Towing with a model 3 ev - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2022, 11:56 AM   #1

Name: charles
Trailer: curtis wright
California
Towing with a model 3 ev

I hope to tow a 13' scamp with a tesla model 3, anyone have any experience how much a range hit will it be with a small light trailer like that (total weight 1500 pounds) or if you can share what mpg drop % you are having if towing with a smaller vehicle, just how aerodynamic are these small fiberglass trailers and what do you recommend that would be best to tow with an ev
cmugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 02:00 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: T@B
British Columbia
I’m going to follow this thread as well Cmuggler as it will be interesting to learn about the little Fiberglass trailers.

There is a fellow in town that tows an armadillo trailer with a model 3. I don’t know much about the armadillo but I drive by the factory often. They look pretty nice.

Hope you find a solution.

John.
Travellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 04:43 PM   #3

Name: Tom
Trailer: Parkliner
North Carolina
I have a 2022 Scamp 13 and I tow it with a 2021 Tesla model Y. I have found that the biggest problem is the wind resistance so, consequently, my range is reduced by about half. If you’d like to have further discussions, feel free to contact me at tombass336@gmail.com.
Thomasl is offline   Reply With Quote