2009 Washington State Get Together (2nd Annual) - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2008, 10:15 AM   #21

Trailer: 77 Scamp
I second the motion for this one.....its kind of in the middle for our canadian friends and our oregon friends...plus it said a fishing bridge so that automatically caught my attention...........

Quote:
One that comes to mind that we haven't been to in a number of years is Taidnapum Park. It's one of several campgrounds run by Tacoma Power. Here's a link http://www.ci.tacoma.wa.us/power/parksandp...dnapam_park.htm
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:29 AM   #22

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Quote:
I second the motion for this one.....its kind of in the middle for our canadian friends and our oregon friends...plus it said a fishing bridge so that automatically caught my attention...........
AND we also like this area........ L & C
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:00 AM   #23

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
The group site at Taidnapum park is sites 53-74... all full hookups except no sewer hookups for 71-74

If this place is considered I can drive there in an hr and try to get the group site reserved for a certain date... as I said before I will only be availble for spring meet the last week of May to first week in June....
Other wise there is the main park..... They are adding on 100 more hookup sites but thats not available right now....

I third vote Taidnapum.....
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:02 PM   #24

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Hi all,
While they all sound ok to me...hell, why wouldn't they, I'm retired! The scheduling snafu more so affects Brenda's schedule since she's a school district employee and as such, doesn't finish until around the end of June. But, she has given me "permission" to go by myself if she can't make it. It's just more fun with my sweetie, but I have "flown solo" before too.
Never been to Taidnapum, but did find it on the map. Sounds interesting, but so does Cape D on the coast. I could go either way, or anywhere else for that matter. For what its worth.
Greg
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:55 PM   #25

I say if we choose to go to Taidnapum what weekend is good?
May 29th to may 31
June 5th 7th.

I would proably come a day early or stay a day later anyways.... or could anyone else for that fact.
its right before school is out and sometimes the weather really isnt that bad...

Do we want the group site? i am not sure how to reserve for that but I can either drive out there to find out... Maybe a minium of 10 has to reserve or do we just reserve ourselves for those dates??
Old 11-15-2008, 03:11 PM   #26

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Well, I'm probably out for either of those weekends if it isn't close as I know I won't want to drive from California to Whidbey and turn around and take a long drive the next weekend (or so) and then again on the following weekend (which is already committed.)

Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:56 PM   #27

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
First, DATES:
Memorial Day weekend is a hellish weekend to travel, so I'm NOT looking at that. My 2009 calendar shows Memorial Day weekend as May 23/24/24, so that's OUT.

MAY 29/30/31 FRI/SAT/SUN is a pissobolity, as is...

JUNE 5/6/7 FRI/SAT/SUN an appealing weekend, so for the purposes of coming to some definitive conclusion on this endeavor, I'm going for that one: JUNE 5/6/7, and naturally some folk come early whatever dates we pick.

OK, that settled (?), now about PLACE:

Taidnapam Park - There seems to be a push to this park, owned by Tacoma Power.
http://www.ci.tacoma.wa.us/power/par...napam_park.htm

The only trouble is, when I go to their web site, it says
"The new campsites at Taidnapam Park are still under construction and won't be available this summer. Although they're not ready for camping yet, you'll see a new map on the reservation web site."

Now, did that mean LAST SUMMER, or does it mean THIS SUMMER. If it's this coming summer, then talking about Taidnapam Park is a moot point, isn't it?

Can someone tell us if it's available for the summer of 2009?
Thanks,
Sharen

HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:25 PM   #28

I doubt if the construction will be complete until 2009 or later. I am not sure where they are at in getting it done but I would be glad to find out.... As I said its just over an hrs drive away from me and i can go find out from someone and let ya know or call parks and rec..
If its nice tomarrow I might take a drive that way.....

Did you check out the 'group site'? put your curser on the lower middle that is across the street from the main camp loop....

http://www.camis.com/WA/camping/maps.asp?loc=232

5th 6th and 7th sound good also...
Old 11-15-2008, 07:41 PM   #29

Washington
Registry
Christy,
I clicked on your link to check it out and all the sites in the "group site area" when clicked on, say that they are not reservable. Am I correct in assuming that some special arrangements must be made with the Park's "powers-that-be" in order to book sites in that area, and if so, what are we supposed to do or who are we supposed to call to get that area?
Greg
Old 11-15-2008, 07:57 PM   #30

Greg.. i am working on that.... i think you do have to reserve it as a group.. i will find out sometime tomarrow hopefully and let you guys know...... I would be glad to call.... or like i said i will drive out there too

In my brochure its states that information and reservations is available in a separate Taidnapam park group camp information sheet and group camp reservation application. A minimum of 10 sties is required to reserve in the group camp....

If this is where we want to go. i will be more than glad to try to get that application for submission for June 5-6-7th...

I am just trying to see what people want... no way am i insisting on these dates or places. I realize that not all dates and times would be available to everyone....

If others have better ideas thats ok too.... ......
Old 11-16-2008, 10:34 AM   #31

June 5,6 7 work for me.......
Old 11-16-2008, 10:54 AM   #32

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Quote:
June 5,6 7 work for me.......
To the best of my Knowledge, that weekend is open for us also. L & C
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:18 PM   #33

Washington
Registry
Well, if it's "doable", whatever dates are available will work. The proposed June dates sound fine if its open to being reserved. Build it and they will come...
Greg
Old 11-16-2008, 01:59 PM   #34

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Hello Christi,
Since you're near the area of the Tacoma Power crampgrounds, let's take you up on your offer to TELEPHONE them early this week and get back to us. I wouldn't drive out there when a phone call would do. Based on their Web site, it looks like a nice area, with a lake (we likes lakes!) and trees.

A GROUP SITE could be fun, as long as it has power and water hookups, so I hope you will ask about that. And if not the group site, do they have up to 20 or so regular power/water hook-up sites that are in a single loop or near one another. If they aren't booked yet, we'd be in good shape. (Last fall we had about 12 sites, didn't we Greg F?)

I'm with others who like the June 5/6/7 weekend, and we'll go just about anywhere in WA state. Our state is staggeringly beautiful wherever we go, but towing a rig, it's nice to be somewhere that's reasonably central for all.

And Greg, I'm with you... "build it," er no, "book it" and they will come, especially if YOU'RE hosting the potluck! I'll bring the Ralph Lauren sheets... for tablecloths, naturally!!!

Christi, we look forward to news from you this week. And THANKS!

Cheers all,
Sharen

HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:21 PM   #35

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite (The TARDIS)
I took a look at a couple of the pics of the group site, and while it would be cool, it doesn't offer much in the way of atmosphere. It seems to be a large gravel parking lot. I think I would prefer a traditional site. It looks as though most of the sites are available for June 5,6,7 with the exception of the ones that include a sewer hookup. Those are all in a row along the lake side of the loop.
Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:11 PM   #36

Oh dear.. i just got home from there...
Wayne.. were you out there today???

I didnt think the group site was all that bad.. nice restrooms and kitchen area... but
i guess thats out right??? thought it would be nice to be in a group and be able to
meet under cover in that nice kitchen if it was raining? Oh well..

Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchen.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	16820

Name:	restrooms.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	16821

Name:	hookup_view_2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	16822
Old 11-16-2008, 09:50 PM   #37

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I didnt think the group site was all that bad.. nice restrooms and kitchen area...
Pictures can be deceiving Christi. I agree group campouts, even in gravel parking lots, can be fun... they're so totally different than camping by oneself. Maybe after this initial gathering, folks would be willing to make the next gathering in the group area I know everyone appreciate the effort you took to check it out

Check out the Valentines at DeRose group campout. It's not only in a gravel parking lot, there are no hookups at all. But those that attend have an absolutely great time.

Here's some pics from the archive, and further discussion: Valentine's at DeRose Winery, February 11-12, 2006
Looks like they had plenty of fun in a gravel parking lot to me!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:57 PM   #38

Thanks for driving out there!!!!!

Quote:
Oh dear.. i just got home from there...
Old 11-16-2008, 10:41 PM   #39

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite (The TARDIS)
[quote]Oh dear.. i just got home from there...

I didnt think the group site was all that bad.. nice restrooms and kitchen area... but
i guess thats out right??? thought it would be nice to be in a group and be able to
meet under cover in that nice kitchen if it was raining? Oh well..

Attachment 16820

Attachment 16821

Attachment 16822

I'm sorry Christi, I didn't mean to swoop in and steal your thunder. I wasn't out there, I was looking at the group camp pics that the reservation site has.
Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:03 AM   #40

Name: Chris & Maureen
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
Here is the list of campers so far...

Sharen & Simon #21
Paul & Norma #24
Donna #19
Brandy #22
Wayne & Mailie #13
Chris, Maureen & Megan #25
Greg #35
Peter (?) & Lynne #30

Here is the map with only our sites colored in red.

Name:	Taidnapam.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	16826

Maureen M. is offline   Reply With Quote