NC 2013, Oct. 17-20: Cherokee NC in October - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-18-2013, 08:06 AM   #41

Name: Chris
Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
OK I am attempting to get time off to attend Friday and Sat of this Rally. Is the Comfort Station the Bathroom / Shower House?
Do all of the sites have water, power, drain for the sink? Or do I need to have a way to catch that water?
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #42

Name: Kd
Trailer: Scamp
SouthEast
Registry
I just checked and they do still have sites available...yay!!! I have conflicted plans that weekend...go to my first egg gathering with wonderful people that i will see camping many more times OR go to my 25th hs reunion in Asheville that weekend...lol no brainer....MEET MY EGG FRIENDS! Lol I'm renting a cabin this weekend and will have some down time to relax look at my schedule/calendar for the next few months. If i can work it all out i will be checking-in Friday morning. I'll post here after i get my plans all finalized and reservation made.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #43

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Chris, if you go to the Happy Holiday RV Park website there is a map which shows which sites have full hookups (water, electric & sewer) and which have just electric and water. If you get a site with electric and water your waste water goes into the gray tank (if you have one) on your trailer. If you don't you can catch it in a container and dump it at the dump station. The comfort station would be the bath house/rest rooms.

Kim, will be great if you can join us. I know of at least 1 other scamp that will be there.
Jean Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #44

Georgia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Clark View Post
Chris, if you go to the Happy Holiday RV Park website there is a map which shows which sites have full hookups (water, electric & sewer) and which have just electric and water. If you get a site with electric and water your waste water goes into the gray tank (if you have one) on your trailer. If you don't you can catch it in a container and dump it at the dump station. The comfort station would be the bath house/rest rooms.

Kim, will be great if you can join us. I know of at least 1 other scamp that will be there.
No gray tank. Just a fitting for a garden hose. So it looks like I will need an external tank for that. Thanks for the info. Never had an RV of any type so it's ALL new to me.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:17 AM   #45

Chris you can use something as simple as a bucket. If iit were me I might pick up some inexpensive closed container like a water tote or eve a cheap gas can, both would have spouts (easier for dumping). You could mark it, for example with a magic marker ,with just the word gray, so you know what it is for. Don't forget bigger isn't necessarily better, you'll have to carry it or lift it into your vehicle to get it to the dump station and have room to transport it to and from the ca,pig round.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #46

SouthEast
Registry
I'm using a recycled plastic cat litter bucket :/

But it works
Old 07-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #47

Georgia
Registry
Cat litter buckets work great for dog food that comes in bags too.

I plan to have the gray tank sorted out by then.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #48

Chris and Kim, if you decide to come to the rally and make reservations with Happy Holiday please email me so I will know and can make up name tags for you.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #49

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
rally

Looks like we can make this one , just called Happy Holliday camp , they don't know anything about the rally ? he said he though it was canceled also said call back tomorrow . I will . By the way what is the name of this rally? hope they have space available .looking forward to this one .
Old 07-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #50

Herschel, great you can make it. Rally is not cancelled! Speak with one of the ladies there, they should have a folder with everyone listed. Mention the "egg campers rally" Oct. 17-20. We have a bout 35 rigs listed so far. This is their website, Happy Holiday Village a RV Park North Carolina RV Park 877-782-2765 , but to get the discount and a site somewhat close to the rest of us it will be better to call, 828.497.9204.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #51

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
sounds good
Old 07-25-2013, 05:49 AM   #52

SouthEast
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Clark View Post
Chris and Kim, if you decide to come to the rally and make reservations with Happy Holiday please email me so I will know and can make up name tags for you.
Thanks Jean! I'll know for sure this weekend.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:40 AM   #53

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Smile Pets

Looks like we are up to 38 registered rigs now, and with a few more in the works.

Shaping up to be a really great rally!

Don't forget to treat pets you are bringing with some type of anti bug treatment. (Frontline, Advantix, etc.)

Kip
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:06 AM   #54

Georgia
Update

We won't be posting any more lists of attendees.
Anyone needing a list can contact Jean or me, and we can E-Mail you one.

http://www.casitaclub.com/forums/topic/21049-cherokee-nc-rally-october-2013/unread/

As of this time there are 40 registered rigs. 31 with Couples and 9 with soloist. Likely as time nears there will be more. That is a popular time of year for camping in that area, so anyone not yet registered might want do get that done before the park is full, and to be in the Nest of Eggs !

Our Eggs will make quite a nice showing.
So far, On the west Creek we have most of the sites from 73 all the way down to the front creek and wrapping around that junction through site 105.
9 more rigs from 911-924 and one on 803.

Jean will still to know all attendees so she can make name tags and other stuff!

She will likely have a marquee in front of her camper listing activities.

Thanks,
Kip
Old 08-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #55

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by pageleigh View Post
Hi Dennis and Judy..can't wait to see you both again. Dennis, hope you and your family have a great time hiking the App Trail. I have also made reservations for Land Between the Lakes October 3-5. I have finally made the decision to go full time for a year. I have set the date of August 1, this summer. I want to travel up the east coast to Maine and then back. Very nervous, have to rent out my house, but the biggie is" What to do with all this STUFF" Reminds me of George Carlin. Also, I wonder if I have lost my mind traveling in a 13' Scamp with no shower and just a portapotty. My kids and friends think I am crazy( I already knew that) but if I don't go now and wait until later, there may not be a later.
Now that it's August, are you retired? If so, CONGRATULATIONS! I hope to do it Jan 2014.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #56

Name: Mon
Trailer: 13' 2008 Scamp...YAY!
Missouri
Glad there will be so many people there! Means there'll be SOMEONE who can park my trailer!

Seriously, I am doing a REALLY lousy job so far!

Mon
monB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:39 AM   #57

Georgia
Registry
Looking like it will possibly be a day trip for me and my wife on Saturday. How many of you are bringing a U Haul?
Old 08-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #58

Name: George
Trailer: 85 Uhaul CT 13
North Carolina
Chris, I think yours will make 3 if Greg & Jane are able to make it; maybe others I don't know.
George Lauver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #59

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Registry
My husband Doug and I have reserved 70 at the campground. This will be our first rally!
amyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:24 AM   #60

Georgia
There are now 46 rigs registered. Ranging from site 70 and along that west creek, down to the front (south) creek, and along that creek to site 107.

There are 10 rigs on sites 910 through 924 and 1 rig on the 800 row.
Looks like a total of 81 people.

Several folks have indicated that this will be their 1st rally.

Plenty of time for others to join us. But I feel certain the camp ground is filling fast!

Kip