MI 2013, Sept. 6-8: Michigan Algonac Egg Scramble 2013... - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #101

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
Mike and Judy Meyer on 48
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:10 AM   #102

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Here's the list so far. I'll add people to this list as they confirm their sites in this thread.

Site #
37 - Ron & Iva, Trillium (Green Grape)
41 - Louise, Mystery egg (still looking)
43 - Steve & Bunny, Casita 16
45 - Mike & Sara Szabo, Bigfoot
47 - Bryan and Zachary, Captain/ Predom
48 - Mike & Judy Meyer, UHaul VT
50 - Benjamin & Lovely Wife, UHaul CT13
52 - Pam , UHaul CT13
54 - Charles, American Boler
57 - Bob Ruggles & Grace (in spirit), Egg Camper
58 - Bo & Karen, Scamp 16
59 - Mike, EggCamper
60 - Mike & Ellen , Liberty Van
64 - Noreen Bradshaw, Trillium 4500
66 - Linda Midnitestork, Boler
67 - Corky and Darlene, Scamp 13
68 - Kevin, UHaul VT
70 - Rob & Ann, Scamp 13
71 - Roger, Cheryl, Katie, Scamp 13
79 - Allan Shuh and Donna Campbell 1973 Boler "D'eggo"
120 - Armel, Casita
124 - PaulOWindsor, Trillium
128 DJ & Alice Weatherbee, Boler 1300 'The Bubblebee'
219 - Marty & Sally, EggCamper
? - Noreen, Trillium 4500
? - Fred Wark, Burro
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #103

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
change in the list of attendees

I'll be there in September but Grace will not. She passed away of a massive infection.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #104

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
So sorry Robert for your loss, I had hoped to meet the two of you one day Please accept my condolences.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #105

Registry
Oh Bob, I'm so very sorry to hear that! Please accept my sincere condolences.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:54 AM   #106

Name: charles
Trailer: 1972 American boler
Michigan
So forso sorry your loss bob both margaret and express our deepest concolences
rosey45385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #107

Trailer: Trillium
Registry
Bob, I'm so sorry to read of Grace's passing. You are very brave to want to carry on. We are so glad you plan on attending the rally. Grace will be there with us in spirit.

Pam, I will be on site 64.
Noreen Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #108

Name: Scott
Trailer: Scamp 1981 16 foot
Michigan
Hi All

Wow, this September meet is really gearing up. Sorry to say I wont be able to make it this year. My Wife and I are going to Montana to work on a cattle ranch with three other friends. We will be bringing the cattle down from the highlands to the lower flats for the winter. I hope Scouter Dave has a chance to come this year. We had so much fun last year making those wrist bands. You all might have to send him gas money since its so far for him to come. If any of you are looking for a fun weekend the Tin Can Tourests are meeting July 26/27/28 at Port Cresent State Park at the tip of the turmb. they have a "Open House" from 11-4 on Saturday to look at all the neat trailers. I'll be there in my Scamp so stop in and say Hi if you go. There is no charge to visit on Saturday. I think they have at least 90 campers so far. I wish you all a safe summer, I might see you in July and will really miss you all in September... Scott
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #109

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Pretty much have DW agreement we will be there, will reserve site once confirmed. Someone mentioned logo t-shirts in earlier post. Did one last year, some of you may have buttons with the logo. Did a few different versions for light and dark backgrounds, large and small items and posted them on Zazzle for anyone to order, that is where I ordered the buttons from, and a couple of t-shirts.

Zazzle won't totally remove markup, but if people do purchase shirts, mugs or whatever enough in advance I could use that mark up to order logo prizes for the awards. I think current "profit" is around $4 and that is mostly from what we bought. I can only use it there anyway unless it reaches enough they are willing to mail a check. Not likely.

Still have the source files and can edit the year or text pretty easily. Here is what it looks like. There is also a borderless version that works better on some items.

Thanks to reading this thread I'm going to be thinking about yummy food and gummy bears for the rest of the night. Really enjoyed last year. It was yummy good time.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:24 PM   #110

Name: elaine
Trailer: Casita
Ohio
My husband and I are considering buying a camper again and wonder if we can crash your event and check out your campers.
Elaine in Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #111

Registry
Elaine, you're more than welcome to stop by and tour the campers. Last year, we all toured each others' rigs on Saturday afternoon (noon to 3pm-ish).

