. On these auto forums it looks like people either love or hate the vehicles but a lot of good information can be found on the forums. You also might want to check out the Titan forum.
Eddie
Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #6

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Rob

I don't even think I can discuss this topic with you,really an Armada!?!?

I have looked at these and the Titan on and off since they came out and as you know I have an FJ80 too and a Tundra.

I know the Titan Forums are pretty active and have been enough to keep me in a Toy but it can be tempting for sure.

Aside from the fact that this Armada is related to you I would look at Sequoia just for reference as well.

Also one of my best clients owns both Nissan and Toyota Stores and I will ask him in the morning what he thinks and let you know.

Good Luck
This should be interesting?

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #7

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Nissan vehicle

A few weeks ago someone posted a message about a Nissan RV with a pop-up roof. I can't find it in any of our FBRV messages. Could some kind soul point out where this message is located. Thanks. Marg
Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #8
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marg View Post
A few weeks ago someone posted a message about a Nissan RV with a pop-up roof. I can't find it in any of our FBRV messages. Could some kind soul point out where this message is located. Thanks. Marg
This one maybe?

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ass-49433.html
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:36 AM   #9

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Rob and Linda... If you know the vehicles past and it's below market $$$s BUY it you just might like it!!! We love our Frontier...it's a very capable tug!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
Hind Quarters.jpg   out at last.jpg  

Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #10

Texas
OK, I'm keeping the Land Cruiser !

Thanks to all who replied for the input!

I have decided to pass on the Nissan Armada and hang on to the Land Cruiser for a while longer... probably quite a while longer.

Right or wrong, here is my rationale...

Our Toyota Land Cruiser is sixteen years old and has some 155,000 miles on the clock. In 'Cruiser world this is about a adolescent truck. Up through 1997, Land Cruisers were made by ARACO, an operating unity of Toyota that was dedicated solely to the production of military vehicles, busses, and Land Cruisers (starting in '98, Toyota gave in to the upscale soccor-mom demand and turned the legendary Land Cruiser into more of a "mall cruiser.). There must be a billion photos and videos of this series Land Cruisers in virtually every "expedition" or "military" environment... there's a reason for that!

So, the up-to-'97 Land Cruisers have a decided military heritage and all the ruggedness that goes along with it. Ours still drives like it is made from a single piece of metal; not a single solitary rattle... no problems of any kind. Everything has been serviced as it should and it has has Mobil-1 synthetic oil from day one. Before we picked up the Casita, we replaced brake calipers, rotors, pads, and brake lines; radiator and water pump, all hoses, shocks, and installed the TRD supercharger... the thing is a beast. We used genuine OEM parts.

The only thing that needs attention are the two front seats... the leather is looking a bit "tatty." So, for $500 we can install brand new leather and add seat heaters.

And, the final thing that nailed down my decision was remembering so many times when a car - or truck - pulled alongside us in the 'Cruiser, and the driver honked, smiled, and gave us a big "thumbs up." I know it's a dumb reason, but it is a reason!

I hope history doesn't make me regret this decision, but right now, I have no reservations about hooking up and pulling the Casita to the beautiful Pacific shore and back.

So, that's my story... anybody want a lead on a really, really nice Nissan Armada?
Old 01-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #11

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob and Linda View Post
Thanks to all who replied for the input!

I have decided to pass on the Nissan Armada and hang on to the Land Cruiser for a while longer... probably quite a while longer.

Right or wrong, here is my rationale...

Our Toyota Land Cruiser is sixteen years old and has some 155,000 miles on the clock. In 'Cruiser world this is about a adolescent truck. Up through 1997, Land Cruisers were made by ARACO, an operating unity of Toyota that was dedicated solely to the production of military vehicles, busses, and Land Cruisers (starting in '98, Toyota gave in to the upscale soccor-mom demand and turned the legendary Land Cruiser into more of a "mall cruiser.). There must be a billion photos and videos of this series Land Cruisers in virtually every "expedition" or "military" environment... there's a reason for that!

So, the up-to-'97 Land Cruisers have a decided military heritage and all the ruggedness that goes along with it. Ours still drives like it is made from a single piece of metal; not a single solitary rattle... no problems of any kind. Everything has been serviced as it should and it has has Mobil-1 synthetic oil from day one. Before we picked up the Casita, we replaced brake calipers, rotors, pads, and brake lines; radiator and water pump, all hoses, shocks, and installed the TRD supercharger... the thing is a beast. We used genuine OEM parts.

The only thing that needs attention are the two front seats... the leather is looking a bit "tatty." So, for $500 we can install brand new leather and add seat heaters.

And, the final thing that nailed down my decision was remembering so many times when a car - or truck - pulled alongside us in the 'Cruiser, and the driver honked, smiled, and gave us a big "thumbs up." I know it's a dumb reason, but it is a reason!

I hope history doesn't make me regret this decision, but right now, I have no reservations about hooking up and pulling the Casita to the beautiful Pacific shore and back.

So, that's my story... anybody want a lead on a really, really nice Nissan Armada?
I know how you feel, I have an eleven year old Ford Ranger with 145000 on the clock. They just quit making new ones, so I was faced with the same dilemma... Should I buy a new one while I still can, several years early, or keep The perfect Ranger until it is long past replaceable. We decided to keep it at least another eleven years, since it is in perfect shape and I have yet to turn a wrench except regular maintenance.
I only wish I had taken better care of it, I did replace the seat though...
Now I may have to actually wax it!
No more Rangers, no more new trucks for me.
Here it is this past July(as you can tell)....
Attached Thumbnails
july4t1.JPG  
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote