Ford Explorer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2020, 08:29 AM   #1

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Ford Explorer

How does this stack up for my Escape 19?
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:32 AM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
How does this stack up for my Escape 19?
There are several trim levels and two different engine options for the 2020 Explorer.
Affordable Explorers come with the 2.3L EcoBoost engine and 10SPD automatic. Tow rating is 5300 pounds (properly equipped).

I tow with a 2019 Ranger with the same engine/transmission combination and 7500 pound tow rating. Mine has proven to be a very competent Tow vehicle and much stronger than expected while delivering great fuel mileage.

I think it would be a nice match for your trailer and a great vehicle to drive when not towing as well, but only you can say how you load your trailer or what your driving habits are

The new Explorer is Rear Drive based (AWD optional) which makes it even more capable than its predecessors.

Escape Trailer says...

There are many key features about the Escape which make it lightweight and aerodynamic, keeping travel costs to a minimum. With a dry weight of only 3150lbs, the Escape 19 has been designed specifically for mid-sized vehicles such as SUVs and mid-sized trucks with a V6 engine or a minimum towing capacity of 5000lbs. The aerodynamic design of the Escape 19 includes a low center of gravity for better road stability and low wind resistance or drag when in tow. This combined with the rubber torsion suspension axle not only reduces vibration while traveling but also provides independent suspension and is maintenance free. All of our 15” Radial Tires (including the full size spare) are balanced before you pick up your trailer.
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote