Need to get Puck from No.Cal to Virginia - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2010, 08:45 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Need to get Puck from No.Cal to Virginia

Hi Everyone,

After my long and arduous deal, the Eriba Puck will be mine. Now I just have to get it from No. Calif. to Virginia.

If anyone is coming back east and could tow a Puck, please let me know. It's about 1,000 lbs, 13' long, and 6'6" High. It's ready to roll, has a 2 burner cooktop, cold box, but no potty.

I would pay for the gas to come cross country, as long as you're not driving a Hummer and the Puck can be slept in to save expense.

I need to remove it from the seller by Sept 15, but it could be taken sooner if needed.

You can PM me or email zanne4848@gmail.com

Thanks

[/URL][/IMG]
Maddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:56 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Just a thought, there are people who haul cars around the country on trailers.

Bill K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
Hi Everyone,

After my long and arduous deal, the Eriba Puck will be mine. Now I just have to get it from No. Calif. to Virginia.

If anyone is coming back east and could tow a Puck, please let me know. It's about 1,000 lbs, 13' long, and 6'6" High. It's ready to roll, has a 2 burner cooktop, cold box, but no potty.

I would pay for the gas to come cross country, as long as you're not driving a Hummer and the Puck can be slept in to save expense.

I need to remove it from the seller by Sept 15, but it could be taken sooner if needed.

You can PM me or email zanne4848@gmail.com

Thanks

[/URL][/IMG]
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:19 AM   #3

Trailer: Compact Jr
Hi Maddy, gblad to see you found something that will work for your needs. you might want to check out Hot Shots. they are a trucking company that move things like your trailer and other small items cross country on smaller trucks. not sure on the price but they typiclay haul things for more than 1 person at a tikme to keep cost down
Heath G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:41 AM   #4

Moving the Puck

Hi Heath and Bill,

I realize there are companies that do transporting and I have been looking into them, but they do charge an arm and a leg. If it comes down to the wire, I'll have to do that, but I would rather find a situation that works for someone else and me at the same time. If someone is coming back East from the West Coast, this might be beneficial for them too. With all the cars and trailers that are sold back and forth, there should be a way to arrange something.

Hot Shots is one company I had not heard of. I'll contact them to find out prices.

Thanks for the info.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #5

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Exclamation Another Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
I realize there are companies that do transporting and I have been looking into them, but they do charge an arm and a leg.
Autodriveaway Vehicle Transportation Offices

You might check into an "Auto Drive-Away" broker. I used one to get a car to drive from San Diego to the east coast back in the 1980's, and was surprised to see the concept is still around.

I got the use of someone else's car for a one way trip in order to make multiple stops along the way (nearly impossible to do when flying) and the car's owner got it delivered to the New Jersey shore from San Diego.

It was a win-win for both of us and I met really nice people to boot.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick L. Simson View Post
Autodriveaway Vehicle Transportation Offices

You might check into an "Auto Drive-Away" broker. I used one to get a car to drive from San Diego to the east coast back in the 1980's, and was surprised to see the concept is still around.

I got the use of someone else's car for a one way trip in order to make multiple stops along the way (nearly impossible to do when flying) and the car's owner got it delivered to the New Jersey shore from San Diego.

It was a win-win for both of us and I met really nice people to boot.

Hi Frederick,

I did call them a few months back, but they won't consider anything without an engine.
They told me that a lot of their business is taken up by people visiting the States, who want to travel around the country and then to get back to NYC etc to get their flights back home. Since it's another person's car, towing is not something they want to insure for.
Also, most of the car transports won't take the Puck because it can't move under it's own power - a problem for them in loading it. I talked to a boat transporter - no engines there - and that is probably the way to go - but GEEZ the prices!
I'll figure it out somehow.

Thanks
Old 08-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
How about a nice, long vacaton?

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
How about a nice, long vacaton?
Hey Roger,

A nice long vacation would be terrific , except the whole reason for getting a Puck was so I wouldn't have to use motels, could stop and sleep when I needed it, and expenses would be less. If I traveled out to Calif, I would be doing exactly what I dislike about traveling. And then I have to board my cats - more expense - and I hate to think of them cooped up for several weeks. They're used to being able to go outside at will. Putting them in a cage would be cruel. They are going to be obnoxious being cooped up in the Puck when I move, although I do intend to get a pop-up screen room so I can put them in it when we stop and they'll think they're outside.

So, even though a long vacation sounds really tempting, it would have to be with the Puck.

If I have to ship it, I will. Just hoping someone is coming this way in the next 1 1/2 months.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:06 PM   #9

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
WWW.USHIP.COM

You can list your trailer address and the address you want to have it delivered to and companys will bid on the job. You should get more than a few quotes. It will be easier than traditional trailers, due to being able to be loaded on a wedge trailer and hauled with other vehicles. I had a 2008 Casita hauled from Houston Texas to Alexandria Kentucky for $550.00 total. It was hauled on top of a 4 car wedge.

Mark
Mark Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #10

Uship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Shaffer View Post
WWW.USHIP.COM

You can list your trailer address and the address you want to have it delivered to and companys will bid on the job. You should get more than a few quotes. It will be easier than traditional trailers, due to being able to be loaded on a wedge trailer and hauled with other vehicles. I had a 2008 Casita hauled from Houston Texas to Alexandria Kentucky for $550.00 total. It was hauled on top of a 4 car wedge.

Mark
Hi Mark,

I contacted them quite a few months ago. They are on my list to re-contact.

I only received 2 bids then, and they were very high, but I'm going to check them out again.

The good thing about the Puck is it's only 6'6" tall when the pop top is down, so it's easy to fit into smaller spaces - not much taller than my car.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #11

Hi Guys and Gals,

Problem solved!

I have someone who is bringing the Puck cross-country. It worked out really well and I'm excited to finally get this thing in my driveway.

I'm sure I'll have TONS of questions for all of you when I start this new adventure with travel trailers.

I appreciate all the comments and support you've offered.

Thanks,
Maddy
Old 08-21-2010, 08:22 AM   #12

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'm glad it's working out for you Maddy. Now, I'm not trying to chase you off FiberglassRV, truly. But we're an all molded trailer group of which the Puck is not. You may get more answers to your questions at a different forum, TheSamba.com - Eriba Puck Camper Information: TheSamba.com :: View topic - Eriba Puck Camper information
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:47 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I'm glad it's working out for you Maddy. Now, I'm not trying to chase you off FiberglassRV, truly. But we're an all molded trailer group of which the Puck is not. You may get more answers to your questions at a different forum, TheSamba.com - Eriba Puck Camper Information: TheSamba.com :: View topic - Eriba Puck Camper information
The questions I was referring to would be general regarding camping in a little travel trailer, etc. I have never towed anything before nor camped so when i say this is all new to me I'm not kidding.

Specific questions re Puck's themselves will be posted at theSamba and others. I have already been discussing Pucks there for quite a while.

I started on fibergassrv when I was researching just which type of camper to buy - had absolutely no idea of what to look at. Settled on the Puck based on weight restrictions.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:20 AM   #14

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Sounds good Maddy, just wanted you to know about Samba. Knowledge is good, more knowledge is power!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote