NC 2013, Oct. 17-20: Cherokee NC in October - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #101

Name: Chris
Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
Called and they advised that I would need to rent a space. Not a problem because a primitive space she said would be fine and it's only $20.00 for the day. So looks like I will be getting a site in the sequoia primitive site area. No water or electric but I have a good battery that will last me all day. So looks like Becky and I will see you all there with ELBERT in tow some time Saturday morning.
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #102

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jones View Post
Called and they advised that I would need to rent a space. Not a problem because a primitive space she said would be fine and it's only $20.00 for the day. So looks like I will be getting a site in the sequoia primitive site area. No water or electric but I have a good battery that will last me all day. So looks like Becky and I will see you all there with ELBERT in tow some time Saturday morning.

Good, see you then!
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #103

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Kip what's the total now for the rally. I hope the weather changes.
14th-Monday--75°/57° and 35 % precip
15th-Tuesday--74°/54° and 31 % precip
16th-Wednesday--68°/50° and 74 % precip
17th-Thursday--73°/44° and 55 % precip
18th-Friday--69°/40° and 46 % precip
19th-Saturday--67°/45° and 56 % precip
20th-Sunday--65°/46° and 88 % precip
Old 10-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #104

Trailer: 2004 16 ft Scamp
This is Darrin, my wife, Kim (and our 6month son, Grayson) will be on site #706 in our 19ft 5er Scamp. Arriving 17th and leaving the 20th. This will be our first Rally.
Darrin S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #105

Darrin my wife and I will be arriving on the 14th and staying till the 20th in our Scamp 19. We will be on site 804. Looking forward to making new friends and seeing all the campers. It's our first rally also. Ted
Old 10-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #106

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa-t View Post
Kip what's the total now for the rally. I hope the weather changes.
14th-Monday--75°/57° and 35 % precip
15th-Tuesday--74°/54° and 31 % precip
16th-Wednesday--68°/50° and 74 % precip
17th-Thursday--73°/44° and 55 % precip
18th-Friday--69°/40° and 46 % precip
19th-Saturday--67°/45° and 56 % precip
20th-Sunday--65°/46° and 88 % precip
Ted, I'm counting 64 rigs and 108 souls. Some of the singles we show may be couples. And there may be additions or cancellations we/I are unaware of.

I believe there may be some interested people staying in hotels that may wish to join in the activities.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for fun, if your forecasts hold true!

Possible plan B

Think "WATER SPORTS"! and fun for all!

I think this is what Jean may have had in mind. But could be wrong.

Lindalee and John H will demonstrate Kayaking around the entire Egg Nest. Using camper cushions.

Which brand of camper floats best.

David will show how to catch fast moving trout under your picnic table.
(he always catches fish) .

Kim's Border Collie will demonstrate how to chase a ball, while simultaneously swimming and herding a Golden Retriever. .

Who can find the comfort station at night, while wearing a snorkel.

Friday is the 8am swim to Granny's Kitchen, where ever it may have floated to.

Saturday the clouds will separate, the sun will appear, the water will drain away. Parade of home and Pot Luck will be perfect.

OK...! Now that the medication is taking effect.

Cherokee weather seems to change every time I check it. At TWC.
(The Weather Channel)
W T F S S
Right now at 4:24pm, Day temps 70,67,66,63,64
nights 46,49,45,40,41
Chance of rain % 20,30,20,10,30
Chance of no rain 80,70,80,90,70

Kip
Old 10-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #107

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrin S View Post
This is Darrin, my wife, Kim (and our 6month son, Grayson) will be on site #706 in our 19ft 5er Scamp. Arriving 17th and leaving the 20th. This will be our first Rally.
Welcome to the 3 of you.
Got you on the list!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #108

Kip, Thats the spirit. We will all think positive. This summer every time we went camping it rained. I will be praying for a few to no showers.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #109

Name: Chris
Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
Looking at the site map of the park it might be better for me to get a spot in Big Bear next to site 93 or Cardinal next to site 94. The Sequoia site looks like its way out of her way from where everyone is setting in. Where do those of you that have been there think would be best?
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:55 AM   #110

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jones View Post
Looking at the site map of the park it might be better for me to get a spot in Big Bear next to site 93 or Cardinal next to site 94. The Sequoia site looks like its way out of her way from where everyone is setting in. Where do those of you that have been there think would be best?

Hard to say Chris.

