2010 Niagara Wine Escape Sept 17-20th. - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #121

Trailer: Compact Jr
Quote:
Originally Posted by james kent View Post
Arrrrrugh!
I washed and cleaned the tug and tow yesterday to get rid of the streaks and make them both look good for the weekend and then last nights rain. The black streaks are back again. Now it's, "Whachoo seez, is whachoo gets"!
What kind of stuff do they put in rain anyhow?

Dont feel bad James, I did the same thing here Canton Ohio, exept as I type this we are under a tornado warning and severe thunderstorm warning. I just hope Brutus, the trailer, stays put and don't blow away. we have 50 mph winds right now. good thing it will blow over before we leave in the morning. see you all tomorow
Heath G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:00 AM   #122

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
I have some photos from the 2010 Niagara Wine Escape at The Niagara Wine Escape. More to come!
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #123

Trailer: 1976 Tripple E Surfside
It was a great time.
The Park was beautiful,and relaxing, and nice& quiet.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:17 PM   #124

Trailer: 1978 Boler 1700
Great time had by all. Think the final count was about 20 or 21 trailers and about 44 people sat down for a fabulous potluck supper. Weather couldn't have been any nicer. Hopefully same crowd and more next year.
Don N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #125

Trailer: Boler 1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysse G. View Post
It was a great time.
The Park was beautiful,and relaxing, and nice& quiet.

You missed the action this morning. Just as everyone was getting up and heading for the washrooms, a big bulgmobile tried to make the corner in front of Mel's and took out the water pipe at the trailer wash/dump station Water everywhere for a while and then they shut it off. Can't figure why he was on that road, he had sewer and water where he was and a direct route out of the park.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:02 PM   #126

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
You missed the action this morning.
I know the Rick the "camera man" left yesterday, was there enough of the cheering section around to "egg" them on?

I know we were all expecting a bit of humour with Bridget, but she pulled through and got her trailer perfectly parallel and in position on the second attempt of backing up with minimal guidance. It happened so quickly most missed it before they could even pour a drink, little own grab their lawn chairs.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:44 PM   #127

Trailer: Former 1978 Trillium 4500 owner (now 2010 R-pod)
Ontario
We had a great time too. Thanks to everyone for letting a couple of former Trillium owners participate. We've camped at Riverside a couple of times before both with our Trillium and R-pod and have enjoyed the facilities and local sights (namely Betty's Sunday brunch, oh yeah and a waterfall ) each time.

I'm not sure I know what you mean by Bulgemobile - I hope thats not a pumpout truck - that would be nasty, lol.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #128

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All...My thanks goes out to ya'll. Without you... it would have been just another weekend getaway. What a super group!!! We will aim at the same time frame next Sept for another Niagara Wine Escape. Special thanks to all for their help and to Jon for the great shots. Next year I know he will have a special Escape of his own. The park has promised me a prize for the next draw as well!!! BIG THANKYOU ALL!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie p.s. Stopped at Betty's for lunch on the way home...best liver& onions I never cooked, and the home baked buns are to die for!!!
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:42 PM   #129

Hi all, thanks for a wonderfull weekend. this was our second rally and the best by far. eveyone was freindly and helpfull. and a special thanks to the newbies for next to us for the lock nuts. They held nicely on the way home. no problames with the axle. and to Alf, I was wondering why you turned around and headed back, thought you forgot something.Well I supopse yopu did, lunch!! can't forget that. Thanks again all. It was a verry good and re;axing weekend.
Heath G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:23 PM   #130

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Phil 4500... "Bulgemobile"= Big bulging mobile home/40'er. It's a fiberglass complex thing.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:51 AM   #131

Here we are parked with the Bulge-Mobiles. This bus is the one that shut down the washrooms.
Attached Thumbnails
665.jpg   Niagara Escape 2010 064.jpg  

Old 09-21-2010, 08:16 AM   #132

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: All...My thanks goes out to ya'll. Without you... it would have been just another weekend getaway. What a super group!!! We will aim at the same time frame next Sept for another Niagara Wine Escape. Special thanks to all for their help and to Jon for the great shots. Next year I know he will have a special Escape of his own. The park has promised me a prize for the next draw as well!!! BIG THANKYOU ALL!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie p.s. Stopped at Betty's for lunch on the way home...best liver& onions I never cooked, and the home baked buns are to die for!!!
I would also like to thank Alf and his wife for a great weekend . The only problem I have is that the next one is a year away .
Rick Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:49 PM   #133

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
Looks like you all had fun! I hope to make it next year... I'm down in Maryland, but this is about as close as any meets get to us. We're about to take our new-to-us Scamp 13 on our very first trip this weekend! Our baby just turned 6 month old yesterday, so we should have a little toddler by this time next year... watch out!
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:30 PM   #134

Trailer: Boler
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath G. View Post
Hi all, thanks for a wonderfull weekend. this was our second rally and the best by far. eveyone was freindly and helpfull. and a special thanks to the newbies for next to us for the lock nuts. They held nicely on the way home. no problames with the axle. and to Alf, I was wondering why you turned around and headed back, thought you forgot something.Well I supopse yopu did, lunch!! can't forget that. Thanks again all. It was a verry good and re;axing weekend.
You are welcome Heath. I am hoping this counts towards my good karma and next year I make it over without a incident.
Doug Arthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:13 AM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbrew View Post
Looks like you all had fun! I hope to make it next year... I'm down in Maryland, but this is about as close as any meets get to us. We're about to take our new-to-us Scamp 13 on our very first trip this weekend! Our baby just turned 6 month old yesterday, so we should have a little toddler by this time next year... watch out!
Congratulations on your NEW trailer. I know that it's about a day and a half drive but maybe you can camp along the way to Ontario. We would sure love to have you visit with us.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #136

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
Quote:
Congratulations on your NEW trailer. I know that it's about a day and a half drive but maybe you can camp along the way to Ontario. We would sure love to have you visit with us.
I drove my class A up to the falls a few years back... we stay
ed at Letchworth State Park in NY along the way. It was a beautiful park... I only wished I had more time to spend there. I wouldn't mind stopping there again.

We stayed at a horrible RV park on the US side of the falls. It was not much more than a parking lot for RVs. The park you all used looks a LOT nicer!
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:24 PM   #137

Name: Lori
Ontario
What a great weekend,, Thanks a bunch Alf , it was wonderful meeting every one. Jimmy and I loved the Niagara region and hope to attend next years gathering.

Lori and Jim
Lori and Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #138

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
where are you going mcbrew?
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:16 PM   #139

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
ahhhhhhhhhhh....i am so sorry we couldn't make it! but----i fully intend to schedule it in for next fall, alf.
it looked like you and maryanne were having a great time making the door prize draws!

i look forward to next year!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #140

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
I'm overdue on this... Thank you Alf for getting us all together. It was a great weekend.
Thought I'd add this picture for those of you who slept in (the ones without dogs)
This was Saturday's sunrise over the river.
Attached Thumbnails
Niagara River sunrise  022.jpg  
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape