Looks like it's gonna be a Citadel - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2016, 07:31 AM   #1

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Looks like it's gonna be a Citadel

One of the huge Dodge's with indifferent mpg, but it has a V8, will be able to handle off roads if we want to boondock, and will have space for hauling gear inside the tug, not the trailer.
Haven't driven a car this huge since 1973. Wish us luck.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:27 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
We are looking at a new SUV to pull our trailer. Looking at Dodge Durango (Citadel), Grand Cherokee, or something else mid sized.
Jim Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 11:00 AM   #3

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Our Neighbour picked up a 2014 Dodge 4dr PU,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Thor View Post
We are looking at a new SUV to pull our trailer. Looking at Dodge Durango (Citadel), Grand Cherokee, or something else mid sized.
: tows a 22' older Argosy with it and says when towing he gets 30 or more MPG but when not towing gets 40 mpg with his V6 Diesel, He says he is beyond belief that it does that well. He is a real car guy and a collector of old vehicles.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 12:53 PM   #4

Name: Bob
Trailer: Scamp
South Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
: tows a 22' older Argosy with it and says when towing he gets 30 or more MPG but when not towing gets 40 mpg with his V6 Diesel, He says he is beyond belief that it does that well. He is a real car guy and a collector of old vehicles.
Stude
He's pulling your leg.
Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 02:17 PM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Canadian mpg, adjust for larger gallons. But still, really good.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:15 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
We don't buy gas by the gallon ( Imperial or US ). We buy it by the litre.
Old 09-24-2016, 03:39 PM   #7

British Columbia
Yep your right but I'm not u.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
We don't buy gas by the gallon ( Imperial or US ). We buy it by the litre.
:I'm a old fashioned Canuck I still measure in inches, feet, yards, plus liquids in Gallons, so if you have a problem with it then take it up with whoever u need to. He travels in the USA and he does not pull legs other than his better Half and they both tell the truth. Neither will pull your leg, they had a lot of Visitors at their trailer in Lynden, to bad u did not get to meet them. Since we went to Metric I have built homes, log homes, cabins, docks, all in Imperial Measure.
Stude
Old 09-24-2016, 03:42 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Tell me where in Canada you buy gas, wine or milk in Imperial gallons?
Old 09-25-2016, 03:33 AM   #9

Name: Jane
Trailer: Bigfoot
Tennessee
Hope you have better luck with your Durango than I've had. I bought a 2016 Durango R/T earlier this year. I've had problems with the Durango's brakes engaging while towing. The third time I was on the interstate and it caused my trailer to fishtail and turn the Durango around facing oncoming traffic. The trailer and Durango were damaged and it could have been much worse. It's been a nightmare dealing with Chrysler and it's not over. Had my trailer for six months now and haven't spent a single night in it.
Jane H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:03 AM   #10

Name: Randy
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Minnesota
Boy I'm sorry to hear that Jane, it must be very frustrating. Do you have a factory brake controller or did you add one?

We have a 2011 Durango Crew V6 with factory tow package and it's been an outstanding vehicle for towing our 17' Casita SD. I installed the Prodigy P3 brake controller and the combination has been very reliable with good mileage to boot.

Hope you get things straightened out.
Randy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:13 AM   #11

Name: Jane
Trailer: Bigfoot
Tennessee
I have the Prodigy P3. It's been checked and rechecked. Durango's don't have the option for a factory installed brake controller.

I hope things get worked out soon. The stress is killing me.
Jane H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 01:21 AM   #12

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Jane I'm glad you survived.

Stude-I believe you because the van we bought-a 1985 fullsized Chevy Aero diesel -got 25 mpg. Parts were hard to find 4 years ago and impossible now

I checked Car Complaints on the Web and this particular years model is prone to problems with the master chip module. Planning on asking a Dodge dealership for the service records today and voiding the sale if it's got ongoing electric problems.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:29 AM   #13

British Columbia
Jane it is time to talk to a Lawyer about your Chrysler problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane H. View Post
Hope you have better luck with your Durango than I've had. I bought a 2016 Durango R/T earlier this year. I've had problems with the Durango's brakes engaging while towing. The third time I was on the interstate and it caused my trailer to fishtail and turn the Durango around facing oncoming traffic. The trailer and Durango were damaged and it could have been much worse. It's been a nightmare dealing with Chrysler and it's not over. Had my trailer for six months now and haven't spent a single night in it.
:I had to do this with a Mazda PU I bought years ago and the lawyer wrote a letter to Mazda saying if they did not fix my truck and replace the engine with a brand new one they would pull their Dealership Franchise.
I got everything we were asking for.
Stude