2009 Washington State Get Together - 2nd Annual - Page 14 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #261

Trailer: 77 Scamp
Quote:
Don't know about GPS, but here's the directions: Getting to the park!

On edit: does this help?
Taidnapam Park

Latitude: N 46 28 06.2
Longitude: W 122 09 51.2
thank you!!
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #262

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
Question: Does anyone besides us use gmrs radios? Can we establish a common channel to be on once there, if it helps at all? Just wondering?

Mike T
Time K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:42 PM   #263

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking

Just a note to those coming: Just got in from the back yard finishing some things up before leaving tomorrow and with the heavy rain we had 2 wks ago and the heat we are having now, we have mosquitos!! So bring the OFF! and see you tomorrow.

No Moose Drool. I found a six-pack of Leinenkugel's.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:58 PM   #264

Trailer: 1974 Boler and 1988 Bigfoot
Quote:
Just a note to those coming: Just got in from the back yard finishing some things up before leaving tomorrow and with the heavy rain we had 2 wks ago and the heat we are having now, we have mosquitos!! So bring the OFF! and see you tomorrow.

No Moose Drool. I found a six-pack of Leinenugel's.
Hi I was at the fort meet I know I cant get into camp but can people just come buy to visit as I see you had to register along time ago , RICK and THE BC BIGFOOT
Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:45 AM   #265

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking

Rick, there are several campgrounds nearby that may have room... Then you could 'commute'.

It looks like there are sites available at Mossyrock. You probably want to use a Tacoma Utilities park because of the relationship...

https://secure.camis.com/wa/

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:54 AM   #266

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
" OK, to summarize the fun packed activities, here is what I culled from the various posts:....
Was anything missed or needs to be added?"

THURSDAY NIGHT: (unofficial activity)

Hey, Thursday is my BIRTHDAY !! (A "milestone" one at that!)

I warned my camping buddy Karen L. to get me a cupcake with a candle; we'll see if she pulls through. At any rate, feel free to STOP BY sites 26 & 27 (they are connected) to wish me "Happy Birthday"! Karen is very social and would love the company, and I'm not so social but love positive attention. No party, treats, or anything else is planned---spontanaety (if I could spell it) is the word!

Cory Hilby
'72 Compact Jr. 12'

(Karen has a 70's Burro)

Name:   clip_art_birthday_cake__free_.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  4.6 KB
Cory Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:07 AM   #267

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Hi I was at the fort meet I know I cant get into camp but can people just come buy to visit as I see you had to register along time ago , RICK and THE BC BIGFOOT
Rick, Chris posted this info earlier in this topic:
"Start spreading the news...

It looks like Tacoma Power has opened the new section of the camp ground and are taking reservations. I don't know how close these sites are to our main circle, but if you know of others wanting to join our bash here is a link to see what is available. Remember to change the arrival date, nights and equipment type to get the latest update.

https://secure.camis.com/WA/Taidnapam-Tacom...107&200-288

Chris"

So, there's plenty of room in the park
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:58 AM   #268

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
We were planning on leaving tomorrow morning and arriving in the afternoon. We may leave tonight and stop along the way somewhere.

I have noticed "check in" is 14:30 does anyone one know if that is hard n fast or could we slip in around noon without problems?
Time K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #269

Mike I would imagine the big factor is if the site you're booked into has been vacated. I've never, ever had a problem showing up a bit early. However, if I can't get in... I'll park where they tell me to, grab my lawn chair and go visit with someone who showed up the day before!

I'm leaving Portland in about 45 minutes, see you tomorrow!
Old 06-07-2009, 08:47 PM   #270

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
ANOTHER great time was had by ALL, and especially by ME and my little baby Compact II! I love seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I really like all the modifications and help that everyone shares with everyone else.
I can't wait to start fixing mine up!
Keep the Washington meets coming at us, Greg!
Love that red hair, and positive VIBES! Keep that comin', as well!!!
See you guys next year (and some of you, a Hell of a LOT SOONER! Ya-Ba-Da-BA!
Barbara
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #271

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Ditto Barbara... Sharen & Simon here, echoing Barbara's remarks. We LOVED Taidnapam, and enjoyed each and every day. There's never enough time or energy to do everything or see everyone, but what we did we enjoyed with abandon. And thanks to Greg Finke, the Big Kahuna organizer, we also came home with the deal of the decade, a brandy new Casita cover for pennies on the buck.

Here's my Picaso web album site LINK for happy snaps of the gathering. There are pixs here of Dave on his Segway, Barbara in a Yoda mask, Greg, and potluck gathering, so YOU may be in it.

We'll be sending Taidnapam park authorities a few happy snaps, and a special appreciative SHOUT OUT to park staff, MaryAnne, who left rhoddies in the restrooms AND free newspapers at our sites. Gotta love staff like that. She was our dream hostess.

If you're on Facebook, look me up: SharEn Heath - that's Sharen with an E - lots of cramping pix on my FB pages.

Cheers all!
God willing and the crick don't rise, we'll see you again in the fall at Stub Stewart, if not sooner!
Be well,
Sharen

http://picasaweb.google.com/HEATHGAL/CRAMP...TAIDNAPAM_2009#
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:01 PM   #272

oooh me too, me too.... had a wonderful time. Beautiful park and great camp mates. The weather could have been a bit better, but can't really complain it didn't drown us out and the weather wasn't really, really cold at night.

Mucho thanks to those that worked on the organization... or not organization

BUT, note to self.... pack more sweatshirts and warm clothes... after all it IS only June in the Pacific NorthWET.

BTW group.... I found my house keys! Everything is okey-dokey.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:07 AM   #273

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Thanks for all the kudos gang. Glad everyone had a good time. I too wish that the weather could have been a little bit sunnier, but we didn't take too much of a beating out there. I've never been to a park that had fresh cut flowers in vases, in the Men's Rooms even, no less! Spotlessly clean too. Friendly park staff and wonderful facilities. Looking forward to going back again, checking out the "new" side next time. All brand new facilities and a group area if we wish to use it.

I would like to thank everyone for coming, and especially I'd like to thank Donna for hosting our friday nite beer exchange and to Chris & Maureen for graciously hosting our saturday nite pot-luck dinner.

Wonderful friends, wonderful food, wonderful facilities, wonderful time. Did I say mention how wonderful I thought it was?

Greg
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:43 PM   #274

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite / Suburban
Quote:
BTW group.... I found my house keys!
Ok, where were they? Or is it a secret?
We could make it a 20 questions game!
It's almost always somewhere obvious, right?
My guess is: in a cubbyhole in the console of you car.

Seriously tho, Wayne & I had a great time. Love that campground. Flowers in the privvy is my idea of glam.

Had some great girl talk round the fire thanks to hubby going to bed early. Gonna have to continue that tradition.

See you all in Bandon!
Mailie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #275

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
.....Had some great girl talk round the fire

Mailie, Ya just can't buy that kind of therapy...

We had a really great trip, but there is NEVER enough time.

Hey Donna, it must be all that good, clean living you do! GREAT NEWS!

See you all again friends!
xo
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:15 PM   #276

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
We also loved the park, getting to see old friends and meeting new ones! Thanks, everyone, who helped make it a great gathering. Thanks for sharing the great photos, Sharen. I agree....flowers in the spotlessly clean bathrooms were really a nice touch!
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #277

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Today, from Park Authorities -->

Sharen, Simon and the whole camping group,
Thank you for sharing your appreciation for our employee MaryAnne and the flowers, free newspapers and clean bathrooms at Taidnapam Park!

I gladly passed on your message to the park supervisors, employees and the managers who oversee our parks and hydroelectric projects. We're happy to know that you had an outstanding camping experience. It's very satisfying for park employees to hear your specific feedback.

Thanks for camping with us, taking the time to complete our online survey and extending an additional thank you. We look forward to your next visit at Taidnapam Park or any of our other parks!

Pam Hefley | Tacoma Power Parks
Reservations: 1-888-CAMPOUT (226-7688)
www.tacomapower.com/parks
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #278

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
We also had a great time and really liked the park. Here is a link to pictures of most of the trailers.

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/Al..._NAME=comcast2/

Dave (AKA RoadRunner)
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:52 PM   #279

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Widebody Burro
Quote:
We also had a great time and really liked the park. Here is a link to pictures of most of the trailers.

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/Al..._NAME=comcast2/

Dave (AKA RoadRunner)
Dave - I'm SO GLAD you like your new nickname! Now, if you will just practice saying "Beep! Beep!" while sticking out your tongue, you will be all set for our next gathering!

Adonna
Adonna & Bob Roelke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:56 PM   #280

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Widebody Burro
Sharen -- Thank you so much for going the extra mile to write a note to the Taidnapam Park people about MaryAnne, on behalf of the group. She certainly was the best park employee I've met, and she always had a big smile, too. Next time let's invite her to the potluck, to show our appreciation!
Adonna & Bob Roelke is offline   Reply With Quote