Roger, I'll be ordering a tshirt, hopefully they come in pink? ;p
Old 06-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #112

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Elaine, you're more than welcome to stop by and tour the campers. Last year, we all toured each others' rigs on Saturday afternoon (noon to 3pm-ish).

Roger, I'll be ordering a tshirt, hopefully they come in pink? ;p
What I did last year (which is still up with 2012 logo) is set up a light and dark version of logo, added to some of the different types of shirts and other items. You can pick that "item" and then pick different colors or styles (ladies, mens, sleeved) from that screen and pre-view how it will look.

drccac: Home: Zazzle.com Store

Main difference in logo between light and dark is on a dark items need to have white background (so it shows up) with black border (so edges are sharp). For a light color such as pink, need transparent background.

Custom back shirts allows one to put own message on back, Cheryl and I ordered ones with "Scamp" and "77". But the back message is optional, You can put whatever you want for Camper Name field. Year field is really large font so it won't work if the Name field is multi-line.

But I checked "If it ain't pretty why camp in it?" or "Galmping Queen" fit on the back fine for the Name with no Year.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #113

Registry
""But I checked "If it ain't pretty why camp in it?" or "Glamping Queen" fit on the back fine for the Name with no Year.""

OK, Roger, you have me hooked, I'll have to get a pink one
...where do I order? the zazzle site is set up with 2012 dates, do I change it myself somehow?
Old 06-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #114

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bradley View Post
If any of you are looking for a fun weekend the Tin Can Tourests are meeting July 26/27/28 at Port Cresent State Park at the tip of the turmb. they have a "Open House" from 11-4 on Saturday to look at all the neat trailers. I'll be there in my Scamp so stop in and say Hi if you go. There is no charge to visit on Saturday.
Scott,
Was the State Park having a free entrance day? I thought you had to pay for day use in all state parks.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #115

Michigan
Quote:
""But I checked "If it ain't pretty why camp in it?" or "Glamping Queen" fit on the back fine for the Name with no Year.""

OK, Roger, you have me hooked, I'll have to get a pink one
...where do I order? the zazzle site is set up with 2012 dates, do I change it myself somehow?
No I have to edit the image file on my computer to change the year, then upload the new image as a replacement image. I just wanted to know someone was going to want them before I bothered. I'll at least get a ladies shirt set up with 2013 logo. Post when it's set up.

Had no feedback on the image yet. Last year other than Cheryl and myself only one person that attended purchased a fridge magnet. No idea if people did not like the image, or buying this sort of memento is just not something most people want to do.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #116

Registry
Hello, fellow Algonackers, there's been an ingenious idea for an activity suggessted by RogerDat. And I can see many of us enjoying and benefitting from it.

...Here it is, what do you all think?

"What do you think of a “show-n-tell” of our favorite camping or travel gizmo, device or solution? We all probably have something we bring along that we really like or that works well for us.
A time to share those might be of general interest.
Could be anything that people do or use that they like or that solves a problem. Sort of the same thing that happens on the forum a lot. Except hands on instead of links, pictures or descriptions."

Now lets put on our thinking caps....
Old 06-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #117

Name: Benjamin
Trailer: Uhaul ct-13
Michigan
Good idea! I have fun travel gadgets
uhaulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:34 AM   #118

Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
Ontario
Sounds good.
There are always some good personel ideas that people come up with but tend to stay with originator.
RRJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #119

Registry
There's been another awesome idea offered up,,,, Stay tuned for more!
Old 06-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #120

Michigan
Quote:
Here's the list so far. I'll add people to this list as they confirm their sites in this thread.

Site #
37 - Ron & Iva, Trillium (Green Grape)
41 - Louise, Mystery egg (still looking)
43 - Steve & Bunny, Casita
45 - Mike & Sara Szabo, Bigfoot
47 - Bryan and Zachary, Captain/ Predom
48 - Mike & Judy Meyer, UHaul VT
50 - Benjamin & Wife, UHaul CT13
52 - Pam , UHaul CT13
54 - Charles, American Boler
57 - Bob Ruggles & Grace (in spirit), Egg Camper
58 - Bo & Karen, Scamp 16
59 - Mike, EggCamper
60 - Mike & Ellen , Liberty Van
64 - Noreen Bradshaw, Trillium 4500