2009 Washington State Get Together - 2nd Annual - Page 10 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-18-2009, 11:11 AM   #181

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Quote:
You made an assumption that I had been invited to double and that was not the situation. A bit embarrassing Jim
Sorry Jim if I caused ANY embarrassment, ....I was only commenting my thoughts on ANY doubling up!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:59 AM   #182

Trailer: 13 ft Boler and 17 ft Boler
I just found out yesterday that I may be eligible for holidays in June. (Unless I get "bumped" by a more senior employee.)

If so I was thinking of heading to the gathering. If there are any cancellations please let me know.

Thank you.

Kevin Johnston
Calgary, Alberta
kevin61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:49 AM   #183

Trailer: 13 ft Boler and 17 ft Boler
Quote:
I just found out yesterday that I may be eligible for holidays in June. (Unless I get "bumped" by a more senior employee.)

If so I was thinking of heading to the gathering. If there are any cancellations please let me know.

Thank you.

Kevin Johnston
Calgary, Alberta

I managed to book site 38 for the 4th and 5th. I will play it by ear for the 6'th, hopefully something will come up. Otherwise its onward to the Oregon coast.
kevin61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:04 AM   #184

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Good for you Kevin.. glad you found a spot...
I am still curious to know if the new part is available.. anyone know?
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:24 AM   #185

i gonna answer my question... No the new part wont be open this summer? bummer!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:20 AM   #186

Registry
Christi, I have a question for you about the park or at least the area around it.
Would you happen to know IF this area is prone to windy conditions??
Reason why I ask is that I'd like to know in advance (if possible) if I should bring one of my kites.
....would be a bonus to know whether or not if I should 'Go Fly My Kite' or not!!
P.S. ...this a serious inquirey, LOL!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 03:54 PM   #187

doug.. up the road from the park is an area that would be great for Kite flying.. usually, there is somekind of wind.... Off of Dog Moutain is where they fly off with those big kite things.. i can rmember what its called.... Not base jumping...
Old 03-24-2009, 09:31 PM   #188

Registry
........hang gliding, para~sailing etc !!!

Thanks for the heads up Christi, m'thinks I'll pack one of my mid sized single line kites.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:00 AM   #189

Trailer: 72 Tote n Tarry 13 ft
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up Christi, m'thinks I'll pack one of my mid sized single line kites.

WOW Doug!! It's great to hear there is a kite flyer in the group. Charlie and I also love to fly and plan our vacation around the Kite Festival in Long Beach, WA every Aug. Have you made that event? A truely spectacular time! We too will bring a couple of good ole standbys.

Paula
Paula H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:08 AM   #190

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
I may have my site available. I have mandatory training the following week, and I am not sure if both will be a possiblity. If anyone is interested...pm me.

Pam
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #191

Registry
Quote:

WOW Doug!! It's great to hear there is a kite flyer in the group. Charlie and I also love to fly and plan our vacation around the Kite Festival in Long Beach, WA every Aug. Have you made that event? A truely spectacular time! We too will bring a couple of good ole standbys.

Paula
Paula, nope never taken in the L.B. fest but have attended MANY of the 'Run To The End Of The World' rod runs there plus the Seaside events. The events at Seaside have also allowed time to view some of the local kite shops 'speciality kites' in use plus other 'public' fliers. WOW!!

Alas, the Trailer Goddess does NOT share in this relaxing pastime, so I get my few 'flights' in at the (very)few times WE aren't busy doing something else collectively!!
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2009, 06:50 AM   #192

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
I was looking for geocaches for this vicinity but couldn't seem to find any. Here are the coordinates for Taidnapam Park‎ for anyone who may be interested. We may have to leave one or two..

N 46° 32.389 W 122° 05.747
Time K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:12 AM   #193

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Pam,
If you still have your spot up for grabs, I think I would love to buy it from you. I'm away from a computer most of this weekend (birthday weekend at the spectacular Oregon Gardens!!!). You could always call me on my cell#503-312-5665 and let me know. I'm very dependable and would pay promptly!
Thanks for putting it up on the site. Sorry, you couldn't make it.
BB

Quote:
I may have my site available. I have mandatory training the following week, and I am not sure if both will be a possiblity. If anyone is interested...pm me.

Pam
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #194

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
I was looking for geocaches for this vicinity but couldn't seem to find any. Here are the coordinates for Taidnapam Park‎ for anyone who may be interested. We may have to leave one or two..

We geocache too. May just have to go out and find a few in the area.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:31 PM   #195

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:

I see several within about 8 miles on geocaching.com. I like your suggestion of creating one. We could call it the "egg" cache.. Maybe seed it with egg type objects. I have an ammo box we could use but it would be better if we could find some kind of sealable egg container.

Here is the link to the sites: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.asp...656&dist=25

Dave
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #196

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I have an ammo box we could use but it would be better if we could find some kind of sealable egg container.
Easter is coming, there's plenty of plastic Easter eggs now. Get a big Ostrich sized one... and Duct Tape it closed. If that's not plastic trailer egg-ish, I'm not sure what is
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:55 PM   #197

Registry
Quote:
Easter is coming, there's plenty of plastic Easter eggs now. Get a big Ostrich sized one... and Duct Tape it closed. If that's not plastic trailer egg-ish, I'm not sure what is
Enquireing mind(s)?? need ta know, does this fall unner the 'conceiled weapons' act???
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2009, 07:59 AM   #198

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
Hi Dave and other geocashers, good idea...let's put our heads together before we leave, via pm. I narrowed my search down to within a mile, only because an 8 mile radius on foot is a bit too far for our family.
Time K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:20 AM   #199

Registry
Bumping this thread back up to the top of the board with a l'il bad news.....

It seems the Trailer Goddess n I will have to back out of our commitment of attendance. It now seems that we will probably be in the middle (muddle??) of a move off the hill here in Iron Mountain and headed Westward in towards civilization... Gee I'll even be able to order food delivered in, novel idea that!!!

SO, is there any interest in someone getting our site (BEFORE I call the park to cancel our reservations)??? We had planned to make a mini-Escape (no free advertisement intended for Reace....) of this event. Our occupancy dates are Wednesday, June 3rd, departing there Tuesday, June 9th.
We thought best to post this here and give some other Egger a shot at the site (#18) instead of just cancelling the reservation and have some 'stickie' invade our/your midst!! Anyone interested? I'm not at all sure how to deal with this kind of situaton as we have never had to back out of a C.C. (Camping Commitment, LOL)
Old 04-13-2009, 11:40 PM   #200

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Sandy and I will not be able to attend this year's WA gathering, but I have stitched together a few photos of last year's gathering at Grayland Beach Park, specifically the potluck dinner. It is a stitched panorama view of slightly less than 1 MB. If you would like it, someone tell me how to upload it to this forum or send me an email address that I can upload it to.

Mike
Mike Price is offline   Reply With Quote