MI 2013, Sept. 6-8: Michigan Algonac Egg Scramble 2013... - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2013, 05:00 AM   #161

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Does anyone know if Algonac has WiFi? I wasn't able to catch a signal last year, and not seeing it listed online.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:48 AM   #162

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
I couldn't get one either last year, so I brought my Verizon mobile hotspot. It hooked up to Canada, though, charging roaming, so I had to clear this up with Verizon when I got home.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:03 AM   #163

Name: Denny
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
I couldn't get one either last year, so I brought my Verizon mobile hotspot. It hooked up to Canada, though, charging roaming, so I had to clear this up with Verizon when I got home.
It's very common for cell phones along the US side of the river to connect to Canadian cell towers. The "foreign" minutes can be very expensive. You can turn off roaming or dispute your bill at the end of the month.
MCDenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #164

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
Checked with Verizon office, going into settings for data and turning off roaming should force a connection to the Mich side of the river. Verizon coverage map indicates 4G LTE coverage at park. LTE service generally means verizon tower equipment as opposed to access through tower of another carrier which would be considered roaming. Not guaranteed but a good indicator.

By default phone makes connection to strongest signal / least busy tower that is why we get the Canadian tower. Roaming off should allow phone to find US tower if one is available.

If people wished to check other carrier coverage the state park address is 8732 River Rd Clay,Mi 48001
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #165

Registry
Hey are any of you interested in buying my bunk cover and the front bench seat cushions from my UHaul? I've changed over to a 2 person table up front and I don't need them, and I don't want to store them.
I'll sell the bunk cover (no foam) and I also have the lower couch cushion (with foam) as well as the 3 little foam filler cushions (you need them to fill in the lower bed when the bunk is in the 'up' position).
I'll sell the lot for $30. I'll bring them to Algonac with me if anyone wants them.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #166

Name: JP
Trailer: U-Haul
Indiana
UHaul Bunk cusions

Pam-

I could use the cushions, and would be happy to take off your hands. Unfortunately, I wont be able make this rally, but mmyers (VT owner) has offered to pick up for me.

Let me know if that works and thanks in advance!

J.P.
UHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #167

So does anyone know if Roger Kimble is coming with his VT, too? That would make 3 VTs! That's about 30% of all known VTs still on the road (at least through FiberglassRV.com and UHaulcamper.com).
Old 08-20-2013, 08:31 PM   #168

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by UHall View Post
Pam-

I could use the cushions, and would be happy to take off your hands. Unfortunately, I wont be able make this rally, but mmyers (VT owner) has offered to pick up for me.

Let me know if that works and thanks in advance!

J.P.
JP, that works for me! I'll bring them with me to Algonac. Now they can go to a good home, and I can put money into my camping piggy bank
Old 08-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #169

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
It's getting down to the wire if you are going to order a t-shirt with a 2013 rally logo on it and have it for the rally.

The selections are available at:
http://www.zazzle.com/drccac

There are several other items such as buttons, magnets, hats and mugs available, also with a 2013 rally logo.

All the shirts or clothing listed are just shortcuts to where you can pick style, color and size of your choosing. Actually that is the same for most items. The item listed is just a shortcut to the options that are like the shown item. Different mug styles and colors from the coffee mug listed, or button sizes and shapes from the button listed.

If the shirt says "custom back" it means I created text areas on the back for you to customize with your own trailer brand/model and year. I generally left the "Customize This" button enabled so once you pick an item you can totally customize most of them with your own message, font, and layout.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #170

Name: Benjamin
Trailer: Uhaul ct-13
Michigan
Cleaned the CT today. Getting ready!!!
uhaulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #171

Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
Ontario
Pam

Is #127 the latest update on possible attendance?
RRJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #172

Name: Mike & Ellen
Trailer: 1988 Liberty Van Companion 17'
Michigan
Registry
White Chicken Chili w/tortillas from our camp site.
We will also bring a goodie bag for the gift exchange.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #173

We have two Boardwalk folding bikes by Dahon that we are looking to sell. They are sturdy, one-speed bikes with front hand brake and rear coaster brake. We purchased them in 2009 and have used them on various camping trips. We would still be using them but we recently purchased two UHaul folding bikes made by Citizen that match our UHaul colors.

The Boardwalks were purchased for $300 each from the Salem (MA) Bike Shop and are in great shape. We are asking $125 each or $225 for the pair. We can bring them along to Algonac if anyone is interested. I'll be posting pictures later tonight.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #174

Here are the pix of the bikes - folded and unfolded.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9258.jpg   IMG_9256.jpg  

IMG_9257.jpg  
Old 08-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #175

Trailer: 13 ft 2000 Scamp
We will be bringing Asian Cole Slaw to pass.
Steve M K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #176

Trailer: 13 ft 2000 Scamp
Also did I miss something? "Gift Exchange" i went trough previous posts and did not see anything, but I am getting older
Steve M K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #177

Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
Ontario
Steve,
Check #138.seem it a draw for donated items. Anything goes.
RRJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #178

Registry
Algonac Glassic (very loose and relaxed) Official Schedule:

- Friday evening 6-ish, Meet and Greet at Site 52 (Pam Garlow)

- Saturday morning, 10AM coffeecake and camping gizmos. Bring your ingenious camping inventions, or cool camping gizmos to site 52 and show them off.

- Saturday afternoon 1-4 camper open house. Tour everyone's camper. If you don't want people touring your rig, that is fine. Just close your door, no problem.

- Saturday night 6pm - Group Potluck Dinner at site 52 – bring your own meat and a passing dish. We can gather some grills together to cook on.

- After dinner, we'll have a drawing for a few prizes (none of which will cause you heartache at the border with tariffs or duties ). And if you want to donate a prize, we’ll have that much more to give away.

- Saturday night’s fire will include any music you want to provide and I believe we have a ukulele coming as well as a spoon player. So bring a few of your own instruments (or spoons) and we can have a fun evening of songs.

- Armel is bringing his scale so we can figure out how heavy our tongues really are.

The city of Algonac has a small downtown with a nice boardwalk off the river, for any of you that want to make a trip into town.

I will arrive on Thursday (9/5) so I'll wave a welcome at ya coming in

Don't forget to check out the Algonac Glassic shirts (see post #169)

Looking forward to another wonderful weekend !!
Rock on, EggHeads!
Old 08-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #179

Name: Gord
Trailer: 1981 Boler
Ontario
big pot from last year

Hello everybody!

We can't make it to this years meet with our big pot,(hold 12 dozen cobs of corn) as my little brother is getting married on sat.

Looking forward to next year gathering of our eggs!!!
golin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #180

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M K View Post
Also did I miss something? "Gift Exchange" i went trough previous posts and did not see anything, but I am getting older
You can drop off any gifts you have for me at site 52....