2009 Washington State Get Together - 2nd Annual - Page 12 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-13-2009, 01:40 PM   #221

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Ian-Vicki,
Google Maps doesn't appear to recognize Taidnapum Park, but it is physically located at the eastern end of Riffe Lake off Hwy 12. Zoom in on this area and look for Kosmos Road, and then Champion Hall Road. It would be approximately at the end of what Google Maps shows to be the south end of Champion Hall Road, (but it really isn't the end.) Fortunately, there will be signs on the "real" road though, so not to worry.

Greg
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #222

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Thanks to you both. Even a Canuck should be able to find it now.
See ya there. (Lemee see, 6.2 miles equals 10 kilometres . . . . .)
cheers
Ian
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:34 PM   #223

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Jim and I are having to cancel from attending........

We have site 51 and I will be canceling this site tomorrow morning... (Friday 5/15)...
Our reservation was for 4 nights ... June 4 checking out June 8..

I will phone to cancel at 10:00 A.M. -- If anyone wants this site, call ASAP after 10:00.

We know this will be a fun rally, and we are sorry to have to cancel...

......... This space is now available. We canceled 10:04 5/15 ............
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:39 PM   #224

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Ahhh bummer, Carol and Jim. Was looking forward to seeing you again, it's been a loooong time. Guess we'll just look forward to that in the future!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:43 PM   #225

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe

Hi Donna

We're sorry too. How about you coming to our Lake Casitas rally in October .. Oct 29 - Nov 2. Everyone's invited to join us.
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:45 PM   #226

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
It's on my "Bucket List," Carol.... can't wait to be retired (okay, so it's a few years yet), then look out! I plan to attend as many fiberglass gatherings as possible. I want to meet, or reconnect, with people I've met here on FiberglassRV.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #227

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
We'll be coming from north of Seattle, driving south through Tacoma. According to the map, we can shave a buncha miles off this trip if we take Hwy 7 to Morton, and then to Taidnapum, rather than taking the I-5 all the way to the 12-East.

Does anyone know what kind of drive Hwy 7 is? Is it simply faster to say on the INterstate and make that big elbow drive, rather than directly south from Tacoma on the 7? OK, I am going to turn on the satelite feature at Mapquest and look at the terrain.

Thanks,
Sharen
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:14 PM   #228

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Quote:
We'll be coming from north of Seattle, driving south through Tacoma. According to the map, we can shave a buncha miles off this trip if we take Hwy 7 to Morton, and then to Taidnapum, rather than taking the I-5 all the way to the 12-East.

Does anyone know what kind of drive Hwy 7 is? Is it simply faster to say on the INterstate and make that big elbow drive, rather than directly south from Tacoma on the 7? OK, I am going to turn on the satelite feature at Mapquest and look at the terrain.

Thanks,
Sharen
Sharen--- if you are trying to save time (and fuel) in a word--- DON'T!. From where you get on SR7 at the Tacoma Dome, it is a stop light about every four blocks until the Roy "Y" (SR 507). Then it is mostly two lane highway, with a few passing lanes the rest of the way. Very scenic if you like to see hills and curves and logging trucks and...... I would guess about an hour longer. (as long as you run I-5 on non-rush hours) Larry
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:58 AM   #229

Registry
Hi Sharen,
I disagree with a part of Larry & Carrie's statement about the HWY 7 route to Taidnapum. I have driven this route many times, as this is the "main route" from our area to Mt. Rainier, except that you'll be turning right (south) towards Morton, instead of entering the park a few miles ahead if you went straight. It is a significantly shorter distance, and I haven't found the traffic to be any worse (heavier or slower) than any other place I've driven. The only part I agree with L & C on is the part of HWY 7 near the Tacoma Dome. I avoid that area myself. I would suggest continuing south on I-5 to the HWY 512 exit. Exit and proceed east on HWY 512 for a couple of miles to the HWY 7 south exit. True, there are a number of light-controlled intersections to contend with for a few miles, but traffic flows pretty good despite this fact. This route cuts more than 50 miles off the trip each way.
It is also the way I'll be going down myself.

