2009 Washington State Get Together - 2nd Annual - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #141

Trailer: 72 Tote n Tarry 13 ft
Hi All, I just booked site 46. It was listed as a 40' van/camper site so I hope they won't mind if our van has a Tote & Tarry attached to it. We're only 32' total. This will be our first outing and we're looking forward to meet other campers.

Paula
Paula H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:08 PM   #142

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Hi All, I just booked site 46. It was listed as a 40' van/camper site so I hope they won't mind if our van has a Tote & Tarry attached to it. We're only 32' total. This will be our first outing and we're looking forward to meet other campers.

Paula
Cool a Tote 'n Tarry! I've only seen one. Belongs to Dot & Larry.... I think they live in the Olympia area. Haven't seen them around for a while. Gotta remember to bring my camera!

Paula
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #143

Thanks for the welcome!

We bought our Tote last spring and started some interior remodel. This will be great incentive to to finish it up. The exterior is next year.

Did I read about a pot luck??

Paula
Old 02-25-2009, 11:43 AM   #144

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
Quote:
. . . We bought our Tote last spring and started some interior remodel. This will be great incentive to to finish it up . . .
Fiberglass trailer folk are always looking for ideas on how they can make their little trailers just a little bit better, so whenever we get together at a gathering we'll often ask each other if we can poke our noses inside each others trailers and have a look around. (Don't worry, no one will be offended if you say "no.") So each of the fiberglass gatherings seem to be an incentive to finish up one project or another in our trailer. This year we've decided to install new counter tops and a double-bowl sink, but I'm gonna run out of projects soon . . .

Which is why we have a second trailer that Lynne is just itching to get started on!
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #145

We love our little trailer and want everyone else to enjoy it too, so all are always welcome. New ideas are also great especially on insulation. The trailer may have had some at one time, but the past owners have taken it out and now we're just a sweaty egg. What to do, rug, foam......???
Old 02-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #146

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Quote:
The gatherings that have been the most fun for us included outings nearby. We do enjoy the camaraderie at the campgrounds, but in combination with an outing or two. For example, while we were at the Silver Falls NOG, we enjoyed touring the Frank Lloyd Write House with other FGRVers, and we had fun hiking to see the beautiful falls. We also enjoyed touring the lighthouse and shopping around Coos Bay and Bandon while at the Bullards Beach gathering.

Maureen & Chris

Not to mention the delicious CLAM CHOWDER you STOLE from us in Grayland!
You rascals!!!

Like Chris & Maureen, Simon and I enjoy experiencing different places. We LOVE crampgrounds that have places of interest (a nice tavern or brew pub, er, comes to mind) nearby. Yes, that Frank Lloyd Wright home was the icing on the cramping cake. We also love Saturday morning Garage SAles (Yo! Barb), and would love to return to Grayland (wonderful park accomodations), expecially on their annual Garage Sale weekend. Anyone know when it is this year? Maybe we'll try to snag a site.

That said, we're also easy-going and tolerant of just about anything with the exception of too much concrete. Our primary reason for cramping is get outta our native habitat and to have fun with all of you... the Dutch Oven thing is a definite grabber.

Say, Maureen, how about a Dutch Oven clam chowder cook-off??? hahahaaha

Cheers all,
Sharen
ps Here's a pix of True & Keeper... we were awaiting the ferry at Friday Harbor on Valentine's Day weekend, sans cramper - sometimes motel rooms are NICE!
Attached Thumbnails
A_SMALL_FILE_KEEPERTRUE.JPG  
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:40 PM   #147

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Quote:
expecially on their annual Garage Sale weekend. Anyone know when it is this year?
September 19 & 20
Local Area 30 MILES OF JUNQUE - From Tokeland to Westport and Ocosta, Garage Sales Galore.

heres also their calendar of events:

http://www.westportgrayland-chamber.org/calendar.htm

I am scheduled there for Aug 9-13th but nothing going on at that time....
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:54 PM   #148

Quote:
September 19 & 20
Local Area 30 MILES OF JUNQUE - From Tokeland to Westport and Ocosta, Garage Sales Galore.

heres also their calendar of events:

http://www.westportgrayland-chamber.org/calendar.htm

I am scheduled there for Aug 9-13th but nothing going on at that time....
Thanks Christi!
I simultaneously found the same info. LOVE the time of year: post back-to-school, still nice at the beach... Let me check the board for competing schedules, and if there's nothing in the PNW, I might start something. 30 bleepin miles of garage sales, woo hoo!!! I could get sick on all that excitement.

Sharen
Old 02-25-2009, 07:05 PM   #149

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Sharen, that being said, when theTrailer Goddess an I FINALLY sell the estate can I call you guys to come look see if theres anything you might 'need' to add to your collection????
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #150

Quote:
Sharen, that being said, when theTrailer Goddess an I FINALLY sell the estate can I call you guys to come look see if theres anything you might 'need' to add to your collection????
Haha!
We TRY (and realiably fail) to haul OUT an amount equal to what we haul IN on these garage sale forrays! Still, it's the thrill of the hunt and the adrenalin rush enjoyed when we score "big" that keep us going.

