gas milleage - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #21

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
I think that a basic "Rule of Thumb" is that higher MPG vehicles will see a greater percentage reduction in economy when towing. Our 2009 Honda CRV is right at the edge for power and economy. We averaged 28 mpg driving 400 miles to pick up a Compact-II. When towing on the same road on the way home, we got less than 20 MPG

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #22

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Seriously Dave Trip to NOG hilly???that coming from a BC boy sounds strange not many hills unless your planning on going via the cascades....

Well- I'm not planning on JUST going to the NOG and straight back - Haven't "done" the Ory-gun coast for a few years, been about 20 years since we were last at Ory-Gun caves, want to see the air museum at Tillamook, want to revisit the dune buggies a bit further south, etc, so we'll likely take about 2 weeks to see a few things, and give "Max" a bit of a ("hmm - what does THIS button do?") workout. So far Max's only towing duties have been local and flat (out to Chilliwack & back twice, - once with a 16 foot cargo trailer, and once with Quatchi), besides one trip to Kelowna and back with a flat-deck (empty both ways- my buddy opted NOT to buy the car when we got there and saw it!) plus one short trip down to the border to deliver the race Camaro to its new (American) owner who met us at the truck X-ing.

Now to find caring new adoptive homes for "Babe the Blue Ox", the Boler 1700 and the 4Runner to get some room in the driveway so I don't have to keep parking Max and Quatchi in the street!
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote