2006 Bluebonnet Rally - Perrin,Texas - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2005, 06:19 PM   #1

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
The 2006 Bluebonnet Rally promises to be great. Plan to be there in Perrin, Texas. That is northwest of Ft. Worth about 60 miles, near Bridgeport. The site is Mitchell RV Park and Golf Course. The dates are April 5-9, 2006. Each year it gets bigger and better. See you there. Tom Trostel
Old 11-28-2005, 04:18 AM   #2

Registry
Here is more info about the Bluebonnet Rally

September 18th, Rosie announced her decision to have us host the 2006 Bluebonnet Rally. We are excited that she has placed her confidence in us and we are looking forward to a great event. Everyone is welcome to the event. Casitas, friends of Casitas, people who are interested in buying one (us at the 2005 event), etc.

The Bluebonnet Casita Rally is being planned for April 5 – 9, 2006, at the Mitchell RV Park and Golf Resort near Perrin, TX. Mitchell’s RV Park is the site chosen by Rosie because it offers 175 acres with 200 RV sites with full hook ups, a large meeting room with a stage, convenience store and gift shop, a small in ground pool, nine hole par-three golf course, fishing lake, adult exercise room, hiking/biking areas, bird watching, a large meeting room, laundry facilities, and wireless broadband.

Mitchell RV Park and Resort (940) 798-4615 $18/day (rate honored all week long)
2730 FM 2210 E. http://www.mitchellrvpark.com
Perrin, TX 76486

How do I get there????
This RV Park is 7.3 miles South from Hwy 199 and 2.7 miles East from U.S, 281. The park is approximately:
50 miles Northwest of Ft. Worth, (pop. BIG)
60 miles Northwest of Granbury, (pop. ? ) www.granbury.org/
46 miles East of Graham, pop. (9,000) www.grahamtxchamber.com/
16 miles Northwest of Mineral Wells, (pop.16, 946)
18 miles South of Jacksboro (pop.4570)
34 miles Northwest of Weatherford (pop. 20,150)

What can I expect????
We are planning seminars, interest sessions, potluck meals, wine tasting, a bonfire, door prizes, 50/50 drawing, free time to take in area attractions and restaurants, and, of course, an egg parade to show off our eggs.

We are asking anyone who would like to bring a door prize to please do so. It will be fun to have a door prize drawing on Thursday evening. It can be anything from something handmade, an RV item, or something that represents your state.

Plan to experience Weatherford’s First Monday Trade Days(34 miles from Mitchell’s RV Park), which is held the weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun) before the first Monday of every month. Come early enough to attend Weatherford’s First Monday Trade Days the weekend preceding our rally.

Graham has a large city square full of shops offering one-of-a-kind items and antiques. The Wildcatter Steakhouse & Blowout Saloon www.wildcatterranch.com/ (7 miles from Graham), 6062 Hwy 16 South, looks to be a fun and interesting place to eat. Reservations required: (940) 549-3555. Open Wednesday through Saturday, and Sunday for lunch (closing at 2:00PM).

Granbury “Where Texas History Lives” is a definitely a place to visit. Many of the buildings on the historic square are registered historic landmarks. The square is famous for its shops, and neat places to eat. It is going to be easy to spend a whole “free” afternoon in Granbury and have a nice dinner before returning to the RV Park.

Mineral Wells is just 16 miles from the RV Park and is where we can get our Super Wal-Mart “fix”.

We sincerely hope that you all will make every effort to attend the Bluebonnet Casita Rally, April 5-9, 2006. We are looking for volunteers. Please feel free to email us and tell us what your talent is or what you feel comfortable volunteering to do. Opportunities for volunteering include (but is not limited to) making name tags, musical instruments, bringing some small tasting cups for the wine tasting, something to put in the registration packet, and/or a door prize, etc. We look forward to seeing you there!! Stay tuned for further announcements and Tentative Agenda.

If you would like to arrive early, there will be a Kite flying festival the weekend before our event, April 1st and 2nd. Our special rates will apply for early arrival or late departures. The kite event will have admission fees, but they will be waived for those registered. A web page is being created for this world class event, and we will post the url when it is available.

Another feature of Mitchell's RV Resort is free wi-fi throughout the park!

We want to emphasize that everyone is welcome!

