To the mods. Any chance of a forum just for those towing with Electric vehicles? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2022, 09:09 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: T@B
British Columbia
To the mods. Any chance of a forum just for those towing with Electric vehicles?

Dear moderators. There seem to be more of us towing with electric vehicles. I wonder if it wouldn’t be an idea to create a separate heading for electric vehicles that tow. It would be a convenient place to share ideas, problems and solutions unique to towing with electric vehicles. Obviously this will be a trend in the future.

For your consideration.

Thanks in advance.

John.
Old 07-30-2022, 09:12 AM   #2

Name: You can't call me Al
Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13'
Massachusetts
I second this suggestion.

There is a growing group who are interested in learning more about this technology and hearing front-line stories from the pioneers and having an area to focus on this specific new-yet-growing area of fiberglass RVs would be welcome.
Old 07-30-2022, 09:24 AM   #3

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
I think it would be interesting to hear from these 8 people......why not?
Old 07-30-2022, 09:56 AM   #4

British Columbia
Yah for sure. I think there are only 3 or 4 of us on this board presently but there are thousands of us on the various Facebook EV towing groups towing teardrops and various fiberglass trailers. Facebook is fine but there really is no archival function. Most RV forums are just too toxic to discuss EV’s. Neal’s board is good but it is more Motorhome centric. For those of us that pull small trailers with electric vehicles this might be a good place for discussion of the various EV centric towing issues.

Jmho.

John.
Old 07-30-2022, 10:23 AM   #5

Name: You can't call me Al
Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13'
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travellers View Post
Most RV forums are just too toxic to discuss EVs.
Let's not be those folks!

If you've got a question or comment about EV towing, ask or tell.

We've witnessed TONS of gas-drivers (like me) who ask genuine questions about how this all works and have gotten real answers from those with experience doing this. It's an inspiration, and I may change my vehicle in a few years because of it.

We've already witnessed snide and derisive comments, so please, I'm begging you, please keep those to yourself. It doesn't create a fun/welcoming community of fiberglass RV towers when people just post attacks and derision.

It's not a discussion about EV towing if it always devolves into the politics of gas vs other energy sources.
Old 07-30-2022, 10:29 AM   #6

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
... there are thousands of us on the various Facebook EV towing groups towing teardrops and various fiberglass trailers. Facebook is fine but there really is no archival function.
John.

Two good reasons to start a separate forum.
It will be interesting to know what we need to consider when the market is dominated by EV's in the future.
Old 07-30-2022, 10:36 AM   #7

British Columbia
Yah for sure. But right out of the gate this forum is much more friendly and open minded than any of the others. Neal’s board over at RVforums is pretty good as well but seems to be more large class A centric.

I don’t know for sure but if there was a forum that had an EV towing group we might see some of the Facebook group who are looking for more of an archival experience come over. Of course with the advent of the ev half tons on the road many of those are pulling larger trailers. But at least right now i believe the majority of us are pulling smaller trailers like Fiberglass or teardrop units.

All JMHO.

JOHN.
Old 07-31-2022, 10:42 AM   #8

British Columbia
Is there a way to contact the moderators re this?
Old 07-31-2022, 03:29 PM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Is there a way to contact the moderators re this?
I reported this thread to the mods/admins. I don't think they read every thread and that should have gotten someone's attention. Whether anything happens......
Old 07-31-2022, 07:28 PM   #10

British Columbia
Thankyou.
Old 08-01-2022, 08:15 AM   #11

Name: Keith
Trailer: Scamp
Texas
I think it would be very interesting since fiberglass trailers are a pretty good match to EVs, as compared to stickies. May be a good opportunity to promote those qualities of our trailers in this emerging segment.

I’m not buying an ev today, but I’d like to in the future. So learning about the practical side of towing with one really interests me
Old 08-01-2022, 10:07 AM   #12

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
I've enjoyed learning from the EV guys posting here. For some reason FGRVs seem to attract a better demographic than the more general RV groups. Mention EVs on those and the Bubbas who obviously haven't learned anything new in 50 years are stirred up like ants.
Old 08-01-2022, 10:11 AM   #13

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyM View Post
I've enjoyed learning from the EV guys posting here. For some reason FGRVs seem to attract a better demographic than the more general RV groups. Mention EVs on those and the Bubbas who obviously haven't learned anything new in 50 years are stirred up like ants.
You noticed that too. A couple of them are down right out there.
Old 08-01-2022, 10:16 AM   #14

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
There is another thread on this forum with lots of good info. on EV towing...check it out.
Old 08-01-2022, 12:49 PM   #15

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I’ll second the idea (or third or fourth by now). It may take a while, as this kind of change has to go to the tech department, which seems to work on the fifth Sunday of the month. Change happens slowly.

I agree this is a significant and growing area of specialized information that warrants its own bin. As a bonus, those who are vehemently opposed to electrification can block the entire section of the forum and pretend it doesn’t exist.

Back in 2020 they created a COVD section, which I gratefully blocked, because every thread turned political. It was tiresome.
Old 08-01-2022, 01:04 PM   #16
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
https://fb.watch/eDTdLMUr2F/ In case some did not see this on the f150 thread HC is all in
Old 08-01-2022, 01:16 PM   #17

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
https://fb.watch/eDTdLMUr2F/ In case some did not see this on the f150 thread HC is all in
I would like to see more reviews of electric vehicles towing smaller trailers like those many of us on this forum pull. 2000 to 5000 pounds loaded. And lower profiles. Even ours is bigger than some on here.

Old 08-01-2022, 01:29 PM   #18

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
How about a separate forum for people who only "camp" at Walmarts? Why not a separate forum for vegans?

Let's all separate into our own little groups.
Old 08-01-2022, 01:37 PM   #19

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
How about a separate forum for people who only "camp" at Walmarts? Why not a separate forum for vegans?

Let's all separate into our own little groups.
Separate into groups??? No. Its about an organized forum that allows for easy access to information pertinent to certain people.

Cheers.
Old 08-01-2022, 01:58 PM   #20

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
How does one qualify?
Closed Thread