UHaul Hubs...How to Grease Bearings? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #1

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
UHaul Hubs...How to Grease Bearings?

Well folks, can someone tell me how to grease the wheel bearings on a UHaul Ct 13? Please. I understand they are sealed...don't they need to be greased after 30 years? Are there bearings inside the hub? Would you get new hubs? I am kind of uninformed when it comes to this. Am wanting to travel a bit and want to feel secure with the wheels. Thank you.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
The good news is that the hubs are sealed and nearly bullet proof. If you want, you can replace the hubs, or buy an extra and carry it with you.

There are several sources. The UHaul Truck and Trailer Parts on line store has them for about $56 with free shipping (their eBay store also has them, but for more $).

Or, you can buy front bearing hubs to fit a 93 to 2002 Camaro or Firebird on line or at an auto parts store.

A good mechanic can "feel" the bearings and tell you if they are worn. This is done with the tire lifted slightly and the wheel assembly is rocked to test for freeplay.

eBay has 'em, too:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-FRONT-LEFT...sories&vxp=mtr
Old 07-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #3

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
The good news is that the hubs are sealed and nearly bullet proof. If you want, you can replace the hubs, or buy an extra and carry it with you.

There are several sources. The UHaul Truck and Trailer Parts on line store has them for about $56 with free shipping (their eBay store also has them, but for more $).

Or, you can buy front bearing hubs to fit a 93 to 2002 Camaro or Firebird on line or at an auto parts store.

A good mechanic can "feel" the bearings and tell you if they are worn. This is done with the tire lifted slightly and the wheel assembly is rocked to test for freeplay.

eBay has 'em, too:

2 FRONT (LEFT AND RIGHT) GM CAMARO/FIREBIRD/TRANS AM NEW WHEEL HUB BEARING PAIR | eBay
Oh thank you Tom! I used to have to grease the bearings on my Pop up camper at least once a year so I had been wondering about the Uhaul.
I guess I did not understand how grease could last that long especially on a hot road. Thank you for responding.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Davis View Post
Oh thank you Tom! I used to have to grease the bearings on my Pop up camper at least once a year so I had been wondering about the Uhaul.
I guess I did not understand how grease could last that long especially on a hot road. Thank you for responding.
Well, look at it this way, they last a long time on Camaros.

Tags
uhaul