Old 11-30-2005, 11:08 AM   #3

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
I think we will try to get to this one . is there any one els thinking of going to the Bluebonnet Rally ? We were going to Pine Not but we went to pick up our bigfoot in N.M. hope to see a lot of you.
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2005, 10:45 AM   #4

Registry
New web page has been added for the Bluebonet Rally

http://www.bluebonnet.bradbev.com/

Tom Trostel
Old 01-11-2006, 04:11 AM   #5

Registry
The Bluebonnett Rally is only 3 months away .... so if you're going to be around north Texas in early April...... Tom Trostel
Old 01-31-2006, 10:26 PM   #6

Registry
Bluebonnet is coming soon! For registration forms and agenda of events go to the link below. Come join us in the fun. Tom Trostel

http://www.bluebonnet.bradbev.com/
Old 03-04-2006, 07:22 AM   #7
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Just a month away.

Looks like I might make this one!
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:20 PM   #8

Trailer: 17 ft 2005 Freedom Deluxe Casita
Looking forward to attending the Rally this year. Brad and Bev are doing a great job planning this rally. Hope to see all different kinds of Fiberglass attending as in the past.
Terrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:39 AM   #9

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Attached is the "Final"" agenda for the Texas Bluebonnet Casita Rally in Perrin, Texas scheduled for April 5-9.

This event is hosted by Casita owners but is open to all makes and models of RVs.

The agenda is in MS Word format. If you have problems reading it, let me know and I'll create a web page.

What are we planning?

Coffee Pot each morning,
Book Swap ongoing through out rally.
Egg Parade
Golf for those who want to play.
Potluck Dinner.
Bondfire weather permitting.
Horse Shoe tournament - Fred Daniels
Free time to visit area attractions
Wine Tasting - Susan Littke
Games
Traveling with Medications - Terry Littke
Travel Tips - Beverly Cottingham
RV Safety Presentations (two) Weight and Tire Safety - RV Safety Foundation
Swap Tables
Open Discussion Session - Brad Cottingham
Cookout
Music and Entertainment - Art & Karen Conner

Those of you who have not heard Art and Karen are in for a treat! Ask anyone who's seen them perform at other events.

Our Meeting Room is large enough for everyone to assemble and have a great time no matter what the outside weather is doing.

Please - Please, preregister as soon as possible so we can make up name tags in advance.

Click Here to Pre-Register

Click Here for Updated Agenda

See attached - Photo of Art and Karen.
Attached Thumbnails
art_karen.jpg  
BradBev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:52 PM   #10

Hello Everyone,

We look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks at the Bluebonnet Rally in Perrin.

I want you to be aware of a request from the RV resort:

Due to the discount the park is giving us, they request we not pay by credit card due to the charges by the bank companies. They will be happy to accept cash or personal checks, even out of state checks.

We just learned about the request this afternoon. The RV resort apologizes for the mis-communications, and is willing to work with anyone who will be adversely affected by this policy.

Mitchell RV resort is giving us an exceptional deal, the normal nightly fee is $24.50. Our rally rate is only $18.00 per night and they are not charging us for the meeting building which normally rents for $350 per day.

I hope this is not an inconvenience for anyone and I hope you understand the RV Resort's request.

Thanks,

Brad Cottingham
Old 03-23-2006, 09:41 PM   #11

OK you Horseshoe players, now is the time to show your stuff! Fred has volunteered to conduct our tournament at the Bluebonnet and it sounds like lots of fun. I may even give it a try but maybe I need to make sure my liability insurance is paid up just in case one of my wild throws hits someone. Also, make sure I've got my medical insurance card handy in case I injure myself.

Several people have mentioned they would like to see pictures of last year's event. Click Here to Access Last Year's Pictures!

We received a call today regarding my recent post advising that the previous host of the Bluebonnet had not passed along information to us about credit card acceptance at our upcoming event. She advises that she was not aware of this request by the RV resort. My previous post did not mean to imply that she was negligent in any way. I apologize for this misunderstanding and will edit my earlier post.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone in Perrin!

Brad
Old 04-10-2006, 02:38 PM   #12
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Brad and Bev did a great job putting this together. Last I heard there were 68 trailers, I think. There was a shiney, new looking Scamp 5er deluxe that I really wanted to see, but didn't quite make it. There was also a Bigfoot 5er and Tom and Martha Jo's Compact. There were lots of Casitas both new and old.

In spite of three days of 40 - 50 mph winds, it was a nice gathering. I met a bunch of great people. I remember all of the faces and most of the names, but please don't quiz me as to which belongs to which.

The good news is that I took my camera ... the bad news is that I was SO busy that I never took a picture.

Oh, well. I guess you're gonna just have to go and see for yourself next time.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote