2004 National Rally Proposal - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2003, 08:50 PM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
2004 Rally

Chances are CA will be in debtor's prison by then & will have been absorbed by Vegas. Can we all get into Sam's Town?

There's also an all Motorhome park in Vegas we could "crash".

Mox nix to me as long as we have all structured functions at Mandalay Bay. They have the best-looking cocktail waitresses in town!!

Dick/Jeanette, Coastal NC

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 06:29 AM   #22

Branson

I haven't been there in a while, but last time I was there it was way too congested and getting worse all the time.

If it appears that it might be a consideration, I'd like to hear from some who have been there in the last year or so.

I think the idea of going a little further north is good. I love the idea of cooler country.

Old 07-08-2003, 07:39 AM   #23

Add another thing to the list

Crowds and traffic jams.
Thanks suz
I live 13 mile from Virginia Beach and never go to ocean between june and september crowds and traffic. no wonder my i like nice quite spots.

Old 07-08-2003, 12:35 PM   #24

Vegas in the summer... why not just have it in the bowels of the third level of hell... it'd be cooler:sunny

Old 07-08-2003, 01:37 PM   #25

:laugh :lol2 :laugh Now, now. I think there was also some mention of having it at a little bit different season of the year... I'm sure that would be dependent on location. :wink

Old 07-09-2003, 01:54 PM   #26

My two cents

Quote:
Orginally posted by George Cathcart

We agree that a western ''national'' rally should be in the books next year or the following year. The rally in KY this year was apparently beautifully done by the sponsors, but almost all of the participants were from east of the national divide. So, yeah, lets divvy this up. Another mid-continent rally in the future would be great too. But wherever a rally is, it's going to be too far for some, so they can catch the next one, huh?:wine
I agree with George. If we always try to have the National Rally at a central location, those of us at the nation's edges will always have a long trip in order to attend. I think since it is a "national' rally, we should try to have it in as many states as possible over the years. And it would be great to always have it at or near a Nat'l or State Park, so we could enjoy all those very special places. Then those who prefer dry camping could stay in the NP/SPs and those who don't could stay in an RV park. The festivities could be split between the two locations depending upon the facilities.

Glen's plan for Graeagle sounds good to me. It is a great area and Plumas/Eureka SP is a favorite of ours. Lots of RV parks too.

Old 07-09-2003, 02:32 PM   #27

rally

Well, I like the way y'all are a-thinkin. It was west, then east....now the west again. Thise who cant attend can surely do the regional thing for a fix. Not that anybody cares but I won't cross the Cali border just on principle!!! Not even under duress!! I worked in NoCal some years back (donner pass) and it certainly is beautiful country. Donner would be temperate at 7500 ft and not all that far from Vegas, etc......

go to it!!!

Old 08-05-2003, 04:51 PM   #28

We need this subject...........

.......to be kept near the top.

I still say ''Westward Ho!''

I like Glen's ideas, but at California State campgrounds, reservations for a large group would seem to be almost impossible to achieve. (The system books reservations six months ahead and the better state parks are well reserved on the first day.)

Are there any excellent private campgrounds in northeastern California that could accomodate as many rigs as we might have?

Old 08-05-2003, 05:49 PM   #29

2004 National Rally

:wave

I was at the Scamp camp in Branson area in June 2003. There was a lot to see and do and a lot of traffic. June was the off season. It was hot and muggy. Joy did a lot of calling to find a campground that would take a group. We had a group of about 37 units and we did some doubling up. So Branson may not be the place.

Old 08-08-2003, 02:51 PM   #30

The Nat'l rally this year was just way to far for most west coasters to attend. So I understand the reluctance for east coasters.

Moving the North American Fiberglass RV rally around the center two thirds of North American sounds like it would give the most opportunity for everyone to attend at some time.

I would like to see the rally for 2004 on the west side of the National Divide.

Glen Golds suggestion would be a beautiful location. Finding a place that can handle everyone at once is the trick.

Do your homework Glen and let us know.

:wave

Old 08-10-2003, 08:00 AM   #31

Napa fairgrounds?

I just heard that Napa fairgrounds hosts rallies, etc. Does anyone know if that might be a viable alternative? Not exactly where Glen was leading us, but would be a great base to tour all the wine country--Napa, Sonoma, Mendocino, etc., then head to northeastern CA for a few days.:wine

We camped in a tiny campground (friend's driveway) in nearby St. Helena last year. What I didn't like was how the traffic has increased tenfold in the five years since we had been there--supposedly tourist traffic reduces somewhat after summer.

Old 08-10-2003, 11:27 AM   #32

Fairgrounds might be a way to go... Could have electric and water hookups, but not sewer... Another thought is old airbases... Griffiths, here in New York just had a big Monoco RV rally (you know those huge expensive rolling condo's). They ran electric and water for them and parked them on one of the old runways. There was something like 75-100 units there.

Old 08-13-2003, 01:25 PM   #33

Our Two Cents Worth...

We live "In The Middle Of Nowhere" just southwest of Death Valley, California. We lived in Nebraska for 21 years (while I was still in the USAF) so we've toured and camped all over the Heartland.

The main objection we'd have to having next year's National in the Midwest is the weather...storms and high humidity...and lots of mosquitoes. There are interesting things to do and see, it's true. We've done Eureka Springs and Branson, and we don't like to consider having to brave the humidity and crowds. Those areas are neat, but not when you're trying to interact with a group of other people.

Personally, I like the first proposal (see 1st post in this thread) as it's beautiful country, easy access from anywhere in the US, Mexico or Canada. And it's just right up the road from us! :)

Bryce/Glenn Canyon and other nearby parks in Utah are also an excellent choice, although I think we'd find getting enough camping space (even with our tiny trailers!) a pretty good trick. Arches National Park in central Utah is a little out of the way, but extremely beautiful in an alien kinda way. Great food in Moab, anyway!

If I had my choice, I'd vote for something on the coast, but honestly I feel that Central California's High Sierras are the best choice for next year.

Let's have a little more discussion!