Older truck - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2015, 07:12 AM   #21

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
Thanks everyone for your comments. I am searching around on carguru and CL. I am pleased to find a few possibilities out there. We do need a 2nd car, so it may as well be a truck. It will not be a daily commute so gas use will not be an issue. I need it for yard work and if i have to, while wife is out, go to the hardware store or whatnot. I favor GL B/C they are individual owners and can give you more history of the vehicle, carguru tend to bring in cars from other areas at intervals, so i don`t know. Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:02 AM   #22

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I keep all maintenance records on my vehicles, oil changes, repairs, part numbers, and have included them with whatever vehicle I have sold. Ask a seller if they have any maintenance history.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:00 AM   #23

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17SD
Florida
Love my 02 Tundra V8 and would take it anywhere, but I'm the original owner so I know the care has exceeded the abuse. I'm now in the process of installing a brake controller, but have taken our just-bought Casita 17 on a couple of trips and had no problem slowing things down. Besides extra room, another advantage of a larger TV is that you feel more in control due to the longer wheelbase and higher mass. The main disadvantage is fuel consumption, exacerbated by Toyota's recommendation of O/D off when towing (a rule I follow, with some exceptions due to Florida's flat terrain.)
DeBreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:06 AM   #24

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
My current truck/tow vehicle is a 1998 with 195,000 miles, and it's by far the newest vehicle I've ever owned. I have zero concern about it not being up to driving cross-country.

In my area of the country, seeing people towing with vehicles from the 70's and 80's is not at all uncommon.

Wow just noticed this is a fairly old thread...
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote