MB 2013 Manitoba Fiberglass & Vintage Camper Rally, Aug.16-18 - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #101

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Great pics Jayson had to play where's Waldo to find the Boler. LOL

Love the sites by the Lake.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson Wall View Post
Checked in late last night at St. Malo for a week long stay.

Bay 11 Site 31,right on the lake.

I brought my original moon hubcaps that were on my Boler for the Swap Meet.

See everyone this weekend.

Attachment 63220

Attachment 63221

Attachment 63222
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #102

Name: Heidi
Trailer: '73 Trillium 1300
Saskatchewan
Well it looks like I am seriously plagued with this whole hitch thing. Everything else has been fixed to be safe to drive... Even had the hitch area re-welded and such. I arrived at the camp site and there were cracks everywhere. I am trying to get it fixed again, but may not be in time for this weekend now. It is going in to a shop Thurs and they will work on when they can.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #103

Registry
Sorry to hear your having problems with the frame welds again. Have you considered a new front frame section or replacing the entire frame?

Let's hope he can do the repairs on Thursday so you can be on the road on Friday.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajnfur View Post
Well it looks like I am seriously plagued with this whole hitch thing. Everything else has been fixed to be safe to drive... Even had the hitch area re-welded and such. I arrived at the camp site and there were cracks everywhere. I am trying to get it fixed again, but may not be in time for this weekend now. It is going in to a shop Thurs and they will work on when they can.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #104

Name: Brian and Lil
Trailer: 1979 Boler Gaucho Model
Manitoba
Registry
see everyone tomorrow evening HOHOHO!!!
Brian Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #105

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
because it's going to be hotter than hell this weekend, we moved to a more shaded site (D-16). Also was looking at getting there on Saturday morning but ir you don't see me, my Mom is in the hospital as of this morning and I may have to stay close to home.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #106

Registry
Here are the 2 links I promised to post the first is the Interview that was done last summer and the second is the interview that was done this year at the Rally

St. Malo Hosts Vintage Camper Rally - Local News - SteinbachOnline.com

Wow what a great time 37 trailer attended the event this year. Great weather and great company. I will post pics later after I get some unpacking done.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #107

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
great fun in St. Malo

Thanks Rick,
great job putting all the fun together. already looking forward to next year. The pot luck alone was worth the trip.
I had a blast playing at the campfire.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #108

Registry
Glad you had a great time. I too am looking forward to next years rally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott S. View Post
Thanks Rick,
great job putting all the fun together. already looking forward to next year. The pot luck alone was worth the trip.
I had a blast playing at the campfire.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #109

Name: Anita & Ken
Trailer: 1975 Boler, tow vehicle is 2007 Silverado
Manitoba
Thanks Rick and Shirley for organizing a super weekend. As newbies we really enjoyed ourselves. My apologies to the fantastic musicians. It was not my intent to be rude by talking during the performances, but I was focused on enjoying the company of my new rally friends. Until I risk being 'shussshed' again next year, best wishes everyone for a healthy and happy 12 months. till we meet again, take care.
A Storgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #110

Registry
Private Message Sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Storgard View Post
Thanks Rick and Shirley for organizing a super weekend. As newbies we really enjoyed ourselves. My apologies to the fantastic musicians. It was not my intent to be rude by talking during the performances, but I was focused on enjoying the company of my new rally friends. Until I risk being 'shussshed' again next year, best wishes everyone for a healthy and happy 12 months. till we meet again, take care.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #111

Registry
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1285.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	405.4 KB
ID:	63480

Name:	IMG_1317.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	323.6 KB
ID:	63481

Name:	IMG_1292.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	364.4 KB
ID:	63482

Name:	IMG_1370.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	63483

37 trailers and a lot of fun was had by all. Next year's event for the 3rd weekend in August in St. Malo Provincial Park is already in the planning stage. Watch your emails and this website for more details in Jan 2014.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #112

Registry

Name:	IMG_1339.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	415.1 KB
ID:	63494

Name:	IMG_1366.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	294.3 KB
ID:	63495

Name:	IMG_1373.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	356.3 KB
ID:	63496

Name:	IMG_1362.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	404.0 KB
ID:	63497
Old 08-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #113

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 73 boler 13'
Alberta
Thank you Rick and Shirley for organizing a fun weekend.
Roz and I had a great time meeting interesting like minded people and their unique trailers. We enjoyed the music, food, good weather and mostly the people.

Arrived home and our now planning our next boler trip to the Kelowna in two weeks for my daughter's wedding. We are planning to camp in the orchard close to the festivities.

The link below is from our latest bicycle tour Roz said she would send.
Jasper to Edmonton is also great bolering country
https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/..._id=12577&v=44
rozyjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:35 AM   #114

Registry
Thanks for the link, I have forwarded it on to Shirley as well so she can follow you as well.

Glad you had a great time and wish you the best of luck on your year long bike ride.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozyjeff View Post
Thank you Rick and Shirley for organizing a fun weekend.
Roz and I had a great time meeting interesting like minded people and their unique trailers. We enjoyed the music, food, good weather and mostly the people.

Arrived home and our now planning our next boler trip to the Kelowna in two weeks for my daughter's wedding. We are planning to camp in the orchard close to the festivities.

The link below is from our latest bicycle tour Roz said she would send.
Jasper to Edmonton is also great bolering country
https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/..._id=12577&v=44
Old 12-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #115

Name: T&K
Trailer: Boler
Manitoba
2014 is coming!

Hi Rick – are you organizing the Fibreglass rally at St. Malo again this year? We expect our Boler will finally be ready and we are starting to plan where we want to be with it next summer, so I’m curious about whether you are hosting the rally and if you have specific dates in mind. Thanks,
rova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #116

Registry
Hi there, yes you can mark the 3rd weekend of August at St Malo Provincial Park on your calendar for 2014. I have gotten a lot of requests and will put the event in the 2014 Rally calendar in the next few days, I have to confirm a few things and will do it then. I usually do it the first week of January but you are all anxious to get out and camp already.

You should also consider the Rally in Macklin, Saskatchewan the 3rd weekend of July 2014, I am trying to get a convoy of campers together to go to that Rally.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rova View Post
Hi Rick – are you organizing the Fibreglass rally at St. Malo again this year? We expect our Boler will finally be ready and we are starting to plan where we want to be with it next summer, so I’m curious about whether you are hosting the rally and if you have specific dates in mind. Thanks,
Old 01-23-2014, 08:25 AM   #117

Name: Maureen
Trailer: 2003 Trillium Outback
Saskatchewan
Registry
Hi Rick,

Looks like we will be able to attend this years event. Look forward to seeing everyone again. Will probably see you at the Macklin event also. Hope you get a nice caravan going! Spring, summer is coming soon. (only a -37 wind chill this morning!)
Maureen H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:40 PM   #118

Registry
Hi there thanks for the update. Look forward to seeing you again as well.

Yes with the winter we have had I am wondering what kind of spring and summer we will have this year.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen H View Post
Hi Rick,

Looks like we will be able to attend this years event. Look forward to seeing everyone again. Will probably see you at the Macklin event also. Hope you get a nice caravan going! Spring, summer is coming soon. (only a -37 wind chill this morning!)
Old 02-06-2014, 10:35 AM   #119

Name: Greg
Trailer: 1974Boler
Manitoba
Hi Rick,

Didn't realize there were so many fiberglass owners here in the peg. I just began a full restoration of my 1974 1300 Boler so getting to the rally this yr probley won't happen but I wanted to say high as you may see me throwing around questions/looking for advice while my restoration progresses

Thanks
Greg
Labrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:24 PM   #120
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Greg, If you are close by the event you should try to come even for just a day. You will be able to tour many trailers, get ideas and talk to lots of people.
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally