Tire covers for 15" tires - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2023, 08:49 PM   #1

Name: Michelle
Trailer: Casita
Washington
Tire covers for 15" tires

We bit the bullet and bought new tires for our 2011Casita SD.

A few years ago we discovered the spare tire...that had never been used! had been destroyed by UV light. In the Carwash state, for pete's sake! Washington doesn't get sunshine! We get bright rain. We can go months without seeing the sun. When it comes out, people drag their grandkids out to see it so that they, too, can someday say, "I remember when the sun came out. We had to sacrifice a goat to make it go away."

Anyway, having learned my lesson, I have been looking for tire covers onlinefor the new 15" tires. And not finding much. I can find ginormous ones for RV's any where, but it seems no one is making them for the smaller tires. Of if they do, you can't buy three. YOu have to buy four and I really don't need four.

Where can I find tire covers for three, 15" tires?
Meadowlark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 06:32 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Tire Covers

E-Trailer has quite a selection. Cost looks to be in the 20 to 30 dollar range. I’ve seen a few on trailers that were purchased as Plain white or black and then custom “decorated” by the owner. If you have an artistic “bent”.
There are the tire covers that some folks use while parked that are open and flat along the bottom. We always called them “wheel pants” and the ones that have an elastic cord to be used on spare tires mounted on the trailer.
Measure your tires and order accordingly. The wheel pants don’t have to fit tight. That way it only takes a few seconds to deploy and remove.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 08:15 PM   #3

Washington
Duh. I forgot about E trailer. I shoulda looked, we've used them before, they're a reliable bunch. Thank you, Iowa Dave.
Old 03-18-2023, 08:39 AM   #4

Name: Hugh
Trailer: Scamp
North Dakota
Registry
Here's one that will fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
We bit the bullet and bought new tires for our 2011Casita SD.

A few years ago we discovered the spare tire...that had never been used! had been destroyed by UV light. In the Carwash state, for pete's sake! Washington doesn't get sunshine! We get bright rain. We can go months without seeing the sun. When it comes out, people drag their grandkids out to see it so that they, too, can someday say, "I remember when the sun came out. We had to sacrifice a goat to make it go away."

Anyway, having learned my lesson, I have been looking for tire covers onlinefor the new 15" tires. And not finding much. I can find ginormous ones for RV's any where, but it seems no one is making them for the smaller tires. Of if they do, you can't buy three. YOu have to buy four and I really don't need four.

Where can I find tire covers for three, 15" tires?
Here's one that will fit!!!!

https://www.scamptrailers.com/produc...r-19ft-trailer
Attached Thumbnails
tire-cover.png  
hghsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 09:49 AM   #5

Washington
You're a brat, Hugh...:-) but I appreciate the help.
Old 03-18-2023, 10:38 AM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I bought two sets of these for my Escape 5.0TA on Amazon. Tire size ST 205/75 R15. Fit well, easy on, easy off. Very pleased.
Attached Thumbnails
~Capture.JPG  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 11:15 AM   #7

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Wheel Pants

We have two pair for the 21 also. They came with the trailer from AZ Jack. I use them once in a while. Don’t have them on when the trailer is in the Escape garage because it’s dark in there. No windows. You don’t see them used to often in Midwest campgrounds where campers come and go daily. There’s not much seasonal site rental in county state and federal facilities where we tend to recreate.

I went to tire rotation with all five tires several years ago. I hate to see an aged out tire in the rear bumper mount that has never been on the ground. I always have the cover on that tire. When we come back from an outing where we encountered rain, I always pull the spare tire cover and turn it inside out and clean and dry it. Another fine reason to own a little used boat, “throw the spare tire cover on the front deck.”
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 04:22 PM   #8

Washington
I've done a little shopping, after having a Duh moment. I'm so used to referring to the Casita's tires as 15's, but I actually measured my tires and they're 27 inches. Hey, I'm a biologist, not a tire geek.
Anyway, it seems Adco has the corner on the market and reviews mention that the covers are put on with bungee cords. My shoulders don't take kindly to reaching around a tire with my cheek on the rubber, and fishing around blindly behind it with a bungee cord. So I was looking for some cover that has a different mounting system. Classic Accessories has them without bungees.

Does anyone have experience with dealing with them? I find that they're right around the corner from me in Kent, WA (well, not quite that close, I don't always exaggerate). Comments?
Old 03-18-2023, 06:00 PM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Bungees would actually be easier than the Camco I bought which uses straps and buckles. Even though I put on four, I didn't find it all that difficult and I don't like being on my knees.
Attached Thumbnails
~Capture.JPG  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 07:27 PM   #10

Washington
Knees, shoulders, eyesight, memory...getting old is a ***** on body parts. I swear, we should get a choice of three body part replacements when we hit sixty. I'd get a new skeleton, new eyes, and......um, I forget...;-)

Tags
tires