hitch reciever length - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2020, 06:42 AM   #21

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
hitch reciever length

That’s true. If a thief wants mine he will have to have a wrench to remove the anti-rattle device as well as the pipe to break off the locking pin.

No security will deter the determined thief that has targeted your property. But most petty thefts (like a ball mount) are impulse crimes of opportunity.

I suppose a simple nut and bolt rather than a pin and clip to secure the drawbar would accomplish that much.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:47 AM   #22

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
A nice grade 8 bolt and an elastic stop nut along with a nice light duty tapping hammer to mushroom the threads on the end ant you have done about the best you can do.
Light duty tapping hammer = 4 lb short sledge hammer for the uninitiated.
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:45 PM   #23

Name: Duane
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
New Brunswick
Hello I would offer this suggestion. Load your trailer and Tow Vehicle with all items needed for a trip and see where the entire setup is. How level is it ? What clearance is under the ball/hitch area? This should give you a very good indication /direction to go in. 2. To secure the safety chains I would buy a couple of detachable type chain links to extend the hitch loops enough to hook the chains. These links have a threaded hexagon sleeve which will open so you can slip them on and then tighten the sleeve to secure in place. Most hardware stores will have them . Buy one the same size as the safety chain links.
getaway1 is offline   Reply With Quote