P.S. Hey everybody. Be sure to bring lots of money to buy all the wonderful garage sale items I'll be bringing down for our "swap meet". Just cleaned out my garage and I have a lot of new, or practically new, items which I'll be offering at greatly discounted prices. No junk here, all top quality stuff, most of which I bought before I got the trailer (in anticipation) and found that I didn't need or use. Stuff like a brand new-in-the-box custom Casita trailer cover which I paid over $550 bucks for, as an example, (of course after I bought it I had a metal carport built to cover my driveway, so it's never been out of the box). I don't want to bring any of it back home, so make me some good offers and you will definitely save some major buckaroos on some quality items. I hope you all bring your "unused treasures" down too. It should be a lot of fun. I know that Barb B. is definitely looking forward to the swap meet...and I know somebody else that can't resist a garage sale who will be there too, (but that will be our secret Sharen!)
Old 05-21-2009, 10:06 AM   #230

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Good point Greg---- after I had posted, I thought of the option of 512.... I just get shudders every time I think of running SR7/"Old Mountain Hiway"/Pacific Street with a trailer and remember the time I had a semi with a 43 foot trailer on it as a kid..... Larry
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:34 AM   #231

Greg, I am soooo glad I asked about the driving... we shall take your advice. MANY THANKS, and btw, for the rest of you, Greg and I met for the first time last year at GRayland (1st Annual) and learned we'd both graduated the same high school 3000 miles way back East yonks and yonks ago. But Greg is a tad, er, younger'n me!

OK, now on with the WEEKEND PROGRAM... I am so glad Donna is coming and she's well-explained the traditional FRIDAY NIGHT OPENER (ha! love the double entendre)... beer exchange. Do I understand that will be at Donna's crampfire? 7pm

That brings us to SATURDAY, and this morning I've gone through every dang post to this thread and can't find anything about SATURDAY. Chuck & Deb have nudged me... So, here goes:

SATURDAY NIGHT POTLUCK

YES, what would a gathering be without a SATURDAY NIGHT POTLUCK. Begins 6pm... PLACE? Well, not knowing the lay of the land, I'd suggest GREG FINKE'S CRAMPSITE!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA... why break with tradition! I'll bring the tablecloths, everyone bring the following:

- your own plates and eating utensils
- a dish of some kind that feeds about 8, that you will share. With a group this large, the savories, veggies, and sweets generally work out. We shall bring a savory sausage dish of some sort... and likely I shall bake a DO cake as well.
- bring your own beverages
- some spare firewood for the fire is nice
- lawn chairs
- portable tables for the food set-up

Have I covered everything? Easy-ups??? OH, OK, those easy-ups... in case of rain. INSURANCE.

"CRAMPSIDE GARAGE SALE" - Likely what Greg has in mind is a "24/7 sale!" Stop by his place day or night and yell, "DEAL OR NO DEAL!!!"

SHAREN'S ANNUAL BOOK EXCHANGE - I'll set up a table for a book exchange. Please, good books only, not the mildewed, torn or raggy stuff. Bonus points for current best-sellers!

We look forward to this gathering, and hope to clone this Memorial Day weekend WOO HOO WEATHER to our June 4/5/6/7 gathering. Way to go everyone - love YOUR enthusiasm expressed on this board for this gig. Greg Finke, see what you started! Good job. (And, yes, I caught that "secret" garage-saler -har har har... you just better have something good for me in that STUFF you're bringing... brand new Casita cover, hmmmmmm??? tempting!)

Happy weekend all, and a special SHOUT OUT of gratitude to our Veterans...

(For all of you, here is a pix of our bloomin' red rhoddie bush out back of our Whidbey Island home.)

PEACE,
Sharen
Attached Thumbnails
A_redrhoddies.JPG  
Old 05-22-2009, 10:42 AM   #232

Quote:
Hi Sharen,
I would suggest continuing south on I-5 to the HWY 512 exit. Exit and proceed east on HWY 512 for a couple of miles to the HWY 7 south exit. True, there are a number of light-controlled intersections to contend with for a few miles, but traffic flows pretty good despite this fact. This route cuts more than 50 miles off the trip each way.
It is also the way I'll be going down myself.
MANY THANKS Greg. We shall take your advice and go your route. We'll be driving down on Thursday, NOT during rush hour, so it should work for us.
Cheerios,
Sharen
Old 05-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #233

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Mike T and I have been planning a geocaching event that we can do Saturday afternoon with a prize presented at the potluck. Those of you that have a hand-held GPS, bring them and join the fun. Yes, it will have an "egg" theme.

