leveling a travel trailer - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2018, 01:29 PM   #21

Trailer: Casita 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Watts View Post
HELP ! I am looking for a solution,

I have a bad back, the Doctor has told me not to lift anything that weights more than 10 lbs.

I am looking for a way to leveling my Casita 17. without any lifting. I know the bigger rigs have electric leveling devices.

Does anyone know of a leveling system for a travel trailer.? I have an electric jack attached to the front of the trailer now.
I had the rear bumper of my Casita reinforced and then had two trailer jacks welded onto the bumper. It is very easy to level the trailer with no bending or lifting. The jacks fold along the rear bumper while traveling. When I want to level the trailer it is just a matter of swinging the two jacks into the vertical position and turning the crank until the trailer is level. The rear jacks level the right/left and then I use the hitch jack to level front/back.

I often travel on rough forest service roads and so to increase the Casita's ground clearance I had a high axle installed. Even so, the jacks I used have enough height adjustment that I can lift the trailer tires off the ground. That makes it easy when I need to change the tires.

I don't remember exactly how much I paid but the jacks were about $30 each and the rest of the cost was for reinforcing the bumper and welding them in place. As best as I remember the total was about $100. Of course, if you used electric jacks it would be more. At 75, I'm not a spring chicken, and my back is not in the best shape, but this solution has served me well.
Yvimij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:40 PM   #22

Name: Greg
Trailer: Looking for an RV
Alberta
Oh good point! Yes good thing there are light options like that.
Gringoglass is offline   Reply With Quote