MB 2014, Aug.15-17: Manitoba Fiberglass & Vintage Camper Rally, - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-07-2014, 09:46 AM   #41

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Thanks for the update Maureen. Yes Shirley and I are going to Macklin, have not heard from anyone else as I would love to form a convoy of fiberglass for the tip out there.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen H View Post
Got on line at 7:00 Manitoba time (6:00 our time) and after a hour and half got on. But only 1 spot left in Bay 11 and we had hoped to get the spot we had last year in Bay 4 but only 4 spots left.

We are booked in Bay 4, site 15. Couldn't believe how booked spots were!!! Now waiting for the time to come. Hope others can make it to the Macklin event too!
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #42

Registry
Thanks for the update Ian and Joan, was that not fun waiting in line this morning. I just checked the site now and got in right away but all the electrical sites look to be booked. Not a problem for me as I love to Boondock.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G. View Post
That only took 1/2 hour waiting and refreshing the computer to make my reservation. I am in Site 15, Bay 11 from Aug 14 - 17.
That is the hard part done with, now the second hardest part .... waiting for August to arrive. Looking forward to meeting you all
Old 04-07-2014, 10:08 AM   #43

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Fred and Nancy in G 10 again. Non electric took no time at all after you all filled the electric sites.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:18 AM   #44

Name: Karen
Trailer: 1977 Boler 13'
Manitoba
My sister Elaine and I have two spots booked in Bay 1 - electrical.
Karen E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:04 AM   #45

Registry
Hi Fred and Nancy. Thanks for the update. Now if only the snow would go away.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
Fred and Nancy in G 10 again. Non electric took no time at all after you all filled the electric sites.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:05 AM   #46

Registry
Thanks for the update Karen, do you have the site numbers in Bay 1

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen E View Post
My sister Elaine and I have two spots booked in Bay 1 - electrical.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:08 PM   #47

Name: nadine
Trailer: 1976 surf side and1978 biggar
Manitoba
WoW what a day Got one site in bay 11-9 and one in bay 4 , that was the best I could do n now where to park the bigger and where to park the other, My daughter and her husband will take one and I the other
nmmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:41 PM   #48

Registry
Hi thanks for the update. Do you know which site in Bay 4? Also will be helpful to know which camper is in which site for the trailer tour.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmmclean View Post
WoW what a day Got one site in bay 11-9 and one in bay 4 , that was the best I could do n now where to park the bigger and where to park the other, My daughter and her husband will take one and I the other
Old 04-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #49

Name: nadine
Trailer: 1976 surf side and1978 biggar
Manitoba
We are in Bay 4 site 2, I am thinking that the biggar will be in bay 11 with our son in law and our daughter , Names are Vana and Dave Smart, But that's just what we are thinking . Anything can change as Dave is in the airforce
nmmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:12 PM   #50

Registry
Thanks for the update of info, makes it easier for people on the trailer tour to know where everyone is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmmclean View Post
We are in Bay 4 site 2, I am thinking that the biggar will be in bay 11 with our son in law and our daughter , Names are Vana and Dave Smart, But that's just what we are thinking . Anything can change as Dave is in the airforce
Old 04-07-2014, 04:14 PM   #51

Registry
Wow as of right now there are 16 trailers registered with camp sites. Not sure as to how many people that is as some have not told me how many are in their party. Looks like it will be a nice big group again this year. Now if the snow would only go away.

Rick
Old 04-08-2014, 04:36 AM   #52

Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
Section A site 7 same as last year. Will bring tent coffee and pop corn .
Lyndon Laney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:25 AM   #53

Registry
Thanks Lyndon and LouAnne. See you there.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndon Laney View Post
Section A site 7 same as last year. Will bring tent coffee and pop corn .
Old 04-08-2014, 06:08 PM   #54

Registry
Well it only took an hour and 20 minutes yesterday but I did get my same site as every other year.

Shirley and I will be in Section A Site 9.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:45 PM   #55

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Back in.....finally!

After missing the past two years because of work it is great to be back! Having a Blizzard in Inuvik right now which is making me want to be at the rally even more!

We have site A5.

See everyone there!

Roland and Noella
Old 04-09-2014, 05:26 AM   #56

Registry
Hi Roland, welcome back to the fiberglassrv site. Don't let your feet freeze to the ground in Inuvik, make sure you get out. LOL

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland H View Post
After missing the past two years because of work it is great to be back! Having a Blizzard in Inuvik right now which is making me want to be at the rally even more!

We have site A5.

See everyone there!

Roland and Noella
Old 04-10-2014, 09:24 AM   #57

Name: T&K
Trailer: Boler
Manitoba
Two years ago we bought an old well-loved but run-down Boler. Then we went to St. Malo with it to gather ideas from all of the fiberglass trailer owners. Then we put our Boler in the shop and worked on it (off and on) for two years. It is still not quite ready for its grand re-opening, but it will be soon. We will bring it to St. Malo, together with its matching 1953 Mercury pick-up truck, and will be very happy to show off all the different things we have done to refresh it. We're very excited! Also, we would like to hear from anyone who has done any towing of a Boler with a 4 cylinder car. We are thinking about getting a VW TDI some time in the future. And we are especially anxious to learn about people's experiences with different kinds of awnings for their fiberglass trailers. See you all in St. Malo!
rova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:15 AM   #58

Name: Karen
Trailer: 1977 Boler 13'
Manitoba
Hi Rick,

Since April 7, a few spots became available again in Bay 11. Elaine and I transferred over from Bay 1 to Bay 11. I am now in Bay 11 site 5 and Elaine is Bay 11 site 3.

Karen
Karen E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:05 PM   #59

Registry
Glad you got a closer site Karen, better to be closer to all the action.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen E View Post
Hi Rick,

Since April 7, a few spots became available again in Bay 11. Elaine and I transferred over from Bay 1 to Bay 11. I am now in Bay 11 site 5 and Elaine is Bay 11 site 3.

Karen
Old 04-10-2014, 04:10 PM   #60

Registry
Your should take a look at the VW Tiguan. It was a tossup between that and Ford Escape I decided to buy. The Tiguan had to be factory ordered the way I wanted it and would have taken 6 months to get. But I am glad I got the Escape instead as the tow rating in much higher.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rova View Post
Two years ago we bought an old well-loved but run-down Boler. Then we went to St. Malo with it to gather ideas from all of the fiberglass trailer owners. Then we put our Boler in the shop and worked on it (off and on) for two years. It is still not quite ready for its grand re-opening, but it will be soon. We will bring it to St. Malo, together with its matching 1953 Mercury pick-up truck, and will be very happy to show off all the different things we have done to refresh it. We're very excited! Also, we would like to hear from anyone who has done any towing of a Boler with a 4 cylinder car. We are thinking about getting a VW TDI some time in the future. And we are especially anxious to learn about people's experiences with different kinds of awnings for their fiberglass trailers. See you all in St. Malo!

Tags
rally, vin