Toyota RAV4 V6 for towing - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2013, 06:33 AM   #1

Name: Denny
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Michigan
There are several forumites happily towing with a RAV4, me included, but I'm upgrading to a Jeep Grand Cherokee in anticipation of finding a nice vintage Airstream in the 4,000 to 5,000 wt class, too heavy for the RAV.

I've posted the details in the misc-buy sell trade area of the market place forum.
MCDenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:47 AM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
3000 rivets in an average Airstream....What happened to your new Snoozy?
Old 06-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #3

Michigan
The Snoozy is fine and we will keep it until I can find a nice vintage AS. We have a couple of grand kids almost old enough to go camping with us and I think it would be fun to restore an old trailer.

AS are cool and lots of resources, parts and info, to fix up an old one.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #4

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I gave alot of thought about a "Bambi" sized AS before purchasing my ParkLiner. Problem was the tv, Rav4 could pull a Bambi, but it was abit too small for what I wanted...and the little bit larger AS's started getting too heavy and didnt have money to get a new tv, and a trailer to restore lol. I love the ParkLiner, maybe when retirement comes closer down the road if I have a pickup truck, might look at a 5th wheel fiberglass if I decide to go on the road for the golden years... hear they are real easy to tow.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #5

Michigan
Hi Deryk, A 16' Bambi really doesn't offer any more space than the Snoozy. I'm like something in the 22' to 25' range. The older Airstreams are a good bit lighter than new ones and a little narrower.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
There are quite a few "not so big" vehicles towing Airstreams. We tow our vintage 73, 23' with a mid size car. Not sure what the Rav is good for. The jeep Grand would work for sure.

We have had ours for 10 years and did many updates and up grades. Laminate floor, new kitchen, drapes, toilet. It still has the original dometic fridge. They do require work, repairs, and upkeep but it has been fun.

We would also like to have an egg so we could consider a smaller, more fuel efficent TV. Always keep an eye open for an interesting one.
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #7

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Yeah the Bambi was narrower than my ParkLiner.... but fiberglass is nice!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote