New Ridgeline debuts in Detroit - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2016, 09:17 AM   #21

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi All,

I have a couple of friends with Ridgelines. They LOVE them. I have buddy that has owned nothing but Hondas since the 1970s. I have owned a Civic, Pilot, and Fit. Would love to have a Ridgeline as a tug that would double as a comfortable daily driver in terms of ease and manueverability. Gas mileage could have been better with the previous generation based on my friends' comments. But, a pretty darn good Swiss Army knife that can tow many FG egg campers.

Take care,

Dean
Old 01-17-2016, 04:55 PM   #22
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
I purchased my ridgeline in the Toronto area where there is a even mix of foreign and domestic vehiclesi,it was 3 years old and not a scratch or mark on it. I. Brought it home to the Windsor area where there is large domestic market and within 24 hours somebody hab keyed the side door even though the ridgeline is built in North America.even with the the flak and disparaging remarks I've heard over the years I would buy another ridgeline
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:59 PM   #23

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
You can thank the domestic car employes for that. They just dont understand that foreign named brand autos are made over here.

My Silverado was made in Canada and out Frontier Nissan was made in the USA.

Could it be a Union Thing?
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:49 PM   #24
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
The Chicken_tax keeps production here. Thank you Lyndon Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:28 PM   #25

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
I purchased my ridgeline in the Toronto area where there is a even mix of foreign and domestic vehiclesi,it was 3 years old and not a scratch or mark on it. I. Brought it home to the Windsor area where there is large domestic market and within 24 hours somebody hab keyed the side door even though the ridgeline is built in North America.even with the the flak and disparaging remarks I've heard over the years I would buy another ridgeline
I drive a Ford (made in Louisville) somebody intentionally broke my driver's side mirror when it was parked, since it is American made with a German engine and a Japanese transmission, I can't really determine the motive! It was either somebody really confused or just mean and stupid!
Probably the same with your scratches... no way to know the motive.
There really is no rational motive for vandalism... Cowardice? Stupidity?
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 08:07 PM   #26

Name: To Infinity & Beyond!
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul VT-16 Vacationer, 1957 Avion R20 & 1977 Argosy 6.0 Minuet
Tennessee
I have over 15 friends and acquaintances that own Honda Ridgeline's.

The Ridgeline is ONE of ONLY 2 vehicles that I can say that EVERYONE that I know own's who one truly loved the vehicle with many already on their second Ridgeline. They ALL say it's one of if not the best vehicle they ever owned and met all their needs as they were not pickup truck people and therefore the Ridgeline fit in that sweet spot between a SUV and a true full size truck.
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:33 AM   #27
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post

The Ridgeline is ONE of ONLY 2 vehicles that I can say that EVERYONE that I know own's who one truly loved the vehicle with many already on their second Ridgeline.
What's the second vehicle? Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 08:12 AM   #28

Tennessee
2002-2005 Thunderbird.

Once again EVERYONE 'I" personally knew who purchased a 2002-2005 Thunderbird ALL said it was the best Ford vehicle they had ever owned. Quality, craftsmanship and driving experience were the BEST Ford ever offered according to all the owners I knew!

The car certainly was a niche car that did not sell all that well and that's what surprised me that so many people who owned one had the same great experience with the car.

The 2002-2005 Ford Thunderbird is certainly a car "I" would never have dreamed that all the owners I knew and met said the same things about the car. I guess it goes to show that sometimes a "Winner" may not be "Hit"!
Old 01-18-2016, 08:23 AM   #29

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
LOL... either you have a lot more friends than I do, or those two vehicles are a lot more popular in your neck of the woods. I know exactly one person who owns a Thunderbird, and no one I know drives a Ridgeline!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 08:40 AM   #30

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
LOL... either you have a lot more friends than I do, or those two vehicles are a lot more popular in your neck of the woods.
It's safe to say that neither of these vehicles were not "Popular" sales wise anywhere and that's what I find so interesting that these are the only 2 vehicles upon which I can make these statements.

Yes I do know a LOT of people in the vintage, classic and new car world and that's the "Redneck" part of woods not just this "neck" of the woods.

It's a badge of honor here in the cultural center of the universe "Hillbilly Hollywood" Nashville Tennessee!!!
Old 01-18-2016, 10:21 AM   #31

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Why surrender your own judgement of what fits your needs? I own #1 & #2 on the list. Both will put smile on your face. I use the SSR as my tow vehicle for my Trill.

6 Classic Cars That Should Never Have Come Back
David Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 11:19 AM   #32

Tennessee
I am not sure why they say the SSR should never have been brought back as it was a totally new model when introduced. Retro styling yes! A remake of a previous named Chevrolet? No!

I also know a lot of folks the SSR's that truly enjoy their unique truck. I would have to agree as the SSR is GREAT tow vehicle for a vintage fiberglass trailer.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:52 PM   #33

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
I really like that new T Bird. I think the only problem was the price.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:00 PM   #34

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
It must be pretty confusing when it comes time to leave a party at your house!
I said "friends and acquaintances" that does mean they get invited to my parties!!!
Old 01-20-2016, 08:34 AM   #35

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
When SUVs first came out and did not have their own separate tax assessment category, the Tax Assessor Offices in our state (Alabama) were given the guideline (I don't know where from) that if it was body-on-frame construction, categorize it and tax it as a truck. If it was unibody construction, categorize it and tax it as a car. When I took our then brand new 1988 4Runner "SUV" in to pay taxes and get our first license plates for it, the office worker actually went outside, crawled under it to look at the construction, and declared it a truck since it had frame rails. If one were to impose that same logic today, it seems the Ridgeliner, as well as the Subaru Baja and probably others I don't know about, should actually be classified as SUV - but with an open rear cargo area feature. Just something to think about (but not too much).... Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:53 AM   #36

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
New Ridgeline debuts in Detroit

Laws usually lag behind the realities of the market. The distinction between "car" and "truck" have become relatively meaningless- plenty of pick-ups are used as grocery-getters.

In my mind, vehicle registration should be based on annual mileage and GVWR. The more you drive and the heavier the vehicle, the more wear and tear on the highway infrastructure. Will that ever happen? Probably not. Too many parties have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo. Each state has a somewhat different mix of parties at the table. Tracking mileage raises privacy concerns.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:12 AM   #37

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
When "foreign" cars were actually manufactured overseas and imported into the U.S., there was a substantial difference in import tariffs between what was classified as a "car" versus "truck". Subaru mounted those silly little plastic jump seats in the bed of their Brat (which initially, Subaru simply called a "utility vehicle") to get them classified as a "car" and cut their tariff by 75% (I think at the time of their introduction, it was from a 24% tariff for trucks down to 6% for cars, or something like that). Now that so many "foreign" vehicles are "Made in the U.S.A" (initially to help void such tariffs), it is almost a moot point.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:19 PM   #38

Name: Russ
Trailer: Scamp 16' side dinette, Airstream Safari 19'
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Schroeder View Post
Why surrender your own judgement of what fits your needs? I own #1 & #2 on the list. Both will put smile on your face. I use the SSR as my tow vehicle for my Trill.

6 Classic Cars That Should Never Have Come Back
Dave,
I bought an SSR to tow our Scamp 16. I figured out ways to beef up the cooling system, suspension and hitch, but stalled out on providing towing mirrors that would work well without compromising the cool looks. I sold the SSR and picked up a '67 C10 as a tug. Ironically I am now faced with the same mirror dilemma. It is more truck-like, and the cab is wider, so may have more options cosmetically. I'll miss that 400 HP. LS motor, as the C10 has about half that! The weatherproof bed too.
Russ
ruscal is offline   Reply With Quote