Big Bear and/or Cardinal would certainly give you more "Exposure", but Sequoia is not as much out of the way as it once was.

We have folks 700,706, and 713. Also starting on 802 & 900AB and headed to the Left on the map, East.

I've not really "LOOKED" at the primitive sites, and don't know which are suitable in size and access for a trailer.

Happy Holiday Management would be your best bet for determining your location for the one day.

Kip
Old 10-12-2013, 04:25 AM   #111

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa-t View Post
Kip, Thats the spirit. We will all think positive. This summer every time we went camping it rained. I will be praying for a few to no showers.

Well there ya go!

From an old Geezers perspective:

There are always peaks and valley's.
Valley's are easier to travel, but once climbed, the peaks offer the opportunity to get a grander view.

Cherokee 2011 was our 1st EGG rally. We drove in, and arrived in, a pouring rain and camped on site 101, I think. The creek was flowing hard, but the rain on the trailer roof, was loud enough that we couldn't hear the creek at all, from inside the trailer. Later in the afternoon, the sun appeared and the rest of the Rally weather was wonderful!

Kip
Old 10-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #112

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2yax2go View Post
After a month on the road with wonderful weather, prognosticated wet, windy weather on the eastern shore found us scrambling for likely venues west of our previously hoped for shoreline and seafood madventure.

And, look what we found...the Cherokee Meet-up we thought was past is within our timing and travel radar.

Whoo-hoo!!! Through some serendipitous phone calling by Mr. 2yax, we just snagged site #74 coming in on Wednesday and leaving on Sunday.

Looking forward to hanging out, seeing new faces and maybe some recognized from 2 years ago.

Now I'm off to find the agenda for the weekend and what I can whip up for pot-luck with minimal cookery.

See y'all soon.

Craig and Josie - aka Mr. and Mrs. 2yax.

Small world, Marilyn and I will get to see you again! We sure were surprised when we saw your Scamp pull into the site next to ours last month at Stony Fork CG in Wytheville VA
Will you be filling the kayak racks with kayaks this trip? If it rains hard we may be able to take some quick kayak jaunts through the campground.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #113

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
Hi, Radar1. Cool to think of seeing you two again.

No kayaks...we're still on the same trip as when we met at Stony Fork only now we're headed back home. It's been a wonderful adventure and we've met a number of fellow "eggers".

Looking forward to seeing you and catching up on our respective madventures.

J and C

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #114

Arrived at Happy Holiday campground today around 1:00 PM. Great weather. Sitting by the fire with my DW and two dogs. Life is good. BYOB
Old 10-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #115

Name: Troy
Trailer: Burro 13'
Kentucky
Well I am at Indian Mound State Park Tennessee On my way to Cherokee.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_104148156773792.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	65720

Looking forward to the next week.
Troy Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #116

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
Warriors Path

Mr. 2yax and I breezed into Warriors Path SP in TN late this afternoon. I think Mr. 2yax spoke with Jean as we were coming in...I believe she's on the loop on the hill above our site...we'll stop by tomorrow morning. There's a Trill as well, but, other than waving we don't know if they're also part of the group coming into Cherokee or not.

We've had sun for the first time since Tuesday of LAST week in NJ and a half-moon peeps over our shoulders as we're outside listening to the peepers and crickets in the night air.

We think we're moving on to Davy Crocket Brithplace SP tomorrow before heading into Cherokee on Wednesday, but that may be dependent upon our getting our gear gathered before noon checkout. We're not real big on moving fast if we don't have to being old turtles and all.

See y'all soon.

J and C

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #117

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
Here's a . They should know tomorrow if TN will be paying to have the park open this week. Hopefully good news coming.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #118
Commercial Member

Trailer: Winnebago
Cherokee I wanna be

Papa-T
Keep the camp fire burning and we will join you Wednesday evening. Wish we could be there now!
Larry,C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #119
Commercial Member

Trailer: Winnebago
Beetlefreak at Cherokee

Shameless plug for my little business to follow - I will be bringing some Casita Latches, Bezels, Knobs, LED lights, Magnetic switches and some really cool stuff you have never seen to Cherokee. Just look for the Beetlefreak. I won't be hard to find.
Larry,C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #120

Trailer: Palomino Pony Pop-up
A good crowd is already here! Hurry up everyone....the rally is already happening! Lynne and David site 107
lynne r is offline   Reply With Quote