BTW, with respect to KOAs, Simon and I have stayed in a few, but by and large we experience them as way too over-managed, with sites cramped too close together, too much pavement, little privacy and the incessant ol' foggy-driving golfcart ringing a bell and announcing that Bingo will begin promptly at 7pm! Not our cuppa tea! We like bugs.

And if'n you're hearing stories about a big blizzard up here today, it's all over. Sun's shining and the snow's disappeared, at least on Whidbey Island.

Cheers,
Sharen
Old 02-26-2009, 04:46 PM   #151

Registry
Sharen here's a quick look at the KOA (July 4th weekend) in Lynden (WA.) KOA!
Attached Thumbnails
July_1st_Lynden_KOA_4.jpg  
Old 02-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #152

Quote:
Sharen here's a quick look at the KOA (July 4th weekend) in Lynden (WA.) KOA!
NICE!
And I especially like the potted petunias! TG's touch, or is Mr TG the gardner?

xo s
Old 02-27-2009, 06:41 PM   #153

Registry
"Fleures" were/ARE always the Old Farts (Thad'd be MOI!!) doing.
I like to have some sort of arrangement usually on the dinner table. This camping event was in celeberation of July 4th (thus the Red, White n Blue flowers, didja cheque out the FLAGs??) plus our 19th wedding Anniversary!
Old 02-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #154

Quote:
"Fleures" were/ARE always the Old Farts (Thad'd be MOI!!) doing.
I like to have some sort of arrangement usually on the dinner table. This camping event was in celeberation of July 4th (thus the Red, White n Blue flowers, didja cheque out the FLAGs??) plus our 19th wedding Anniversary!
Doug, you are IMPRESSIN' THE HECK outta me... You're A KEEPER, fer sure.
xo
Sharen
Old 02-28-2009, 10:25 PM   #155

Registry
Watch for a personal message/email Sharen, can't pirate this thread any longer.....
Old 03-02-2009, 10:50 AM   #156

My husband, Charlie, and I drove down to the campgrounds this weekend to see what condition it was in after all the flooding they had in the area. I'm glad to report there was no flooding there and it's all cleaned up and tidy for camping. The new sites look like they're almost ready to open. Lots of trees but a little bare between. Perhaps they'll do some replanting.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:35 PM   #157

Registry
Thanks for that update Paula, I WAS most concerned (seemed no one else was though, LOL!!).
Old 03-03-2009, 10:42 AM   #158

We too became concerned after seeing the Lake Schafer St Park around Montesano. It's almost completely gone, including the roads. What the river didn't wash away, it covered in mud, gravel, and river debris. We were most happy to see Taidnapam untouched! Bring on the marshmellows.............

Paula
Old 03-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #159

Trailer: 1987 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Quote:
Not to mention the delicious CLAM CHOWDER you STOLE from us in Grayland!
You rascals!!!
Oh, Sharen, that CHOWDER was SO delicious! That was SO nice of you to let us all know about Merinos Seafood Market. So have you scoped out the most fabulous local fare near Taidnapam yet? Do tell! Not that we would try to beat you to it again or anything...

But seriously, you are one of the main reasons we all had such a great time at the First Annual event! You managed to organize a FABULOUS potluck when none of us had even thought that far. That is, once Greg and his lovely wife got over the shock that we had all invited ourselves over to their site for the potluck!

We're looking forward to seeing you at the Second Annual. Now please be sure to let us know what's not to be missed in the Taidnapam area....

Maureen
Maureen M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:13 AM   #160

Hi Maureen,
Yes, I shall have to scope out attractions in the Taidnapam region, and then KEEP THEM CLOSE TO MY CHEST! hahahahaha a

Doing the pre-event regional research is part of our anticipatory fun... let's see what attractions we come up with. If you and the family ever visit Whidbey Island, we have a couple of wonderful soup-kitchens over here. Our faves are tomato w/basil, butternut squash, and Italian wedding w/meatballs...

On a serious note, for WA State crampers, we've heard word of the POTENTIAL CLOSURES of some of our state parks due to buget issues and the economy. Here on Whidbey they've mentioned Ft Casey - the wonderful park with Keystone ferry-side crampgrounds, and Ft Ebey = both small but staggeringly pretty waterview state parks. (I'll post a pix of Ft Casey's campgrounds below.)

I urge everyone to pay attention to the issue with regard to WA State parks in your own areas. Look for articles in your local newspapers.

State parks offer wholesome, affordable recreation such as hiking, cycling, birding, kite-flying, camping, and picnicking for state residents and visitors alike. It would be tragic if some of our state parks were closed. When times are hard, it's more important than ever that men, women and children have safe, affordable recreational opportunities in their regions, AND that these appealing resources be available to our tourist-serving economy.

If you wish to email WA State Park Authorities expressing your support of state parks, here is the email address: pao[at]parks.wa.gov

Thanks all,
Sharen Heath
WA STATE PARKS LOVER
Attached Thumbnails
approaching_ferry_2.jpg   watching_ferry_1.jpg