Living in one? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2020, 01:42 PM   #21

Name: Jodi
Trailer: Casita Freedom Deluxe
Texas
Full timer

I’ve been a full timer for several years now doing park host jobs mostly on west coast. I’ll prob never go back to brick and stick. Nomadic I pretty sure. Minimalist was a process as I tend to collect stuff. Always downsizing. I’ve lived in both 17’ Casita and 13’ Scamp. Currently back in a Scamp. Depends if I’m moving about or stable at a site. Love love love the lifestyle of freedom. It’s not for everyone and most wouldn’t have it. It takes ingenuity when you’re moving about stealthily. You can actually live on interstate for long periods at truck stops etc and a campground occasionally to recharge rig and relax. Ideally find a volunteer site with free hookup. I’ve been at sites for months on end in really cool places. I’ll be selling my 2018 13’ Scamp with shower soon to go to Peace Corps.
jodimckenna56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:07 PM   #22

Name: Abram
Trailer: currently shopping
Burlingame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodimckenna56 View Post
I’ve been a full timer for several years now doing park host jobs mostly on west coast. I’ll prob never go back to brick and stick. Nomadic I pretty sure. Minimalist was a process as I tend to collect stuff. Always downsizing. I’ve lived in both 17’ Casita and 13’ Scamp. Currently back in a Scamp. Depends if I’m moving about or stable at a site. Love love love the lifestyle of freedom. It’s not for everyone and most wouldn’t have it. It takes ingenuity when you’re moving about stealthily. You can actually live on interstate for long periods at truck stops etc and a campground occasionally to recharge rig and relax. Ideally find a volunteer site with free hookup. I’ve been at sites for months on end in really cool places. I’ll be selling my 2018 13’ Scamp with shower soon to go to Peace Corps.
Hi Jodi

Thank you for your input on living in a fiberglass cutie. That is very reassuring as I am finding the research a little tricky. I'd like to be somewhat close to a city like LA or San Diego or Santa Barbara. I suppose when I get one, I'll just go for it and hope for the best!

I'd be interested in talking with you about buying yours (if and when you're ready to sell). I'm in the Bay Area (Burlingame). Hope this isn't too forward, but they are hard to find these days. Will probably need to finance a new one, if nothing else.

email: abe.robbins@gmail.com

Thanks,
Abram
abewitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:37 PM   #23

Name: Philip
Trailer: Keystone Cougar
Colorado
Something nobody has brought up is
can you stand up in the shower? Can
you sit on the toilet and close the door?

When I got divorced in 2005 I bought a
2004 Terry TT 27 foot in length.

For one person it was fine and I was still
Commuting for work so I had it parked
In a small RV park for $500 a month.
Philip.Saran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vin