Red arc brake controller in a grand Cherokee - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2021, 07:09 PM   #1

Name: Joel
Trailer: shopping
Tx
Red arc brake controller in a grand Cherokee

Good day all, I am trying to install a red arc pro elite into a 2021 Grand Cherokee. I am having a bit of trouble finding a good location for both the hidden brain and the control knob. Anyone done this in a GC and have some advice? The GC is my wifes new DD so she is a bit perticular about me drilling holes just anywhere.
jeepers29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:32 PM   #2

Name: Charles
Trailer: Bigfoot
Georgia
I am willing to bet that almost no one knows what a Redarc brake controller is. The knob needs to be in a easy to reach location, should be right at hand in case you need to operate it manually. I'm not familiar with a GC that much but I have read all of the operating and installation instructions for the Redarc. I considered buying one but ended up with a P3.

Charles
Old 04-08-2021, 05:12 AM   #3

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Red Arc brake Controller

I have a Red Arc Tow-Pro Elite V3 in my 2020 Ford Escape SEL AWD 2.0. I bought it from Australia before it was even available in North America.

I mounted the controller under the dash and the switch in the head light switch panel, there was an opening the prefect size for it. Looks like a factory install that way.
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:38 AM   #4

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
I have one in my Touareg and I put the control knob next to the dimmer controls on the left side of the instrument panel.
Unfortunately the steering wheel sometimes obscures the knob that has an LED in it to indicate the state of the unit. It can flash different colors to indicate braking, no load (open connection to brakes etc).
While it works good enough I think that the Tek P3 is smoother and I like the brake current readout.
The Red Arc Tow-Pro fits in the Touareg better as I couldn't find a good mounting spot for the P3.
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 02:37 PM   #5

Name: mitch
Trailer: Casita and Scamp
United States
A little late but, I have a 20 Grand cherokee and I installed the curt Spectrum, very similar to the redarc. I put the control knob on the side of the center console, no holes and easy to reach
mitchd is offline   Reply With Quote