MB 2014, Aug.15-17: Manitoba Fiberglass & Vintage Camper Rally, - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2014, 04:30 PM   #21

Name: nadine
Trailer: 1976 surf side and1978 biggar
Manitoba
sorry , yes it is a B170
nmmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:40 AM   #22

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Hi Nadine, I have added you to the list of attendees, and look forward to meeting you. Depending on weather you need electrical or a basic site, you should book your site on day opening of April 7th. Bay 11 electrical sites sell out the first day. Section A Basic sites are ok to book later if you want to wait.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmmclean View Post
This will be our first rally, looking forward to it and looking forward to meeting some fellow campers, we still have our surfside but also just came into a biggar that needs some TLC , not sure which one we will bring, hope we are able to get a site
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:39 AM   #23

Name: nadine
Trailer: 1976 surf side and1978 biggar
Manitoba
Thanks Rick we are so looking forward to attending .For the last 3 years we have wanted to go but have been unable to get that weekend off . This year we are off . We are hoping to get an electrical site and thank goodness I have the booking day off work , so wish us luck and we will see you then ,I am thinking we may bring the bigger , it needs some work and we need ideas since we are so new to the world of rally's and RVing
nmmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:23 PM   #24

Registry
I hope you do bring the Bigger, I understand they were made right here in Winnipeg. I don't think I have ever seen one and would love to see it on the Trailer Tour.

Rick Mooyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmmclean View Post
Thanks Rick we are so looking forward to attending .For the last 3 years we have wanted to go but have been unable to get that weekend off . This year we are off . We are hoping to get an electrical site and thank goodness I have the booking day off work , so wish us luck and we will see you then ,I am thinking we may bring the bigger , it needs some work and we need ideas since we are so new to the world of rally's and RVing
Old 02-06-2014, 05:13 PM   #25

Registry
IC that some of you are still chatting in the 2013 thread we should be doing it here in the 2014 Thread instead.

Rick
Old 03-21-2014, 04:43 PM   #26

Registry
Just a reminder to bring the 2014 chat to this link as a few are still in the 2013 link. I will send out the reminder for registration next weekend to everyone on my list.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:44 AM   #27

Name: Anita & Ken
Trailer: 1975 Boler, tow vehicle is 2007 Silverado
Manitoba
I'm working that day, but will go in very early and log into my computer so I can get in the queue for registration Can't wait for summer
A Storgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:17 AM   #28

Registry
They made some changes that hopefully will make it go faster. Bookings for Birds Hill Park open 2 weeks earlier taking a lot of the congestion away from the other parks. Hopefully all the booking go smooth this year as they work the bugs out of the system.

Do let me know what site you get as you book it.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Storgard View Post
I'm working that day, but will go in very early and log into my computer so I can get in the queue for registration Can't wait for summer
Old 03-23-2014, 10:56 AM   #29

Name: Sinnamingrrl
Trailer: 1974 Boler
Manitoba
Hi Im new to the forum and new to my "74 Boler. Working with my Dad to restore, but this Rally sounds like a blast! I do hope I can get a site for the weekend, the parks reservations site is going to be pretty busy this year, I think everyone has serious cabin fever.

Looking forward to meeting you all!
Nikki
sinnamingrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #30

Registry
Hi Nikki, ya if you want electrical you will have to boo the first morning as they sell out fast. The Basic sites you can wait a bit if you really have to but if you want a certain site you have to book fast.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnamingrrl View Post
Hi Im new to the forum and new to my "74 Boler. Working with my Dad to restore, but this Rally sounds like a blast! I do hope I can get a site for the weekend, the parks reservations site is going to be pretty busy this year, I think everyone has serious cabin fever.

Looking forward to meeting you all!
Nikki
Old 03-23-2014, 04:04 PM   #31

Name: Sinnamingrrl
Trailer: 1974 Boler
Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Mooyman View Post
Hi Nikki, ya if you want electrical you will have to boo the first morning as they sell out fast. The Basic sites you can wait a bit if you really have to but if you want a certain site you have to book fast.

Rick
Well, Im ready for 7am April 7th!! Hope it doesn't go toooo quick!
sinnamingrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:05 PM   #32

Hi All,

Looks like we should make it again this year since my dad just sent me the reminder to book the campsite lol.

