OH 2013, Sept. 18-22: 9th Annual Ohio Fall Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #1

Name: Sandy
Trailer: 2012 Viewfinder
Ohio
2013, Sept. 18-22: 9th Annual Ohio Fall Gathering

Please join us for our 9th Annual Ohio Fall Gathering at DILLON STATE PARK, on the east side of Columbus, OH, just north of I-70. Most people are coming on Wednesday, Sept. 18th and departing on Sun., Sept. 22nd. There is SO much to see and do in this area. Feel free to come sooner or stay longer!! NOTHING IS MANDATORY. YOU WILL NOT BE PRESSURED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY ACTIVITY!! Come as a stranger and leave as family!! We have LOTS of Casita models, a couple of Scamps, and many other models of campers coming. Most things in Amish country are closed on Sunday. Link to Dillon: Ohio State Parks - Dillon State Park

This is within driving distance of the Amish community, Warther Museum in Dover, (the MOST WONDERFUL PLACE where I have arranged a group discount for us), the Longaberger basket factory, and SO much more. Terry R. and I are putting together a compilation of neat places to go and see. She is VERY familiar with the whole Amish area! I have literature from 2 different Chambers of Commerce to pass out at the rally.

We have a BIG group potluck breakfast on Sat. morning, followed by a tour of open campers. On Sat. evening we have a potluck meal. We love campfires in the evening, and will probably designate, either Thursday or Friday evening as “campfire meal night” IF there is enough interest. It is fun to use pie irons, grill dogs and hamburgers, etc.

I will be posting updates as they become pertinent, on www.fiberglassrv.com. I will post all important info in RED print so you won't miss it.

Because of some power surge problems with most Ohio campgrounds, electric has been removed from many sites, so if you want a site with electric, please book asap! We are in Camping Area 2 (pet sites). These are sites 105-161. NOTE: All the sites with electric (which can be booked online) on the upper level of this 2-level area are booked already. There is a set of about 15 steps near lot 125, that leads down to the lower level (WHERE THE RESTROOM/SHOWERHOUSE IS).

When you book a site, please send Sandy, the rally organizer, a PRIVATE e-mail through this site and give her your site number, dates you are arriving and leaving, type of camper, your hobbies, name, address, phone numbers, and e-mail address. She will make sure you receive all updates by personal e-mail. She will add your name, hobbies, etc. to the list she passes out at the rally, ONLY, (no posting of personal info on these sites for security sake!). She will e-mail you her personal e-mail address and phone number so you may contact her directly.

Looking forward to another fun year! We had 29 sites booked last year at Caesar Creek!! We already have 22 booked for this year! Please feel free to join us by booking at sites 144-161, if you need electricity. There are still a few sites on the top level, WITHOUT electricity.

Sandy
Sandy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:08 AM   #2

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Casita
Illinois
Sandy, we have reserved site but can not find your e-mail address. Please e-mail us and I will reply w/info. Thanks, Dennis Ozier
ozierjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #3

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozierjd View Post
Sandy, we have reserved site but can not find your e-mail address. Please e-mail us and I will reply w/info. Thanks, Dennis Ozier
So glad you are coming back this year. You are always so much fun, Dennis the Menace!! Also love your famous omlettes!
Sandy
Old 05-12-2013, 05:02 AM   #4

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Omelets again, that will be great. Do you feel we have set up expectations for you? Actually, just glad to see you guys back. terry r.
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #5

Ohio
Omelts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry R. View Post
Omelets again, that will be great. Do you feel we have set up expectations for you? Actually, just glad to see you guys back. terry r.
Those omelets are the best! Can't wait!
Sandy
Old 05-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #6

Sandy, what is the greatest distance folks are coming from? How many first timers do we have coming?
Old 06-07-2013, 06:54 AM   #7

Sandy, what are our numbers up to so far?
Old 06-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #8

Name: Barb
Trailer: Casita Spirit
Ohio
Sandy seems to not be talking but I think it is up to something like 25 campsites spoken for in our group.
pwdohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #9

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdohio View Post
Sandy seems to not be talking but I think it is up to something like 25 campsites spoken for in our group.
Actually 29 for sure & probably 30 because there is a "mystery person" who booked site 146 recently! I am assuming they are part of our group because they booked the 18th - 22nd which are the dates most of us are coming. Will this mystery person please send Sandy a PRIVATE email message with your contact info on it so I can keep you updated with rally info? Thanks! Sandy
Old 06-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #10

Sandy really gets curious when someone books a spot and she doesn't know who it is. Whoever is in spot 146 can get useful information about the rally from her, through private E-mailing.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #11

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1994 Casita 16Ft. Spirit Deluxe
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Webb View Post
Actually 29 for sure & probably 30 because there is a "mystery person" who booked site 146 recently! I am assuming they are part of our group because they booked the 18th - 22nd which are the dates most of us are coming. Will this mystery person please send Sandy a PRIVATE email message with your contact info on it so I can keep you updated with rally info? Thanks! Sandy
I thought you were talking about us, but I checked and we are on site 148...Bob and Linda 16ft. Casita SD.
Bob and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #12

Ohio
Mystery guest on site 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob and Linda View Post
I thought you were talking about us, but I checked and we are on site 148...Bob and Linda 16ft. Casita SD.
No, not you, but they were kind enough to email me so I know who it is! I like to be sure everyone receives the updates for the rally by email. It is getting closer! Can't wait! Sandy
Old 07-29-2013, 08:28 AM   #13

Are most folks coming on Wed. the 18th? Anyone staying through until Monday? terry
Old 07-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #14

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry R. View Post
Are most folks coming on Wed. the 18th? Anyone staying through until Monday? terry
A lot of people are coming Wed. AND several are staying until Monday!
Old 07-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #15

Name: Michelle
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Pennsylvania
I'd love to find a way to come. We are from PA and are planning to be in Wooster that weekend for my son's soccer game. We are fixing up a 1975 13' Scamp. We haven't made our maiden voyage yet, but were planning "fingers crossed" to have it ready to take to Wooster on that weekend. Are there still electric sites available if it works out for us?
AM Moats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #16

Michelle, there are 7 electric sites left. Hope to see you there. terry r.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #17

Michelle, if you E-mail Sandy, privately, she will bring you up to date on the particulars of the rally. terry r.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:44 AM   #18

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by AM Moats View Post
I'd love to find a way to come. We are from PA and are planning to be in Wooster that weekend for my son's soccer game. We are fixing up a 1975 13' Scamp. We haven't made our maiden voyage yet, but were planning "fingers crossed" to have it ready to take to Wooster on that weekend. Are there still electric sites available if it works out for us?
I sent you a private email but this morning got an undeliverable email back. Said it has been 25 hours and hasn't been able to be delivered but will keep trying. Never saw that message before! Do you have another email address I can try? Is your inbox full? Please don't post your email address on here - go to private messages.

Sandy
Old 08-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #19

Ohio
We now have 33 electric sites reserved in our loop. There are only 5 electric sites remaining! There are also some non-electric sites which are cheaper if you book those and if you have a generator. We have 12 sites with brand new rally folks coming, which is fantastic! They will come as "strangers" for the first few minutes - then leave as "family"!!
Old 08-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #20

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by AM Moats View Post
There are only 5 electric sites left now. How is the camper coming along? It doesn't have to be done - just need a place to sleep & a way to cook a little bit! There is a restroom/showerhouse in our loop. Hope you can come! Sandy

Tags
fall