Trailer Tow Mirrors for a Nissan Frontier!!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2014, 09:57 AM   #1

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Trailer Tow Mirrors for a Nissan Frontier!!!

Hi: All. If you're towing with a Nissan Frontier here's a custom fit towing mirror. They're heated, powered, extendable, and fold in for tight parking spaces. Plug and play!!! http://www.1aauto.com
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1030541.jpg   P1030542.jpg  

P1030549.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:28 AM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Very cool Alf.

I am assuming when you say plug and play one simple uses the current wiring harness that controls the heat & inside adjustment buttons on the stock mirrors.
Do you need to manually extend the mirror out or has that somehow been magically designed to work with the stock mirror controls as well?
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:14 PM   #3

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Hi Alf,
Do you have a part #?
Link you provided only goes to search page.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:50 PM   #4
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Great site, lots of Frontier parts including the mirrors. And the prices seem good. Thanks for sharing. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:08 PM   #5

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
Hi Alf,
Do you have a part #?
Link you provided only goes to search page.
Roy they have several different versions or at least appear to for the Frontier - you are best to put the make model year in the input spot at the top left of the site and it will give you everything it has for the year of Frontier you own. Then click on mirrors - the ones Alf has appear on the 2nd page of mirror listings on my search.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:21 PM   #6

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Very cool Alf.

I am assuming when you say plug and play one simple uses the current wiring harness that controls the heat & inside adjustment buttons on the stock mirrors.
Do you need to manually extend the mirror out or has that somehow been magically designed to work with the stock mirror controls as well?
Hi: Carol H...The extension of the mirrors is a manual pull out and the fold in is also manual. The heat and adjustment of the large section mirror are via the wire harness and stock truck controls.
Hi: Roy in TO... The part # is 1AMRP01310.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie p.s. My helper from Manitoba said "Out there they call them mosquito catchers"!!!
Attached Thumbnails
P1030547.jpg   P1030544.jpg  

Old 04-03-2014, 01:23 PM   #7

Registry
Thanks Alf, they do look good!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:43 PM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Thanks Alf, they do look good!
Hi: Carol H... At first I thought they looked like "Elephant ears"...but when using them you see "Just what you've been missing"!!!
Attached Thumbnails
P1030550.jpg  
Old 04-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #9

Registry
LOL Elephant ears or not they look better than the extenders I currently own!

BTW are you getting excited about your new trailer???? I am going to be heading out to Escape sometime over the next few days as they are making an addition to my trailer to make my new tug/trailer combo a bit more user friendly/accommodate my stuff! ;-) so perhaps I will get a sneak peek of your new one while there....
Old 04-03-2014, 02:37 PM   #10

Registry
Quote:
LOL Elephant ears or not they look better than the extenders I currently own!

BTW are you getting excited about your new trailer???? I am going to be heading out to Escape sometime over the next few days as they are making an addition to my trailer to make my new tug/trailer combo a bit more user friendly/accommodate my stuff! ;-) so perhaps I will get a sneak peek of your new one while there....
Hi: Carol H...We have loved "Our Escape Hatch" for over six years!!! Our "Escape Hatch II" will just be more to love Reace is working overtime on the moulds to start laying glass so you may just catch the hatch while you're there. Take some pictures for me PLEASE!!!
Old 04-03-2014, 03:46 PM   #11

Registry
Will do -will take my camera. I know they are real busy right now & just waiting hear when they can slip my trailer in for a small job in the next week or so before I head down to the Spring Oregon gathering.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:21 PM   #12

Trailer: 1977 TM14 Surfside / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
I just got mine back from Reece yesterday...no more soft floor and no one will be stealing my batteries anymore!!! Now I just have to lay down a new floor. Carol, let me know when you are in town and we'll do lunch.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:59 AM   #13

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Their site only lists mirrors for model years from 2005 to present. Mine is a 2004, so I'm a little reluctant to plunk down close to 250 bucks on something that may or may not fit.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:09 AM   #14
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Hey Alf, why do you have to remove the door panel? I checked my Haynes manual to see and while it tells you to do it it doesn't show why. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:26 AM   #15

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Ive heard that the power connection is behind the door panel. Im interested but cant do it right now. Want to order my maxx air fan to replace the fantastic fan.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:47 AM   #16

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
Hey Alf, why do you have to remove the door panel? I checked my Haynes manual to see and while it tells you to do it it doesn't show why. Raz
Hi: P. Raz... The plug part of the plug and play is behind the door panel... so you must remove both panels from the door. The black one for the mirror mount 10mm. bolts and the grey one 2 10mm. bolts behind the armrest and 1 10mm. bolt behind the door handle escutcheon. It took us time to figure it out without any instructions or manual. In the pic. I am doing the plugging!!! Second mirror was easy!!!
Attached Thumbnails
P1030542.jpg  
Old 04-04-2014, 08:48 AM   #17

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
Raz, its my understanding is if the truck has power mirrors the panel has to come off as the harness for the power mirrors is behind the door panel, if no power mirrors then you don't need to take the panel off.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:54 AM   #18

Name: Doug
Trailer: Escape 19
Ontario
Some more info for those considering adding these mirrors: in other discussions with Alf, I learned that these mirrors add a few inches to the width of your vehicle. An additional 7" if I recall.

Given that I park my truck in the garage during the winter, that makes the extra width an issue for me. Not impossible, but definitely a challenge to get the truck in the garage with the mirrors extended. So I got these mirrors I'd be left with the options of being very careful and meticulous when I park, or opening my driver's window and folding the mirror every time, or parking out in the snow and ice. I'm still sitting on the fence as to whether I want to grab them or not.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:08 AM   #19

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey View Post
Some more info for those considering adding these mirrors: in other discussions with Alf, I learned that these mirrors add a few inches to the width of your vehicle. An additional 7" if I recall.
Is that extra 7" when they are retracted or when they are fully extended?
Old 04-04-2014, 10:06 AM   #20

Name: Doug
Trailer: Escape 19
Ontario
Sorry for the lack of clarity... The extra 7" is when the mirrors are neither folded nor extended. That is, when they're in the normal non-towing configuration.

And that's 7" total -- 3.5" each side.