Sandra and Sean and the littles
SBracken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:51 AM   #33

Registry
Hi Sandra and Sean. Your Dad told me he is not coming back till the snow is gone, so I guess he will be gone for some time yet eh? Are you going to book his site too?

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBracken View Post
Hi All,

Looks like we should make it again this year since my dad just sent me the reminder to book the campsite lol.

Sandra and Sean and the littles
Old 03-25-2014, 07:43 AM   #34

Hey Rick,

He is all set up to book it online from wherever he is on April 7 but if he runs into problems I'm sure he'll let me know and I'll take care of it.

Sandra
Old 03-29-2014, 06:31 AM   #35

Registry

It is reminder time. Reservations start Monday April 7th at 7am.

We would like to invite you all to the 5th Annual Manitoba Fiberglass and Vintage Camper Rally

Open to all Boler, Trillium, Surfside, Scamp, Ventura, ect….

Dates: August 15 to 17, 2014

Location: St Malo Provincial Park; located 45 minutes South of Winnipeg and 45 minutes North of the Canada/USA border on Highway 59. This park has a nice beach area along with hiking and biking trails. There are modern washrooms and showers and the small town of St Malo is within one mile.

We will be using Bay 11 for electrical and Section A for Non-electrical again this year for the Rally. This is a popular park in Southern Manitoba so please make your reservations as early as possible so that some people will not be in other areas of the park like last year.

Reservations at the Parks Website will start on Monday April 7th, 2014 at 7:00am the link to the reservation site is http://prspub.gov.mb.ca/ It should be alot easier this year as the bookings for Birdshill Park started last week already.

If you plan to attend the event please see the RALLY CALENDAR on the http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/ website and RSVP to me at rick.mooyman@shaw.ca with your campsite number, year and make of camper and number of people attending.

More info to follow as we get closer to the event.

Thank you from your hosts
Rick Mooyman rick.mooyman@shaw.ca
Roland Hoffman

PS. If anyone is interested, Shirley and I will be attending the Macklin SK Rally the 3rd weekend of July 2014. If anyone is interested let me know and we can set something up and all travel together, it would be nice to run a convoy of Fiberglass RV’s from Manitoba to Saskatchewan. Just think of the looks we will get as we cruise down the highway.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:34 AM   #36
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
That only took 1/2 hour waiting and refreshing the computer to make my reservation. I am in Site 15, Bay 11 from Aug 14 - 17.
That is the hard part done with, now the second hardest part .... waiting for August to arrive. Looking forward to meeting you all
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:46 AM   #37

Registry
Thanks for the update I am still in line and have been since 7 only 2/3 of the way and have to be at work at 8, guess I am going to be late today.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G. View Post
That only took 1/2 hour waiting and refreshing the computer to make my reservation. I am in Site 15, Bay 11 from Aug 14 - 17.
That is the hard part done with, now the second hardest part .... waiting for August to arrive. Looking forward to meeting you all
Old 04-07-2014, 07:15 AM   #38

2014, Aug.15-17: Manitoba Fiberglass & Vintage Camper Rally,

I thought my little blue dot would never make it to the top of the line!

Managed to get my dad Luc booked in his usual spot, Section A site 6, and we booked on Bay 11, site 2 this year.

Sandra
Old 04-07-2014, 08:26 AM   #39

Name: Maureen
Trailer: 2003 Trillium Outback
Saskatchewan
Registry
Got on line at 7:00 Manitoba time (6:00 our time) and after a hour and half got on. But only 1 spot left in Bay 11 and we had hoped to get the spot we had last year in Bay 4 but only 4 spots left.

We are booked in Bay 4, site 15. Couldn't believe how booked spots were!!! Now waiting for the time to come. Hope others can make it to the Macklin event too!
Maureen H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:44 AM   #40

Registry
Thanks for the update Sandra. Took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to get through the line to book 2 sites.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBracken View Post
I thought my little blue dot would never make it to the top of the line!

Managed to get my dad Luc booked in his usual spot, Section A site 6, and we booked on Bay 11, site 2 this year.

Sandra

Tags
rally, vin