Dave Fish
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:25 PM   #234

Registry
Hi Sharen, and the rest of you all too,

re: Saturday Night Potluck:

I certainly don't mind if the pot luck is held at my site again, but I would like to suggest that it might be logistically easier to set it up in a more centralized campsite location. My spot is kinda on the "fringe" this year, and it just might be closer and easier for everyone if it were to be held somewhere a bit more centrally located in the loop. Since there is only one "real" picnic table at each site, I'm sure we'll have to carry over more tables from a few adjoining sites (like we did last year), so that we'll have enough room for the food and stuff. A couple of close-together sites would mean less distance to lug these heavy things to and from. Just a suggestion.

Go Clarkstown Rams! (lol)

Click image for larger version

Name:	13.gif
Views:	12
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	20422

Greg
Old 05-22-2009, 08:11 PM   #235

Quote:
Hi Sharen, and the rest of you all too,
[b]
re: Saturday Night Potluck:

I certainly don't mind if the pot luck is held at my site again, but I would like to suggest that it might be logistically easier to set it up in a more centralized campsite location. My spot is kinda on the "fringe" this year, and it just might be closer and easier for everyone if it were to be held somewhere a bit more centrally located in the loop. Since there is only one "real" picnic table at each site, I'm sure we'll have to carry over more tables from a few adjoining sites (like we did last year), so that we'll have enough room for the food and stuff. A couple of close-together sites would mean less distance to lug these heavy things to and from. Just a suggestion.

Go Clarkstown Rams! (lol)

Attachment 20422

Greg
LOL
Yeah, sure... wherever.
xo
S
Old 05-22-2009, 11:34 PM   #236

Trailer: 1987 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Maureen and I are offering site 28 for the Saturday night potluck. We will be updating the list over the weekend with all the changes and cancellations. Although we have never been to this park, this site looked more "open" according to the on-line photos. Thanks to Sharen for getting us all organized.
Chris

Maureen M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:16 AM   #237

Trailer: Boler
Make your trailer shiny. I will be at the Washington Gathering filming for the fiberglass trailer documentary.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=35360

Please bring your old car/truck if you have one. Also please bring any literature about 1970s trailers if you have it. Thanks for your help.

I am not sure who the organizer of this event is. If you know who it is please contact me.
Matt, H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:00 PM   #238

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Quote:
Make your trailer shiny. I will be at the Washington Gathering filming for the fiberglass trailer documentary.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=35360

Please bring your old car/truck if you have one. Also please bring any literature about 1970s trailers if you have it. Thanks for your help.

I am not sure who the organizer of this event is. If you know who it is please contact me.
SHEECH Matt, if I'd known you were eying old cars, at the Fort meet we'da brought our '37 Plymouth!!
Attached Thumbnails
plymouth_n_trailer6.jpg  
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:53 AM   #239

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Greg and ALL other campers!!!!

Can't wait to have our mini or MAXI (depending on whether all my other trailer trash friends bring their used clothes, books, nick-nacks, furniture, etc) down to this meet.

I am excited to make the rounds to see what everyone has for sale.
This is a really FUN idea.
Now, Simon, Sharen and I won't have to go all the way into to TOWN to find really neat new STUFF to buy and bring home!!!!
Please feed our HABIT!
We'll even pay you to feed our addiction!!!

Barbara
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #240

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
I have a few things I removed from my Scamp during its remodel that someone might be interested in. If you're going to the Washington State Gathering and would like any of these things please let me know and I'll bring them along.

* Sink: 13"x16" single-bowl
* Upper Cabinets: 36" Right and left side upper cabinets (fit ceiling curves for Scamp)
* Kitchen faucet with hot & cold taps.
* 24"x30" MDF table top (single-leg table fits "U" shaped dinette conversion)
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote