Lighting Issues - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2022, 08:21 PM   #1

Name: Edward
Trailer: Scamp
Maine
Lighting Issues

Just got a new to me Scamp and am having an issue with the turn signal/brake/tail lights on the camper. I have a few questions.

There is a four pin flat connector coming out of a 2009 Toyota Sienna. That runs into a four pin flat to seven blade adapter, which runs into a seven blade connector on a 2005 Scamp.

The issue is - whenever I uses either turn signal, all of the exterior lights blink. When I step on the brakes, all of the exterior lights come on.

Currently the ground wire on the adapter is not connected to anything. I have tried connecting it to the frame of the Scamp and to the frame of the Sienna, but I am still seeing all the lights coming on. I am not sure that I need this ground wire - do I need this ground wire? Also I am not sure here it should connect to - if I do need it, where would I connect it?

Anybody have any thoughts about what might be causing all of the exterior lights to turn on?

The adapter I'm using - https://hopkinstowingsolutions.com/?.../7-blade/47205

Thanks!
Edward James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 11:23 AM   #2

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Could be an issue with the scamp wiring, or with the adapter. you definitely should hook up the ground wire and the other three leads if you want the brakes to function and the battery to charge, does your toyota have orange signals?? if so you may need an adapter to separate out the signals and Brake lights, check etrailer for the correct vehicle specific adaptor harness for the vehicle instead of a universal adapter
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lighting