I tow my Boler
17 (2500 lb. dry/empty) easily with my 2017 Traverse. The Boler
17 tows better behind the Traverse than the Trillium
4500 that is 1000 lbs lighter.
Here are the details:
- My 2017 Traverse with V92 factory tow package is rated to tow 5000 lb. and 600 lb. trailer tongue weight
- The V92 tow package includes a 7-pin connector, heavy duty transmission cooler, transmission tow mode button, and under dash connector for brake controller
- I always use my Prodigy P3 brake controller (requires a cable adapter under the dash) to activate the trailer brakes
- We always pre-check the trailer lights
before towing. This is done while parked.
- To pre-check the trailer brakes
with the Prodigy P3 brake controller, engage the manual override switch. While doing this, have a second person listen to each brake on the trailer. The trailer brakes should emit a buzzing sound.
So in summary, if the Traverse has the V92 tow package and if a brake controller is installed and being used, this setup should be OK for towing your trailer.
EDIT: Oh another thing. I never tow over 65 MPH.