NC 2013, Oct. 17-20: Cherokee NC in October - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2013, 06:48 AM   #61

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Talking Latest count

Unless there has been a cancellation we don't know of,

Right now we have 50 rigs listed, 11 singles and 39 couples. This should be a lot of fun!
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #62

Georgia
Time is getting close.

Just a few weeks until we meet at Cherokee!
Jean asked me to post this message from her here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We now have 55 rigs listed, very close to 100 people attending with several who have never been to a rally. Kip and I have worked out a very simple schedule and I'm going to paste it below.

Update on the rally. We are very pleased by the response to/interest in the rally and hope this will be a very enjoyable one for everyone. With that in mind we need to start now passing along some important info.

Note: There will be a White Board at my site #90, showing the various activities outlined here.

Breakfast on Friday Oct 18. For those up at 8am with nothing else to do, This will be at 8AM at "Granny's Kitchen". Pretty good breakfast buffet for the early risers. About 2 miles from Happy Holiday. Last year about 22 or so attended.

Egg Parade on Saturday, Oct. 19: To avoid confusion and allow everyone a chance to go visiting we're splitting the group into 2 sections.
Sites 70-93 and those in the 900s will be open from 9:30 am to 12 noon
Sites 94 to 108 and the 800s will be open from 1 pm to 3 pm.

Opening your trailer to visitors is NOT compulsory. Kip has some bright orange surveyors ribbon you can hang on your tongue jack or somewhere else so folks will see it. The tape will be an indication that visitors are welcome. You can get the ribbon at Kip & Ann's site 920 or I may have some when you check in with me.

Pot Luck, Saturday, 5 pm. We have close to 100 people attending the rally. The room on the top floor of the rec building is listed to hold 66. We've spoken with the folks at Happy Holiday and they are going to put some picnic tables on the covered porch that extends around the building so there will be seating for everyone. Dealing with this many people means we have worked out some guidelines that we hope folks will abide by:

1.Parking near the building is very limited. If at all possible walk to the building OR drive over, deliver your contribution, drop off 1 person, drive vehicle back to your site. OR carpool OR work it out so 1 vehicle brings the contributions from more than 1 trailer with the people (except for driver) walking. Main idea is to keep the limited space at the building as clear as possible. We do not plan to get into organizing the food delivery and we hope you will work with us!

2. Seating at the building, There won't be room for everyone inside, we ask that some of you take advantage of the tables on the porch. There are several doors and there will be opportunity to visit with friends.

3. We plan to put signs on a couple of the doors; 1 will say Enter/In the other on a different door will say Exit/Out. If people follow those signs we think the crowd will flow better.

4. Incentive: Once the food has been arranged inside, we plan on inviting the folks, who will be sitting on the porch, to form the food line first, coming in 1 door and going out the other one. We think this will make the whole process more efficient, without overloading the interior of the building . After that line has dwindled then the people eating inside will be welcome to get in line.

5. We set the start time at 5 pm in hopes that it won't be too dark or cold then, so everyone can enjoy their dinner and the camaraderie.

6. Be sure to bring your drink, plates and utensils. .

I will be arriving at Happy Holiday on Oct. 15 and will be available whenever my truck is parked at the trailer. Name tags will be available from then on.

Jean

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much (and take lots of photos along the way)
www.borderbrae.com
Old 09-09-2013, 08:05 AM   #63

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
We've checked our list against that of the campground and they have 3 trailers listed that we don't have so I'd appreciate some help here. The following people have registered with Happy Holiday as being with the egg campers but have not contacted either Kip or me and we'd really appreciate it if they would:
Charles Johnson site 102
Don Bell site 908
Larry Cliff site 913
I can't make up name tags if I don't have names for starters.

If you are one of the people listed above I would really appreciate an email ASAP with your name(s), home state and date of arrival. Please email me at borderbrae@aol.com
Jean Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #64

Name: John
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Georgia
Cherokee October Rally

My wife and I plan to visit campground for October rally.

John in GA
John in GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #65

Name: Susie
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy #151 - sold in 2018
Arizona
Registry
rally

John, we did that last year. We stayed in one of the cabins and had a great time. The official opportunity to visit other trailers is Saturday, but other times might be possible. Go back to the original post that got it all started for this year's rally, and let Kip or Jean know you are coming. See you there! Only one month away!
Old 09-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #66

Arizona
Registry
rally

Hey, hey, hey! Ya'll know we are going to be blessed with a full moon during the rally, don't you? It will be great! Let the countdown begin!
Old 09-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #67

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieinNC View Post
Hey, hey, hey! Ya'll know we are going to be blessed with a full moon during the rally, don't you? It will be great! Let the countdown begin!

Thanks Susie,

The full moon, along with the babbling of the creeks, should be a wonderful combination for walks in the evening.
And our area is the only one blessed with 2 creeks.

This thing keeps getting better and better!

Kip
Old 09-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #68

Name: Mon
Trailer: 13' 2008 Scamp...YAY!
Missouri
BECAUSE Fate is a fickle lady, she has decided that the week of the rally is THE week my back porch will be replaced! I HAVE to be here for it, so just called and canceled my site that was reserved for the 16th through the 20th. And it was on the creek That was site 82, if anyone wants to call and reserve it or change their space!!!

MonB
monB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #69

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Cherokee, NC, Rally

Sorry to hear you won't be able to get to the rally, Mon.
Jean Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #70

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
We just passed through Maggie Valley and the campground on the way back from Canada. Maggie Valley has their fall decorations out and they look nice. Looks like they have a craft show the weekend we'll be there.
October 19 & 20, Maggie Valley Fall Arts & Crafts Festival; Open Saturday & Sunday from 9:00am to 4:00pm daily. Join more than 100 artisans & craftsmen for this long-running event which boosts unique & exclusive hand-made items from all across the Southeast. Chainsaw demonstrations and a variety of foods are also onsite. Free Parking and Free Admission! For more information, Contact: Teresa Smith at 800-624-4431; or visit Maggie Valley North Carolina Area Visitors Bureau and Chamber of Commerce for more information.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #71

Name: Kd
Trailer: Scamp
SouthEast
Registry
Yay yay yay yay!!!!

Count me in

I just reserved site #700 for Thurs-Sun.

(she did tell me that i was at the end of the rally line backed up to John and his Casita)

I'm going to run to lunch. I'll check back with this thread and get all the info in about an hour.

Jean...i emailed you my info.
Thanks to all that make these rallies happen. I'm sure it can get tedious when it gets close to the date.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #72

Name: emily
Trailer: 2010 SCAMP
Georgia
I have site #87 from the 16th-20th. I also have my Scamp for sale(fiberglassrvforsale). Hope to find a buyer while I am at the rally! Look forward to the rally. Emily
pageleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #73

Georgia
This and that!

As of this morning we have a somewhat official count of
61 rigs and 107 folks registered for Cherokee 2013.

"Somewhat official" because some of the singles may actually be couples. And sometimes folks don't notify us they are attending. Last year 2 or 3 Rigs showed up last minute and were not on the "Official" list. So we really don't know how many to expect. But all are welcome and it is going to be great.

If you haven't done so yet, please notify Jean or me, to help our planning and so your name tags will be ready for you. We need Name(s), Home state, Site number, arrival/departure dates.

We know of at least one couple that plan to attend activities, that don't own a camper yet. They are considering an "Egg" for retirement!

Two or more other couples have notified Jean that they will be coming by to see what we and our Eggs are all about.

One Rig (so far) will offer some camping gear, parts, and pieces. Some for sale, and some are free! . This is a great way to find bargains and maybe offer some bargains. So if you have something you just don't need, it may be a treasure to someone else. Please keep it neat and orderly. Your picnic table or under your awning would be good "display" areas.

And if your Rig is for sale, bring a sign!

Keep in mind that planned activities are strictly voluntary. We are just trying to make this a memorable Rally for both seasoned and new folk.

Thanks,
Kip
Old 09-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #74

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
My wife and I always go to the Outer Banks of N.C. each year in October. This year we have decided to attend the Egg Rally in Cherokee. We have been camping for 15 years but this will be our first ever rally. I did let Jean know; Our campsite is 804. However, we are going to come in on the 14th and stay all week. We'll have our Scamp 19' with our two tiny dogs.

Ted and Tricia Smith from N.C. 14th-20th #804
Old 09-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #75

Name: asdf
Trailer: asdf
Alabama
I just made a reservation for Friday and Saturday nights, spot 900AB. I am single, but MAY bring my one or more of my two children.

I will be travelling from Raleigh Durham after work on Friday, with possibly a stop to pick up kids, so I will likely arrive late Friday, but will be there all day Saturday and until checkout Sunday.

I went to the Oregon rally in July (without my TT) and had a blast.

I look forwards to meeting you fine folks. Or (as they say down here) "All ya'll". Which is plural of Y'all.
jwcolby54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #76

Name: EILEEN
Trailer: in the market
California
Smile

My first post. I do not have a trailer yet, but from visiting this site and reading some of the posts, I am looking forward to getting one and joining in the fun. Hopefully I will have one to share the fun next summer.
Eileen Chico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #77

Arizona
Registry
I was in your shoes this time last year, Eileen. I wanted a trailer so bad I could taste it. It will be worth the wait. CA is a long way from Cherokee, but we would love for you to come see us at next year's rally if it works out.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #78

Name: Kd
Trailer: Scamp
SouthEast
Registry
Kip...good to know about selling a few things and setting out some freebies. I have stuff...like my wedding cake lights, my old stove, and lots of chairs. I need to trim down on things I store.

I'm leaving Charlotte early Thursday morn. I'm making a quick stop in Asheville at my grandparents. I'll definitely be going through Maggie Valley about 10-11. If anyone needs anything or you want me to help you do anything or stop for something please drop me a message. I don't mind helping out with something big or small. Anything to make sure it's a no stress long weekend.

(I'd offer to do something but it's my first rally so I don't know what to offer up...but I don't mind being asked...or told lol)
Old 09-27-2013, 06:06 AM   #79

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kd_ View Post
Kip...good to know about selling a few things and setting out some freebies. I have stuff...like my wedding cake lights, my old stove, and lots of chairs. I need to trim down on things I store.

I'm leaving Charlotte early Thursday morn. I'm making a quick stop in Asheville at my grandparents. I'll definitely be going through Maggie Valley about 10-11. If anyone needs anything or you want me to help you do anything or stop for something please drop me a message. I don't mind helping out with something big or small. Anything to make sure it's a no stress long weekend.

(I'd offer to do something but it's my first rally so I don't know what to offer up...but I don't mind being asked...or told lol)
BINGO! Volunteers are a good thing.
So glad you will be joining us!

Last year Jean asked me to get to the Rec House early enough to start getting it ready for the Pot Luck. I was clueless and thought a few minutes early would be good. When I got there, Volunteer ladies were already arranging tables, installing table cloths, organizing the food, etc.. There didn't seem to be a leader. Everyone seemed to instinctively know what to do. Feeling somewhat useless, I asked one if there was anything I could do. She handed me a bag of artificial autumn leaves to spread on the table cloths. When we left the building, it looked as though we had never been there. AMAZING how they (and a lot of men) just did things to make Pot Luck a success !

Something notable from last year. A couple volunteered to host a "Welcome Get Aquatinted" at their campsite on Thursday evening. They went to a lot of work, complete with finger foods under a lighted canopy, and it was a huge success.. ! Several people brought a bundle of firewood to keep the fire suitable as this was on a site on the West Creek and a chilly night.

Your Wedding cake had lights?

Kip

Old 09-27-2013, 07:23 AM   #80

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
LOL. Good one I will also be there on the 14th. #804 if you need anything