1st Annual spring spiff and "Repair a Rig" rally - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2007, 10:11 PM   #41

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
By coinky dink, we have a shiny Scamp here!

Frank from San Bernardino came to look at the campground, independent of us, looked around and saw all the eggs, so he went home and got his!

So far, Fred and Robert have cobbled my awning back together, and Frank donated that most special of all tools.. duct tape, so it would stay together
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:57 PM   #42

Registry
Well! What a REALLY productive day!

Lauren got her nice wood seam hiderer thingy from Mr. Rubio reglued back up, Fred and I stared at his light fixture, but did absolutely nothing about it, and I went to Lowes and bought hardware for the awning that is still in the bag.

Instead.. we ate.

Be quiet!!!!!

I got a late start due to an animal malfunction, Frank had errands to run and after we ate dinner and were REALLY gonna get to work, well, it started raining, so of course, we couldn't POSSIBLY work in the rain, so the next best thing was to.. eat some more. (Well, I don't know what everyone else is doing, but I am polishing off the stinky cheese and crackers while the pets are sleeping and the tenters are grumping )

Frank decided to hitch up and leave because he forgot his heater (It's a bit chilly)

We'll see how motivated everyone is in the morning. I still have to install lights!
Old 04-15-2007, 09:28 AM   #43

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Gina,
Hello everyone!

Ann & I came in from "Nuestra Casita" about a 1/2 Hr. ago. It's snowing Other than the fact that we have friends coming from Desert Hot Springs and you folks contemplating your next moves, we need all the moisture we can get.

The county provided a FREE DUMP DAY yesterday, so we managed to make 2 runs
(each about 45 miles round trip), then watched our grandson's Cub Scout Pine Wood Derby Race. I'd anticipated maybe joining you just to renew acquaintances but by then I was about done in.

Slowly but surely, the remodel of our house is progressing. The game plan was to have the scaffolding picked up today, but the weather may complicate that.

Are you getting precipitation today? I hope your awning is rolled up so it's dry. If not, or it's snowing at home, you might want to leave your McMansion right there for another night.

Maybe you can get some lights installed yet.

Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:49 PM   #44

Registry
Kurt, no snow here, but I saw LOTS of cars coming down the hill with white roofs. I didn't check Rim this am, so I had no idea what I was coming up to. Figured if it was snow, I would turn around and go to Canyon RV, if for nothing else, the sleep in tomorrow LOL!

it drizzled all morning, turned to rain, but Lauren and I sat by the fire and watched everyone ring out thier tents and we slowly picked at cleaning up our stuff.

All my junk was UNDER the trailer, put it there last nite, so pretty much all I had to do was the inside and pack the bins.

Kitty decided the cheese was too tempting and knocked over the cans of pop on the table, so A little mopping was in order.. other than that, no biggy. THATS why I did the vinyl floor.. it will dry on it's own with no harm.

Fred and Robert had a social engagement in Temecula at 10, so when it was O Dark Thirty, they were hitched up. I opened my door to let the beasts out and they were ready to pull out!

A small rally with the usual suspects, but it was a fun time!

Thanks for coming Frank! It's always nice to have a new face.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:52 PM   #45

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
So, Gina, other than the awning (which wasn't broke before you started) did you do any repairs??

I think I'm glad I missed this one. The weather has been nasty enough here where I'm repairing sprinklers and cleaning a closet. There is something ironic about having to wait for the rain to stop to replace the sprinklers.

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:05 PM   #46

Registry
Actually, Fred wanted to try to fix the spring inside that makes it self stow. That has never worked for me, BUT.. Just getting it safe to travel with was the priority.

When Uncle Sam gives me back my money this year, I will just get a whole new one.

Previous owner probably had a mishap with it, it was somewhat sproinged and mangled when I first set it up.

Finding the curved arms will be the key, or maybe they can re use the ones I have, but that is where MOST of the damage is.

Current one is green, and I want RED!!!!!
Old 04-15-2007, 07:06 PM   #47

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
So far, Fred and Robert have cobbled my awning back together, and Frank donated that most special of all tools.. [b]duct tape, so it would stay together
Attached Thumbnails
000_0527_small.jpg  
Old 04-15-2007, 07:10 PM   #48

Registry
Talking

Quote:
Just getting it safe to travel with was the priority.

When Uncle Sam gives me back my money this year, I will [b]just get a whole new one.

... the curved arms ... where MOST of the damage is.

Current one is green, and I want RED!!!!!
The FABRIC is the part of this awning that is in the BEST condition.

I initially thought that we might try rewinding the internal spring. However, after reading the dis-assembly procedure in the online tech manual, I think you are making a wise choice.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:15 PM   #49

Registry
Talking

Quote:
By coinky dink, we have a shiny Scamp here!

Frank from San Bernardino came to look at the campground, independent of us, looked around and saw all the eggs, so he went home and got his!
Attached Thumbnails
000_0528_small.jpg   000_0529_small.jpg  

Old 04-15-2007, 07:22 PM   #50

Registry
Talking

Quote:
So far, we have Fred and Robert and Lauren.
Fred and Robert

Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0532_small.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	7304

and Lauren

Name:	000_0531_small.jpg
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	7305
Old 04-15-2007, 07:36 PM   #51

Registry
Talking

Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frederick L. Simson @ Apr 9 2007, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quote:
I'll bring our Propane BBQ.
All of it?
[/quote]

Our space was a "double" and was centrally located. Thus we became the gathering place.

Name:	000_0526_small.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	7308

Quote:
so the next [b]best thing was to.. eat
With Robert's cooking, we couldn't argue

Name:	000_0533_small.jpg
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	7309

Chichen-Basil-Parmesan Sausage
Seasoned Tomato-Cheese Rice
Green Salad
Roasted Peppers & Garlic

Frank Provideded Crab-Pasta, and Plain-Pasta Salad

Laren Provided Pasta w/ Cheese, and Mushroom-Pasta, and wine

Gina Provided Dressing for the Green Salad, And all-inportant Dr. Pepper!
Old 04-15-2007, 08:13 PM   #52

Registry
Yes, the Beverly Hillbillies were there in thier very own 17 foot Burro. Note the bedding all over the site, the duct tape holding the awning up, the flimsy outbuilding, and.. the final and all telling clue..

the Hound Dog on the table

Old 04-15-2007, 10:19 PM   #53

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
So the spring "Spiff-'Em-Up Rally" became a slightly damp social gathering! Chalk the experience up to... any reason is a good reason for a rally, especially if it's attended by congenial friends.
Sorry we missed all of you,
Kurt & Ann K.

P.S.,
Welcome to our local bunch, Frank.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:35 AM   #54

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Yes, the Beverly Hillbillies were there in thier very own 17 foot Burro. Note the bedding all over the site, the duct tape holding the awning up, the flimsy outbuilding, and.. the final and all telling clue..

the Hound Dog on the table

I thought I saw a "Bagel-Dawg" on the table.
Looked like he was guarding the site.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:01 PM   #55

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Everyone .. I know you all had a great time camping.

We were on a Celebrity Summit ship 2 week cruise .. left 3/31 and returned home late Saturday night .. 12:00 midnight.. Started in Los Angeles, and ended in Fort Lauderdale. We were delayed 2 hours at the Dallas airport - not too bad with all the airport disruptions. Had a fantastic time on the cruise and a safe return home on American. Can't ask for anything better. Absolutely no complaints from us for the Celebrity cruise. Entertainment, food, crew, ports .. great.

I noticed that the Hildners were also on a cruise thru the Panama Canal. Ken and Chris, what ship were you on?

Carol and Jim
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:50 AM   #56

CarolnJim,

It would appear that you had a great trip! 2 weeks of a completely different atmosphere should alter one's perspective more than a little!
Welcome back to the FGRV world.

Kurt & Ann K.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:48 PM   #57

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Send a message via AIM to Ken&Chris
Quote:
I noticed that the Hildners were also on a cruise thru the Panama Canal. Ken and Chris, what ship were you on?
Carol and Jim
We left April 9th from L.A. on the Regal , Princess. 19 days , Panama Canal cruise. We just got back last weekend and I would have loved to just turn around and do it again. I would need to get off the ship long enough to get all new larger cloths and a few more books.
Ken&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #58

Name: Judith
Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
Texas
Cool

Hi, what a great ideal, any of these rallies going on in MI. Judy
Scamper on the road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #59

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
As this thread was located in the archived section and was closed nearly 5 years ago you may not get the result you were looking for.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #60

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
But it would be a great yearly tradition to start up. I'd drive a long ways to get stuff done correctly by experienced folks whose work can be seen.