Hunter Compact Jr - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2021, 01:20 PM   #1

Name: Jnette
Trailer: Hunter Compact Jr.
CA
Hunter Compact Jr

Hi, I'm a happy new 1972 compact jr owner!

I'm looking at the old wiring coming from the trailer for running lights, brakes, blinkers. The wire colors don't match my new 4 flat plug brown, green, yellow, white. Does anyone know the match ups from these old wire colors (brown, red, blue, black) to the new plug-in?

I will probably redo the wiring entirely, but just thought I'd ask the community incase someone has matched the old wiring to new and I can get a temporary fix to run the brake lights/blinkers to move the trailer.

Thank you!
JFSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:33 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Most older trailers use the Bargman wiring color code, which you have. It is still common with 7 pin pigtails. The green, yellow, brown and white color code is used on utility and cargo trailers. (In spite of what E trailer says.)
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 03:31 PM   #3

Name: Mark
Trailer: Lusting after one
New York
God, I am jealous. Did you get that green one for $7500 out of Seattle? Cannot find them out east.
Mark Amft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 01:39 PM   #4

CA
Hello Mark,

Sorry for the delayed response, I had to take a break from restoration. No, mine is not the green one. I think I saw a Hunter Compact Jr. for sale in Michigan right now. Good luck!
Old 02-15-2022, 05:10 PM   #5

CA
Need Pattern to Have Pop-top Replaced

Hello,

Does anyone have an old canvas pop top from a 1972 Hunter Compact Jr. that I might borrow. I'll pay your postage and mail it back when I'm done. My Jr. has a thick screen, but no canvas. I'd like to have a canvas with cut-out windows made, but the place I found to sew a new one needs a pattern.

Thank you!
Old 04-07-2023, 10:50 PM   #6

Name: Genny
CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFSF View Post
Hello,

I'd like to have a canvas with cut-out windows made, but the place I found to sew a new one needs a pattern.

Thank you!
Who/where did you find someone to do your canvas? Did you have it done and if so, are you satisfied with the result? I'll eventually need mine done--complete resto from shell only, no innards, windows, door, canvas etc.
Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 08:35 PM   #7

Name: Lance
Trailer: Currently shopping
OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genny View Post
Who/where did you find someone to do your canvas? Did you have it done and if so, are you satisfied with the result? I'll eventually need mine done--complete resto from shell only, no innards, windows, door, canvas etc.

On a different thread I found someone post info for Elaine’s originals and she has done several compact Jr canvas from what it looks like. Search on Facebook to find her! I’m waiting to hear back on what she charges for them.
Lance G74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 08:51 PM   #8

Name: Genny
CA
re canvas for compact jr.

Lance G74--Thanks, keep me posted when you find out.
Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 04:26 PM   #9

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
The marine canvas work people can make it too. They create things sch as dodgers and tent like rooms for the rear of boats as well a boat covers, etc.

People who make rag tops for convertibles and auto upholstery or even furniture upholstery can also sew popup canvas. It takes a strong sewing machine to sew through this heavier fabric.

My vintage Bernina Record 830 can handle it as that machine when set up with a bigger motor was sold for commercial work on heavier materials. I do not have the big motor but it still manages to sew through the lighter weight Sunbrella urethane coated fabric and put in the zippers and screen for the window openings.

In a town of medium to large size or in cities you will find a person who can do this work. On a scale of 1 to 10 for difficulty it is about a 3.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 04:27 PM   #10

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
The marine canvas work people can make it too. They create things sch as dodgers and tent like rooms for the rear of boats as well a boat covers, etc.

People who make rag tops for convertibles and auto upholstery or even furniture upholstery can also sew popup canvas. It takes a strong sewing machine to sew through this heavier fabric.

My vintage Bernina Record 830 can handle it as that machine when set up with a bigger motor was sold for commercial work on heavier materials. I do not have the big motor but it still manages to sew through the lighter weight Sunbrella urethane coated fabric and put in the zippers and screen for the window openings.

In a town of medium to large size or in cities you will find a person who can do this work. On a scale of 1 to 10 for difficulty it is about a 3. That mostly has to do with putting in the zippers for the openings and its bulkier size.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 08:10 PM   #11

Name: AJ
Trailer: Hunter
Nevada
I just had Elaine’s Originals create my boot for a Hunter I and she charged $700 which did not include shipping (I live in Vegas so it was relatively close to pick it up). She does great work! Her lead time was about 2 weeks but we used a color canvas she had in stock.

If anyone is seeking an old boot for a 1972 Hunter I, let me know as I have our old original (which is intact but in pretty rough shape). First come, first serve.
AJ1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 10:52 AM   #12

Name: Amy
Trailer: Hunter Compact Jr
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1980 View Post
I just had Elaine’s Originals create my boot for a Hunter I and she charged $700 which did not include shipping (I live in Vegas so it was relatively close to pick it up). She does great work! Her lead time was about 2 weeks but we used a color canvas she had in stock.

If anyone is seeking an old boot for a 1972 Hunter I, let me know as I have our old original (which is intact but in pretty rough shape). First come, first serve.
Is that the same size as the Compact Jr? I am in desperate need of a template for my 72 CJ.
AmyHillburn is offline   Reply With Quote