mirror extensions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2019, 08:15 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13
Illinois
mirror extensions

Does anyone have a recommendation for some mirror extensions for the side view mirrors on my jeep wrangler? Makes me a little nervous I can't see around my scamp when towing. Thanks,
J. Brown
JPBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 09:41 PM   #2
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
I have tried quite a few and finally landed on the Milenco Areo3 towing mirrors for my Cherokee.
Stable attachment and once setup they retain alignment so you needn’t fiddle with them much each time you attach.
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 10:06 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Ditto.
Milenco Grand Aero. Regs call for an undistorted view, so I have flat. I like that I can adjust the OEM mirrors independent of the tow mirrors.
Attached Thumbnails
Milenco .jpg  
Old 12-31-2019, 03:47 PM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13
Illinois
Thanks, Sid and Glen
I will check them out
Happy Trails!
JPBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:07 PM   #5

Name: Denise
Trailer: Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Tow mirrors

I have the same mirrors and they’re awesome! They were pricey, but worth it. They keep in alignment from trip to trip so minimal fiddling once you get them adjusted the first time. Especially convenient if you often (or even sometimes) don’t have an extra body around to help adjust every time you want to hit the road!
Old 01-04-2020, 02:15 PM   #6

Name: Don
Trailer: Currently shopping
Washington
Whatever you buy I strongly suggest you secure the extensions to the vehicle in some additional way other than just the regular straps. I had one come off at speed once. Now I use zip ties as backup.
Choosethisday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 03:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choosethisday View Post
Whatever you buy I strongly suggest you secure the extensions to the vehicle in some additional way other than just the regular straps. I had one come off at speed once. Now I use zip ties as backup.

Never came close to that problem with Milenco Grand Aero mirrors. I do check the screw knobs from time to time, but usually they won't get any tighter.

Those mirrors that attach with suction, definitely need backup straps.
Old 01-04-2020, 04:38 PM   #8

Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
We bought some really expensive ones for our tundra years ago but couldn't get then to fit so sent them back. We got a new truck when we got our bigfoot and inherited one extension that was purchased at a truck stop between Utah and Alaska. It goes on EASILY with two straps and works great. Of course YMMV. Good luck!
Steve and Rosemary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 07:56 PM   #9

Name: corvetteguy
Trailer: Casita
Virginia
Do these really help

I have a silverado with big mirrors and can clearly see oncoming traffic with no blind spots. I cant see behind me. Would these help?
garyhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhall View Post
I have a silverado with big mirrors and can clearly see oncoming traffic with no blind spots. I cant see behind me. Would these help?

Not sure what you are saying.
If you mean Milenco Aero when you say "these", then no, they won't cover the space immediately behind the trailer. You can monitor that area by checking mirrors in curves, looking for vehicle shadows on the pavement behind you or moving to the edge of your lane.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:19 PM   #11

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhall View Post
Not all "big" mirrors are towing mirrors. I have towing mirrors on my F150, no problem seeing behind the trailer. They manually extend. Now anyone is going to have a blind spot, so if you want to see immediately behind the trailer, a camera works better.

I see you can buy towing mirrors for a Silverado that look just like my Ford mirrors. So if that is what you have, you might find a Chevy truck forum discussing best tow mirror. I find manual extension is fine. I pull them out when I am towing, and push them in when I am not towing.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote